GR Digital II announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fei: care to share how much you bought it at? bundled with anything?

blue_quartz: hope not, grd2 is only 1 yr old at most?

Anyone know if there will be a Ricoh booth at the coming PC Show?

Hi KNV, i got my babe last weekend at Plaza Sing Best Denki Ricoh road show for $1199nett.
Comes with the neckstrap, 4 GB SDHC Memory card, screen protector, soft case, cleaning kit, extra 3rd party batt, adapter + hood GH 1, GW 1 ( 21mm wide angle lens) and 3 years warranty! Ordered my piece of GT 1 as well at 150 if i remember correctly. ;)

Hey Fei, that's the same deal i saw at Century Sq Best Denki, but i'm holding out hope PC show will have a better deal, btw do they have installment plan? Poor student here

Hi KNV, i got my babe last weekend at Plaza Sing Best Denki Ricoh road show for $1199nett.
Comes with the neckstrap, 4 GB SDHC Memory card, screen protector, soft case, cleaning kit, extra 3rd party batt, adapter + hood GH 1, GW 1 ( 21mm wide angle lens) and 3 years warranty! Ordered my piece of GT 1 as well at 150 if i remember correctly. ;)

That's a good price & good deal. :thumbsup:

I just got the GR DII few days ago and already experiencing problem with it..
Sometimes when I power it up, I will get a freeze and blurry LCD. When that happens, I can't take any photo and also can't power it down except to remove the batt and put them back again. Happened 3 times to me for the 1st unitl Went back to the shop and got it replaced yesterday and the replaced unit also have the same problem happened twice today.

Does anyone experience the same problem or that I am really unlucky? Should I go back to the shop and ask for another replacement or send back to the agent?

Sigh.. very disappointed..

Send back to Agent.I just got mine replaced last week. And the ger there very helpful.
Even the replaced set, She got it checked by the engineer there and told me its not smooth. Get me another new set.
So far so good. But now I lost my GW-1 lens cap. Anyone know where can i get replacement for that beside going back to agent?

More problem...just realised that the sensor has a speck of dust when photo taken at f9.0
And part of the rubber grip is starting to come off...
Damn... is Ricoh quality really that bad?

Picture of the speck of dust:
R0010434.jpg

Picture of rubber grip coming off:
IMG_5371a.jpg

Guys, just bought a GR1s, anyone can share with me where is the Ricoh Singapore Service Centre for Cameras? Can't seem to find the info.

I just got the camera from John 3:16 few days ago and already experiencing problem with it..
Sometimes when I power it up, I will get a freeze and blurry LCD. When that happens, I can't take any photo and also can't power it down except to remove the batt and put them back again. Happened 3 times to me for the 1st unitl Went back to John and got it replaced yesterday and the replaced unit also have the same problem happened twice today.

Does anyone experience the same problem or that I am really unlucky? Should I go back to John and ask for another replacement or send back to the agent?

Sigh.. very disappointed..

you have to change the macro mode to normal mode i think...:dunno:

Comes with the neckstrap, 4 GB SDHC Memory card, screen protector, soft case, cleaning kit, extra 3rd party batt, adapter + hood GH 1, GW 1 ( 21mm wide angle lens) and 3 years warranty! Ordered my piece of GT 1 as well at 150 if i remember correctly.

After searching around, went ahead to get from BestDenki as well, got the same gifts plus an extra 2g sd card. They have an ongoing roadshow at Parkway Parade.

P.S how do you guys carry around the cam with wide angled lens attached? Quite bulky, any good case? something like the link below where can attach the lens. But not at Artisan&Artists price point!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hirosan/2127172681/

Went to S.A.M. today for a stroll and took this picture. Re-crop in Photoshop.

2596838537_686f86aa26_b.jpg

Wondering if anyone has an external flash to recommend for use with the GRD II?

Been seeing Sunpak PF20XD or Metz 20 C-2 recommended around different boards, but not sure of its availability here.

Anyone can recommend?

Thanks.

Anyone using non-Ricoh lens? Seen on flickr boards that the raynox qc303 is a fun cheap attachment but seems like discountinued, any idea where to get it?

Talking about external flash...
Has anyone try the Lomo Ringflash or Holgon Ringflash on GRD2?

I only use the GT-1 with the GRD2, works quite well but prone to flare...

GRD2 managed to keep up with NDP today lol
2660569087_e643903fcf.jpg

went onto the Singapore Flyer last Saturday evening. It was a coincident that the NDP preview is on-going as well. Got a snap with my GRD2 from the capsule, a little shaky thou...

2667142252_06a0b47a4e.jpg

2666321389_b2348f27fe.jpg

2667144656_c5c67a1a4e.jpg

Hi anyone heard of the golden, red or blue line lens attachment screw caps in town?
Saw some at the ricoh forum and they look really cool! =)

Hi anyone heard of the golden, red or blue line lens attachment screw caps in town?
Saw some at the ricoh forum and they look really cool! =)

saw them selling in cathay foto peninsula plaza a few months back. or try see if john 3:16 hav?

Status
Not open for further replies.