graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks to all guys.
:)

Since you still wish to game on your 30" a 8800GTS 640mb would be a good match. Won't help in PS though but I think the 3d accelerated previews in CS3 bridge *might* be a little smoother.

Get this. .

index_tower_20070313.png

You will never look back. . ;)

I got already :thumbsup:

jeanie, since LR never let you choose scratch disk, it should be following window's default scratchdisk.

Try doing this :

Go Control Panel->System->Advanced->Performance Settings->Advanced->Virtual Memory
There you can specify where the scratch disk and capacity is. Maybe you can disable scratch on C: and manually allocate elsewhere.

splutter,
this step you asked me do, i can allocate my photoshop scratchdisk HDD to it right?
do i set in the custom size, or click the system managed file or the no paging file?

Get this. .

index_tower_20070313.png

specs_top20060807.jpg

You will never look back. . ;)

Couldn't have said it better :thumbsup:

Jeanie, I didn't realize you were a power user of sorts. Do think about a Mac Pro, Lightroom, Brightroom, Dwightroom and what not will NEVER, EVER complain you don't have enough resources (even if your hardware is already speced over the top). Heck, by then, you can donate Lightroom to the homeless and get Aperture.

Sorry for the OT though.

Since you still wish to game on your 30" a 8800GTS 640mb would be a good match. Won't help in PS though but I think the 3d accelerated previews in CS3 bridge *might* be a little smoother.

Since she is so rich, I suggested her to change to a QX CPU, 4 X graphic cards, 8GB of RAM and 2 TB of HDD running in RAID confirguration etc...

Some ppl using much lower end than her n she still complain. No choice lor, since she rich but if she is rich, she should change her system to what I suggested. ;p

Wow.. really a very good thread for updating knowledge of latest IT stuff.. :bigeyes:

As for jeanie, why makes your life so difficult huh, cannot settle for a smaller monitor or one with lower resolution meh? :sweat:

你很牛leh.. 一般人走到死胡同都会往后退,你却只想把墙撞倒,太猛了吧..

I believe most of us here are still using monitor with resolution like 1280 x 1024, many are only starting to dream of owning a panel that can match the HD requirement of 1920 x 1080 in the near future. Some guys that did make the move now to own a full HD projector or large LCD or plasma panel are already very happy with what they can get from 1920 x 1080 over a 40" to 100+" screen. But you hv exceeded all those in one go and are running 2560 x 1600 already..

I think you are moving way too fast liaoz.. the hardware standard cannot catch up with you.. :bsmilie:

退一步海阔天空..

kongo 猩猩,

你 sibeh 酸 lei!:sticktong

I thought you don't really depend on your graphic card if you are running your photoshop, want you need more is RAM... What I know is if you are rendering 3D graphics, or gaming, then you need a good graphic card...

Status
Not open for further replies.