[GRbenji #02] Macro @ Venus Drive on 15 Jan 2011 (Photo Sharing)

Great shots you have :)
I never like to use tripod...but sometimes... shoot with tripod can have very very nice clean background effects which is better then just black background.

Great that your son like macro hobby too! :thumbsup:

Thanks Koh for organizing the macro shoot. My son Isaac and I had a great time, though the early drizzle had me worried for a while.

#1. Mating Ritual
#2. Wet Cat
#3. Morning Milk Shake
#4. Jumping Spider
#5 Chrysalis (Pupa in a nest)

Nice catpures. :)

Try to reduce the harsh shadow using a diffuser, and if possible go closer to the subject.
Shoot more and you will improve fast ;)

Below are my blur blur picture , hope can get advice to improve furture ..

Hi Fatfish, I like this most :heart:;) but it would be better if adjust abit the explosure higher, it look under from my PC screen ;p

#11 candid shot
5357102007_bf5a2e088a_z.jpg

#8.
5355912047_dc2c2d91e2_b.jpg

Hi Jeffrey, your lighting very nice and soft! Great job. I like your tree frog best #7. Missed that one. Nice and rare!

Last edited:
#4 - and :dunno: spider
5356626026_a6ef0fbfc8_b.jpg

#5 - Front shot
5356013455_e77c1bc6a3_b.jpg

#6 - Side shot
5356013667_ea4e065945_b.jpg
Hey Koh, I like your spider series! Your new double flash set up look really good! The control of lighting is very nice!

:) Had a fun time today although did not shoot much.

#1 You are not alone
5356116247_44a6e4b6e6_z.jpg

#2 I :heart: Jumping Spider

5356733348_5450482dfe_z.jpg
HI Yilin,

your spider's eyes very well focused! Good shots!

Thanks for the great outing led by Mr Koh! Here is some of the contribution:

3)
5356039645_0d9e9c6daa_b.jpg
Steve, your number 3 is outstanding! Love the eyes! My wife was saying that it really is a very good shot!

Last edited:
Below are my blur blur picture , hope can get advice to improve furture ..

DSC_0206.jpg

Next time will make sure battery fully charged and DIY a simply diffuser hahahahah

Nice attempt for first timer..;)
Need more work for the lighting and subject focusing.

Jacobs, very nice. Your pics are very good. I like your number 3 best. so clear. Sayang, I missed the number 1, would have loved to take the one with the large proboscis.

Jacobs your shots are so pro~~~ like all 3 of them! :thumbsup:

Thanks bro Adrian & sis Jane.
Still a lot work to do for futher improvement especially lighting configuration.

Hi,here are my humble shot from this venus drive shots.Thank to bros koh for organizing this trip.

DSC_0057crop_008.jpg

DSC_0029a_003.jpg

DSC_0068crop_015.jpg

#8.

Hi Jeffrey, your lighting very nice and soft! Great job. I like your tree frog best #7. Missed that one. Nice and rare!

Thanks Daddy Bear! Don't worries I sure u can found the the tree frog next time. Hehe...

Steve, your number 3 is outstanding! Love the eyes! My wife was saying that it really is a very good shot!

Thanks Bro! Glad you like it. It is taken early that yesterday, but it only allowed me to take three shots then flied away, no chance to let you guys to take snap, what a pity!

Thanks for organising this trip. Learn a lot of skill and knowledge from the group. Thanks.

Good shots Mark. I like the damselfly.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the great outing organize by Bro Koh. It's a enjoyable & fun met with old kaki's and new learner.

Bro Jacobs, good harvests huh!:thumbsup:
Got to leave a bit earlier yesterday.
Will post mu lousy shots later.

Cheers.
LEW

Thanks to Bro Koh for the great outing. Is a very fun outing and also happy talking around with all the friends there. Below is my humble shots for today.

#7.
[
5355912725_b8a0160bc8_b.jpg

#8.
]

Jeffrey, Good shots, especially like #07 the frog & #08 JS.

Cheers.
LEW