Good news for D80, D40/D40X- Battery Grip

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! :bigeyes: Upto 5000 shots!!! :lovegrin: Dunno whether real world figures ... and btw, what's the weight? :bsmilie:

For the D80, I think I will still go for the Nikon's MB-D80, unless this is much cheaper. The N-80 seems to be a grip with batteries integrated into it. Not so good to me, since Li-ion batteries have limited life span and charge/recharge cycles.

Do note that there is no shutter release for the N-40 on the D40.

BC

WOW! :bigeyes: Upto 5000 shots!!! :lovegrin: Dunno whether real world figures ... and btw, what's the weight? :bsmilie:

The EN-EL3e is rated at 2700 shots. You can pop 2 of it into the MB-D80.

BC

The EN-EL3e is rated at 2700 shots. You can pop 2 of it into the MB-D80.

BC
Thanks Bro ... was just wondering about the 3rd party one. Figures real world or .... :bsmilie:

kinda defeats the purpose of making the D40/x so small if you add a grip to it. no?:dunno:

I sold my grip away because the D80 is so nice and small that I do not mind constantly flipping it counterclockwise and using the normal controls. Not much of a stretch for me really. The grip was rather defeating the purpose since I bought the D80 for its small size!

In any case, the figures in the blurp are probably for shooting at JPEG, low quality, small size, no adjustments to settings while shooting, maybe manual focus, non-VR lens and LCD turned off. Just like when they say cars can do xxxx km per litre of petrol, but don't tell you that it's at a constant speed of 60km/h, no aircon and one very light fellow driving up a straight road :bsmilie:

I have two EN-L3s, and I am quite sure they can give the same performance on the same parameters as well. In any case, I have no problems dumping the extra EN-L3 into my bag and changing batteries when the other goes flat. Can even have the extra benefit of leaving one to charge in the hotel room while using the other when travelling!

Status
Not open for further replies.