Grace Digital Lab (since 1984)

Status
Not open for further replies.
reachme2003 said:
hi Simon, may I ask you for advice. I am new to printing prints from digital medias. Is it accurate that digital prints turn out better if they are overexposed by 1 stop using flash.What about those shot without flash? Thank you very much.
Hello, 90% of my pro. customers/friends fully agreed on your point. I think you ought to try out and print it to see the result.

Java_Guru said:
Simon,

i could host on my webspace easily if you want. That way, all your customers can easily download it. This is after all the age of broadband.

Rgds.

Lionel
Hi Java_Guru, thank you for the offer. Anyway I'll let you know when I need it cos being busy at the moment. May God bless you for your kind heart.

simon tan said:
Per roll --2.50cts + 1.00cts for CD-R. No minimun quantity.
WOW :bigeyes:
Do you mean $2.50 to develop per roll of Neg and $1 for CD-R? So total to develop a roll of Neg and scan to CD without print is $3.50. If this the price then you sure to expect me there liao.
Next day collection? Any Express service?

I believe the price is $2.50 for the scanning service and $1 for the cost of the CDR. The seperate cost of developing the film should be around $3/$3.50 I think.

simon tan said:
Hi Java_Guru, thank you for the offer. Anyway I'll let you know when I need it cos being busy at the moment. May God bless you for your kind heart.

No problem. Just let me know via pm here in clubsnap. If the profiles are really huge, u can post a CDR to me.

The server space is from a web space provider with high bandwidth. There should not be issues for your customers to download at all.

Cursor said:
WOW :bigeyes:
Do you mean $2.50 to develop per roll of Neg and $1 for CD-R? So total to develop a roll of Neg and scan to CD without print is $3.50. If this the price then you sure to expect me there liao.
Next day collection? Any Express service?
Wrong guess! 2.50cts is neg. already being developed. New roll is 6.50cts.

simon tan said:
Still cheaper then what I have been paying now. Beside price, how is the quality of the scan? What is the resolution? Able to reproduce min 4R print from the file?

simon tan said:

So for new roll (develop + scanning into CD) total is $6.50

And what is the resolution of the scan? (eg. 1800 x 1200 )

chelsea said:
Hi Simon

just wondering if there's a better rate for more prints?
I'm consolidating my digital pics for print in 4R and 8R and i having a headache deciding which one to print in 4R and which one in 8R.

so, it will be a great help if u could let me know if there's a better rate for more prints..
like >100 prints in 4R, $0.30 each??
>20 prints in S8R, $2.50 each??

thanks!

Simon, I'm awaiting your kind reply to Chelsea's question. Just like her/him?, I will be developing over 150 photos very soon. I'm contemplating of using another well-quoted shop in Hong Lim Complex who offers 30 cents for 4R. If you can match this price, I'll be visiting very soon.

Furthermore, your shop is more convenient for me as I'm staying in this area.

Cursor said:
Still cheaper then what I have been paying now. Beside price, how is the quality of the scan? What is the resolution? Able to reproduce min 4R print from the file?
Able to print to 8R. Please come and try it out.

Deadly said:
Simon, I'm awaiting your kind reply to Chelsea's question. Just like her/him?, I will be developing over 150 photos very soon. I'm contemplating of using another well-quoted shop in Hong Lim Complex who offers 30 cents for 4R. If you can match this price, I'll be visiting very soon.

Furthermore, your shop is more convenient for me as I'm staying in this area.
I thought I had already post out to her. Anyway, yes is the answer. I can offer the price too.

simon tan said:
Able to print to 8R. Please come and try it out.
Will go down, but by the time I reach there after work it is already pass 7PM. So my only hope is on Sat. Unless u got a drop in deposit box for me to drop my neg then collect on sat. Else me have to wait for 1 week each time I develop.

simon tan said:
I thought I had already post out to her. Anyway, yes is the answer. I can offer the price too.

Simon, thanks for the prompt reply. I shall be visiting real soon now.

Simon, some question for you.
1. What is the resolution? Depends on customers?
2. Roughly, what is the size of each pix scanned?
3. Lastly, how many rolls can be fitted on 1 cdr?
Thanks.

I've not visited the shop yet, but i recommended it to a friend who stayed nearby.

He printed a few 8R and 4R and was very happy with the result. I saw the prints too and the result was indeed good

for those who stayed near to the shop, i would advice u to try it out.. maybe a roll or a few pics to see if u really like wht u get.

PS : i'm in no way related to the shop. It's just that i'm satisfied with the result, that's why i recommend u guys to try it out.

Cursor said:
Will go down, but by the time I reach there after work it is already pass 7PM. So my only hope is on Sat. Unless u got a drop in deposit box for me to drop my neg then collect on sat. Else me have to wait for 1 week each time I develop.
Hi, you can drop it in my letterbox.
Some of my clients did that too. Thank you.

chelsea said:
I've not visited the shop yet, but i recommended it to a friend who stayed nearby.

He printed a few 8R and 4R and was very happy with the result. I saw the prints too and the result was indeed good

for those who stayed near to the shop, i would advice u to try it out.. maybe a roll or a few pics to see if u really like wht u get.

PS : i'm in no way related to the shop. It's just that i'm satisfied with the result, that's why i recommend u guys to try it out.
Thank you Chelsea for the compliment. Hope to see you soon.

simon tan said:
Hi, you can drop it in my letterbox.
Some of my clients did that too. Thank you.
Yes that will be great, so what do I need to indicate on the film roll when I drop it in? I guess my name and contact is a must.
How long is the processing time for developing a fresh roll of neg and scan to CD without print? Lastly, where is your letter box? just infront of your shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.