Grainy photo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
high ISO?

Can anyone please advise? Does it mean the photo is taken badly when at actual size the photo look a bit grainy? Thanks

As mentioned, NO.

it's sometimes desired as an effect to certain pics. Some even add in noise in the digital editing stage to induce some grainy effect.

realise i duno any web that can upload my photo in native resolution. site like flickr and photobucket will resize the photo to smaller one

Flickr has the option to view at orignal resolution.

grainy and blur are very different.
Blur is usually casued by camera shake while grainy photos are caused by high ISO and/or long exposure.

Both when used creatively can produce good photos :)

realise i duno any web that can upload my photo in native resolution. site like flickr and photobucket will resize the photo to smaller one

If you upload the pictures in their original sizes, Flickr will resize them to a few sizes but will still retain the original.

grainy sometimes good for the gritty look. :)

Nowadays, the chroma noise looks less appealing, but if taken with b&w, it still has some favour there.

After comparing some of my photo taken @ ISO 100, realise there is one photo taken at native resolution is not blur the detauils quite clear , so I suppose is either my setting or there is handshake during photo taking

After comparing some of my photo taken @ ISO 100, realise there is one photo taken at native resolution is not blur the detauils quite clear , so I suppose is either my setting or there is handshake during photo taking

Do share the pic and also your settings that the picture was taken at. It could also be a low DOF due to a wide aperture and blurness due to low shutter speed or a combination of them...

Status
Not open for further replies.