Gore Tex outwear, where to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam_always

Apr 10, 2004
Singapore
Hi all,

want to get my outwear for my Mt.KK trip. Thinking of buying Gore-Tex material outwear. Anyone of you know where can i get this kind of outwear? thanks :D

hmm... but timberland quite ex le... looking for cabela's or golite or something that cost less than $200... thanks anyway...

army market might have similar jacket.

also can try cck swimming pool that sell army stuffs shop,forgotten the name already.

Beach road Army market. :bsmilie:

sam_always said:
Hi all,

want to get my outwear for my Mt.KK trip. Thinking of buying Gore-Tex material outwear. Anyone of you know where can i get this kind of outwear? thanks :D

Got some camping shop near City Hall (in Capitol building), very good selection and knowledgable sales person, but I think they are quite exp. also got some in Peninsula plaza or ChinaPoint. Dunno about their pricing though.

Good stuff.... our singapore navy's foul weather suit also using goretex.... impressive.... heavy storm but im still dry inside....lol

you can get them at either base camp (shaw towers at beach road), or adventure 21 at chinatown point.

Go-lite from base camp offers lightweight and reasonable jackets. Adventure 21 offers top quality jackets from mammut. be prepared to pay between 300-700 for one though...

shaw towers...alternatively can order from SAF e-mart if wat u want SAF also have...

cheers..

Stefen said:
you can get them at either base camp (shaw towers at beach road), or adventure 21 at chinatown point.

Go-lite from base camp offers lightweight and reasonable jackets. Adventure 21 offers top quality jackets from mammut. be prepared to pay between 300-700 for one though...

wah... $300-700... :sweat: price quote from internet alot cheaper le, between $150 - $500... hmm... hey stefen, are they selling cobela's brand?? my badget is $200, can get gore-tex type outwear or not?

There's one shop in peninsula plaza level 2, opposite Alex Photo selling outdoor equipment. They have some goretex jacket.

And there's another one in Adelphi, basement level.

Or if you don't mind local brand, you can go to the shop selling outdoor equipment near Queenstown. Their brand is Winner (or winning? can't really remember). they have a wide variety of jacket.

if you have friends going to CHina.. you can get a mammut /north face / marmot / mountain hardware / jackets/windblock fleeces/thermals/ for between 90 - 150 SGD.

If youre lucky you can also find lowepro bags.. for like half the price they are in Singapore.

btw, Sam, when will you go to climb? can i join you? :D

A good place to shop is www.rei-outlet.com. They often have good deals on nice eq.. pantogonia or Arc'teryx even.

prices are better than Singapore.

If you have friends GOing to AUstralia or New zealand, you can also look into Katmandu. The prices are steep but they have regular sales where the prices can be slashed by as much as 50%.

http://www.kathmandu.com.au/

other places that sometimes have sales are :

http://mountainco-op.com/
and
www.moosejaw.com

but if you cant find the online e-coupons they are pricey.

Ebay is also a good place if you dont mind used or factory overruns.

These are all great palces ESPECIALLY now with VpostUsa.

popeye said:
btw, Sam, when will you go to climb? can i join you? :D

Climb Mt.KK on 2th april....

pai seh la popeye, The air ticket has already booked, also the transportation and accommodation. Perhap next time, on jun climb Mt.Rinjani at Bali island. I will jio you if you want... :)

Ya i know sometime can get cheaper on web, but come to size, i really dont know which size to choose le. cant try cant feel, pictures on the web always looks good one. Quite difficult le... Unless i try the jacket i like at shop in singapore then order it on web... :) hehe...

ragdolll said:
A good place to shop is www.rei-outlet.com. They often have good deals on nice eq.. pantogonia or Arc'teryx even.

prices are better than Singapore.

If you have friends GOing to AUstralia or New zealand, you can also look into Katmandu. The prices are steep but they have regular sales where the prices can be slashed by as much as 50%.

http://www.kathmandu.com.au/

other places that sometimes have sales are :

http://mountainco-op.com/
and
www.moosejaw.com

but if you cant find the online e-coupons they are pricey.

Ebay is also a good place if you dont mind used or factory overruns.

These are all great palces ESPECIALLY now with VpostUsa.

check out http://www.camperscorner.com.sg/ They stock the best parkas.
campers corner stuff are much more expensive compared to what you get thru mail order from overseas.
There are 3 climbing/trekking shops in Peninsuala; i know two of them will sell goretex.

have fun for your trip.

the price scary sia... :sweat: my budget is $200 for gore tex jacket... can get it or not? :think:

xieyuqi said:
check out http://www.camperscorner.com.sg/ They stock the best parkas.
campers corner stuff are much more expensive compared to what you get thru mail order from overseas.
There are 3 climbing/trekking shops in Peninsuala; i know two of them will sell goretex.

have fun for your trip.

sam_always said:
the price scary sia... :sweat: my budget is $200 for gore tex jacket... can get it or not? :think:

Its close to impossible to get a Goretex jacket for below $200. The cheapest one I got was for almost $200 and this was a Hong Kong brand after a very steep discount. You can either get a Goretex alternative, there a few on the market, or like someone said, get a friend in China to buy for you.

really, as Soyuz said, in Singapore, close to impossible to get a GoreTex jacket for $200...
go for other alternatives; I settled on a Lafuma jacket (using their Climaway material) with $200.

sam_always said:

Status
Not open for further replies.