Grainy photo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zac08

Feb 21, 2005
East
Can anyone please advise? Does it mean the photo is taken badly when at actual size the photo look a bit grainy? Thanks
As mentioned, NO.

it's sometimes desired as an effect to certain pics. Some even add in noise in the digital editing stage to induce some grainy effect.

zac08

Feb 21, 2005
East
realise i duno any web that can upload my photo in native resolution. site like flickr and photobucket will resize the photo to smaller one
Flickr has the option to view at orignal resolution.

bedrock

Jun 29, 2003
grainy and blur are very different.
Blur is usually casued by camera shake while grainy photos are caused by high ISO and/or long exposure.

Both when used creatively can produce good photos :)

Kit

Jan 19, 2002
Upper Bukit Timah
Visit site
realise i duno any web that can upload my photo in native resolution. site like flickr and photobucket will resize the photo to smaller one
If you upload the pictures in their original sizes, Flickr will resize them to a few sizes but will still retain the original.

cantaresg

Feb 23, 2007
Woodlands
Nowadays, the chroma noise looks less appealing, but if taken with b&w, it still has some favour there.

After comparing some of my photo taken @ ISO 100, realise there is one photo taken at native resolution is not blur the detauils quite clear , so I suppose is either my setting or there is handshake during photo taking

zac08

Feb 21, 2005
East
After comparing some of my photo taken @ ISO 100, realise there is one photo taken at native resolution is not blur the detauils quite clear , so I suppose is either my setting or there is handshake during photo taking
Do share the pic and also your settings that the picture was taken at. It could also be a low DOF due to a wide aperture and blurness due to low shutter speed or a combination of them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom