Going Back to Film

Going Back to film

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
how much will the body cost aprrox. ??
the 35mm and medium format one ?

I'm thinking of shooting film to my coming UK biz trip but not sure how safe is Film safe for the X-ray machine in the airport these days?

Not sure problem to hand check-in for the film?
Any comment/advise?

tks
cheers

I've read to take the film out and put it in a clear bag or container for them to hand-inspect.

Not really necessary for hand inspection unless u are using film iso 800 and above. The x-ray machines should be safe with films ranging from iso-50 to 400, at least it din do any damage to my film :) even though they went thru the machines maybe 3-5 times.

I started using a 35mm SLR in 1962 (I'm 62). I have a closet full of cameras, lens, filters, etc. and have shot on a professional level (weddings, class reunions, business retreats, etc.) I am into my 5th digital camera now. I told my wife a long time ago the difference between a pro and an amateur is a pro takes 10 shots to get one good one, then saves his ass in the darkroom. Digital changes all of that. 4 Gig cards let you shoot all you want (normally). Use a decent software program and a good photo printer and you are equal to a pro. Go back to film? That would be like going back to DOS. No thanks.

Not really necessary for hand inspection unless u are using film iso 800 and above. The x-ray machines should be safe with films ranging from iso-50 to 400, at least it din do any damage to my film :) even though they went thru the machines maybe 3-5 times.

mine too, I bought 10 rolls of films consist of B&W and Slide of ISO100 - 400. no problem so far... gone thru the Hand luggage at least 4 times. I suspect one of my roll that left in the camera actaully gone thru the baggage Xray machine... which might be stronger... got a little bit of color cast... but still ok..

to me there's always something romantic about film =)

I think film is still good when exposing for long minutes/hours. Unlike digital sensor.:what:

Personnal, I like the convenience of not having to post process your shoot for film. Digital correction alway get to me. OF cos, like what many have mention, both have their pros and cons.

wooo...a film outing.. haha...that'll be fun..not to mention to gas over all the awesome cameras people are going to bring..

for me, it goes like this :
prosumer > dslr 1 > dslr 2 > fed (35mm, hmm...so..so) > TLR (medium format...WOW!) > Kiev 88 (WOW!) > Isolette (WOW!) > Graphic view (large format...double WOW!)...

I think its awesome that in this era we still can at least play with film...and have excess to almost everything...so happy with medium format..waiting for the kiev 60...yum..

Yes! finally ome ppl who are equally passionate as I am about going back to film!

I have posted a thread at the gathering section title: Macro on Film. Anyone? to gather response for an outing to either Botanical Gardens or Hort Park.

Any of you guys interested??

Yes! finally ome ppl who are equally passionate as I am about going back to film!

I have posted a thread at the gathering section title: Macro on Film. Anyone? to gather response for an outing to either Botanical Gardens or Hort Park.

Any of you guys interested??

haha great,can i join in as i'm very new in film camera?
my poor fm2 has been sleeping for very long time already.
look forward for the outing...cheers.

Staying with digital. Too entrenched and spoilt by its conveniences already.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.