Got customer like diz..... can vomit blood...


Status
Not open for further replies.

righton

New Member
Aug 28, 2005
79
0
0
#1
Last week Friday I shot for a couple's ROM for $200 (4hrs + work) shooting from their home to ROM to post-ROM lunch at hotel.

Many of the couple's friends and relatives turned up to support them.

After everything, 460+ images from every imaginable angle and combination of friends/relatives were taken.

Everyone left after the makan except the groom and bride and couple of their uncles settling bills.

When come to my turn, one of the uncle instead of paying me, asked for all images to be submitted with negatives and 4R images to be accompanied inside little photo albums.

I told Uncle that I shoot with a digital SLR so there are no negatives and that I will send over a CD of all images.

Wah laozzzz!!!! This is when it got ugly Uncle said "Wah Lao, you spend nothing on film or developing, give us only a CD and we have to print ourselves..... like this lah, $100 can or not?"

I said sorry padre no way..... its $200 and you'll get all the images in a CD

I think the groom's older generation from uneducated background and gangsters. The other Uncle then came in and "Ah Tee ay..... lu simi blah blah blah...... knnbcb jiao kia...... blah blah blah"

I just cut the whole situation short, hopped into a cab with the 2 uncles hot on my heels........ literally.

Anyway in the cab i just boiled in sheer anger that I am treated like this.......... I mean wtf, limpeh worked my a** off for 4hrs and make sure everything was shot and covered properly and knn getting the old aunties to pose together and put on smiles for the camera, go fort caning park some more etc etc etc .............. and they only want to pay me $100 just becos I m from poly doing this parttime

Sebei tulan.............. I called back the groom to see how I will get paid......... bladdy guy kenna psycho by his uncles' 'logic' and now also
want me to accept $100 claiming that he thought that they would get 4R prints when I accepted the job at $200 when I VERY clearly remembered telling him that they would get a CD of all the images.

Wah lan my blood really boil like crazy now.

I got so pissed off and told him "Hey man!!! Nevermind, keep your farcking $100 !!!!!! I'm deleting all the images! BYE!" and re-formatted my CF card right there in the taxi.

It felt good at tat time

But now I feel sad because the couple lost their ROM pics (except those taken by their own relatives' and friends' cameras)
 

AhV

Senior Member
Jun 10, 2004
2,141
0
36
Northland
#3
Er....what should we say ? YOU HAVE DONE WELL ...OUR YOUNG JEDI :bsmilie:

...the force is stRong in you :)
 

JediForce4ever

Senior Member
Aug 16, 2005
3,157
0
0
Singapore, CanonGraphers.org
#5
thats the way to go man....no need to feel sad for them....if they had really wanted the images they would not have shouted at you and demand that you charge them ridiculously low...afterall they have already spent so much on the wedding..what is a hundred more...
 

furball

Senior Member
Sep 20, 2004
139
0
0
Stalking me ???
#6
There is a software called "image recovery" ... :devil:

Tell them, u print for them ... but for a PRICE ... $$$
 

kex

Senior Member
Oct 16, 2002
2,078
0
36
beebox
www.beebox.com.sg
#7
Well Done !

But u should have collected full or at least partial payment for small job like this to prevent such things happening..
 

AhV

Senior Member
Jun 10, 2004
2,141
0
36
Northland
#8
furball said:
There is a software called "image recovery" ... :devil:

Tell them, u print for them ... but for a PRICE ... $$$

yea yea..up the price ...for $200 only, they refuse to give ..then it's $400 now :bsmilie:
 

cheese

New Member
Jan 25, 2004
149
0
0
#9
right on..sometimes you just have to make a firm stand on what you believe in
 

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2003
16,268
0
0
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
#10
kex said:
Well Done !

But u should have collected full or at least partial payment for small job like this to prevent such things happening..
another great example of the integrity of some ppl... its not a matter of getting full or partial payment, if a person is willing to pay, he will pay, and maybe if he late pay 1 day, he give 10% or 100% interest cum another ang pow rite...

seriously, 200 ain't alot to start with, just any lens also more ex than 200... these guys just see our dear comrade good to bully only... anyway, i would suggest do a recovery, den u post their face let us see.. :thumbsup:
 

student

Senior Member
Jul 26, 2004
3,078
0
0
#11
I do not do commercial photography like weddings. But in my work we get these types too!

