Good line of lens to have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beginner can only use entry level equipment? Why? So when people pass their driving, they cannot drive BMW, but must start to drive Picanto first? Strange theory.:dunno: Better equipment cannot learn basic according to your statement. (BTW, how you know TS have not master the basic?)
wai's statement is talking about understanding the basics first before dishing out hard earned money needlessly to learn photography in.

Your comprehension of his statement is skewed towards your own opinion. It should compared more like "Knowing how to drive first, rather than thinking of what car to learn driving in".

How do we know TS have not mastered the basics? I think all seasoned photographers here can tell that. I'm sure you can too, can't you?

wai's statement is talking about understanding the basics first before dishing out hard earned money needlessly to learn photography in.

Your comprehension of his statement is skewed towards your own opinion. It should compared more like "Knowing how to drive first, rather than thinking of what car to learn driving in".

How do we know TS have not mastered the basics? I think all seasoned photographers here can tell that. I'm sure you can too, can't you?

So is it wrong to learn how to drive with a BMW? Why is there a stereotype that newbie must use cheap equipment first? Because season photographers cannot take it when newbie use better equipment then them?:dunno:

Just like I hear so many comments that it is a SIN for students who use professional equipment. My question is why can't they use it, if they can afford it and their parents are willing to pay for it. Season photographers are too sore/jealous to see such things?

I've heard of even beginners using a 1D series as their first cam, so nothing surprising.

So is it wrong to learn how to drive with a BMW? Why is there a stereotype that newbie must use cheap equipment first? Because season photographers cannot take it when newbie use better equipment then them?:dunno:

Just like I hear so many comments that it is a SIN for students who use professional equipment. My question is why can't they use it, if they can afford it and their parents are willing to pay for it. Season photographers are too sore/jealous to see such things?

There really is nothing wrong with it lah. I guess its just a different perspective of things.

In a nutshell, its a hobby to well over 90% of us who frequent this forum, so we should enjoy as a hobby, as much as our financial abilities permit.

However, I guess his viewpoint to take your words, is that "if you've never been forced to taste grass, how can one appreciate the joys of eating rice?" ..

So... as above, its a matter of perspective, nothing really right nor really wrong either way.

aiyo.working in this fast pace society is damn xiong already. If still need to stress so much over hobby.life is short.work hard,play hard.

Everybody friend friend in this forum la.at work alr got politics.let's not have argument here too.peace to all. TS work out your budget.upgrade and upgrade not worth e trouble.

im perplexed with the assumptions associated with cheap gear.

There is nothing wrong, but I have no idea why you keep insisting that there is a "stereotype that newbie must use cheap equipment first" I have not seen anyone saying that. Is that your own perception that was formed when you started photography?

Can you point to me a few of the many comments of the SIN? I've not heard of it myself.
If they can afford it by all means buy whatever they like, it doesn't affect me the least bit, in fact it'll do the economy good. Seriously, pro/seasoned photographers cannot be bothered about what newbies use, they will be more concerned on how to get more business or how to achieve better/ more creative shots. Any pros in here care to prove me wrong?

Anyway, it's been good debating with you. You have your stand that newbies should use good equipment and I respect that. While my stand is that newbies should make the most of their available gear and concentrate on basic skills instead of gear envy.

Have a great day at work tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.