My suggestion to you is that for future engagements, put everything in writing, and signed.

That protects you as well as the other party.
 

Clown

Moderator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2003
3,780
1
38
Singapore
#12
wah lua eh i hear liao oso hot...
gan pua dulan this kinda people one. bloody cheapskates.
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#13
Well done my friend.

I do feel sorry for u in ur case and understand how u feel (cos I oso kena. But in a more subtle form. Not so direct).

But den again, I hoped that u haven't really deleted off ur images cos u could simply use them for ur personal portfolio to help u in the future! ;)

Such ppl dun deserve an ounce of sympathy so there's no need for u to feel sorry for them. They are obviously trying to beat u down using their weight of their words, sheer numbers and possibly - size, to overwhelm u. Its good that u did not back down.

For our fellow comrade in arms for bravery under fire, for demonstrating exceptional courage in the face of death, he deserves a medal for that.
 

JediForce4ever

Senior Member
Aug 16, 2005
3,157
0
0
Singapore, CanonGraphers.org
#15
righton said:
Last week Friday I shot for a couple's ROM for $200 (4hrs + work) shooting from their home to ROM to post-ROM lunch at hotel.

Many of the couple's friends and relatives turned up to support them.

After everything, 460+ images from every imaginable angle and combination of friends/relatives were taken.

Everyone left after the makan except the groom and bride and couple of their uncles settling bills.

When come to my turn, one of the uncle instead of paying me, asked for all images to be submitted with negatives and 4R images to be accompanied inside little photo albums.

I told Uncle that I shoot with a digital SLR so there are no negatives and that I will send over a CD of all images.

Wah laozzzz!!!! This is when it got ugly Uncle said "Wah Lao, you spend nothing on film or developing, give us only a CD and we have to print ourselves..... like this lah, $100 can or not?"

I said sorry padre no way..... its $200 and you'll get all the images in a CD

I think the groom's older generation from uneducated background and gangsters. The other Uncle then came in and "Ah Tee ay..... lu simi blah blah blah...... knnbcb jiao kia...... blah blah blah"

I just cut the whole situation short, hopped into a cab with the 2 uncles hot on my heels........ literally.

Anyway in the cab i just boiled in sheer anger that I am treated like this.......... I mean wtf, limpeh worked my a** off for 4hrs and make sure everything was shot and covered properly and knn getting the old aunties to pose together and put on smiles for the camera, go fort caning park some more etc etc etc .............. and they only want to pay me $100 just becos I m from poly doing this parttime

Sebei tulan.............. I called back the groom to see how I will get paid......... bladdy guy kenna psycho by his uncles' 'logic' and now also
want me to accept $100 claiming that he thought that they would get 4R prints when I accepted the job at $200 when I VERY clearly remembered telling him that they would get a CD of all the images.

Wah lan my blood really boil like crazy now.

I got so pissed off and told him "Hey man!!! Nevermind, keep your farcking $100 !!!!!! I'm deleting all the images! BYE!" and re-formatted my CF card right there in the taxi.

It felt good at tat time

But now I feel sad because the couple lost their ROM pics (except those taken by their own relatives' and friends' cameras)
are you the official photographer there?....
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#16
student said:
I do not do commercial photography like weddings. But in my work we get these types too!

My suggestion to you is that for future engagements, put everything in writing, and signed.

That protects you as well as the other party.
AHHH~~~~ Now that u'd reminded me man. Thnx.
 

Aton

New Member
Jan 29, 2004
89
0
0
Bedok South
#17
It's natural to get angry under such circumstances.

But to delete and format the shots it immediately after a phone call is not a good move.:nono:

IMHO its an act on impulse. You could have at least kept it stored for a month, wait till the anger on both side die down, they will certainly want to see the shots and pay you. The longer they wait the more anticipation they'll have.

But its good experience for you to learn, but not a very good name you'll get. Have to state everything right from the start.

Personally I feel ROM pics is as important as the customary shots, if not more. Should have hold them "ransom" at least for a while.:bsmilie:
 

Nov 13, 2004
22
0
0
#19
After reading the story, I am so work up!!:mad2:
You should have kept the pictures. Charge them by the pieces. Or ask them to hold another wedding dinner cum ROM.
Imagine the photos that they have at the moment.
You are smart to walk away.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom