goin to tekong > june 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
yups, heard about the promotion to HQ CSM...but east timor..haha
what can be worse than knock sgts down???
Originally posted by GreenEggs_n_Ham
yeah!! he's going east timor!

i noe during ur time he was the DEVIL... i'm not sure if he did it to you, but to the monointake, he made them stand-by-bed corridor. :eek:

of late he's become nicer and after my downgrade i became more or less his PA...camp photographer...lol...

he became the HQ CSM... and he got transferred to East Timor...

Originally posted by eug
Only 1 is given for use and stand by bed, by the way the one for standby can ... be used! The other depends on batch is a Gilette Mach 3 shaver, sometimes CQ can forget to indent. The latter shaver may come much later in BMT.

Please no camera unless you want it confiscated. Rules says no camera.

No more than 10 tablets of Panadol allowed.

You only need 1 extra set of PT tee, singlet and shorts. Unless you don't intent to do any washing.

Most important thing that is usually lost are gutters to fold in the bottom end of the camo trousers. Get 2 pairs from beach road or buy with your credit (given when you enter).

If you are a smoker, stock up your cigarattes, but you will seldom get the chance to smoke.

liquid kiwi for last minute touck up if you have no time to shine your boots. Please 1 or 2 pieces of rag for area cleaning, fans are always dirty ...

photostated copies of qualifications (2 sets).

bring deep heat ... 1 to 2 tubes ... tiger balm is the best!!!

1 trash bag, 1 maglite if you can afford it ... batteries for your handphone ... no charging in there.

Don't have to bring your own iron as it is provided.

Bring girlfriend photo too so that you dun get to homesick.

Day 1 and 2 is very hectic ... your commanders will sleep much later than you.

Bring also a good alarm clock.

Bring a few pens and pencil ... maybe your whole pencil box with black permanent markers too. 1 free pen on day 1 but somehow on day 2, 70% of recruits will lose their pen because it falls out of their shorts easily.

Bring your own clothes peg (1 box of wooden pegs, so you can write your name) and hangers ... not provided. Bring 5 sets.

Bring your own tower as SAF towel does a better job as a rain coat.

Write your name on anything and everything, underwear included unless it is a Armani ...

whah ... long list ... there is probably some other thing ... but that's all for now!

Life is great in there, don't worry. You get to eat salmon and spring chicken or are they serving sashimi now?? ;p
Enjoy your king koil bed too.

First of all, thanks for all your replies! You know..its really comforting to know what's required and the things they do inside before you actually go in. So, I'm glad I heard so much from you guys. But this topic is only..like..half a day old?.. so I reckoned more ppl can post their experience. :)

You mention 1 extra set of pt tee, singlet and shorts. so socks no need hor? the place where they hang clothes can tahan 1 company load of clothings right? actually im a lil worried that my clothes cant dry in time. heh, tats y i was thinking of getting additional sets of clothes.

panadol...hmm.. dun think im bringing it in. im sure they have it in their medical place right?

yup, i've got the gutters! went down to beach rd with my fren to get it.

not a smoker. so ciggies no problem. ;) regarding the polishing boots thing, the kiwi polish and kiwi cloth also is included in the stand by bed? which means u must wash ur kiwi cloth everytime there's a stand by bed? do we have to bring rags in? will they provide? i think they will right... i mean..which recruit will know they've to bring rags in? ahah..

thanks for the advice for the photostated copies of qualifications. will get that done. :) im bringing in the snake powder. just a medium 1..not the largest 1...hope its enuf ba. anyway im not the sort who keep on applying powder. even in sg where its so hot now, i also dun apply.

what is a maglite? do we have to bring trash bag in? u mean for area cleaning they wont give us trash bag? yup, i'm gonna buy extra 8310 batt...:)

do for stationery, i just have to bring 1 pen(maybe 2), notebook and 1 permanent black marker right? kk . i'll take note. do i have to really write them on my undies? haha... ok..will bring in own towel(for bathing). oh ya, need to bring in face towel(small 1)?

most important is not to spend any unnecessary $....you are not spending months inside wihout booking out and without any shops inside...
Originally posted by Pokka
First of all, thanks for all your replies! You know..its really comforting to know what's required and the things they do inside before you actually go in. So, I'm glad I heard so much from you guys. But this topic is only..like..half a day old?.. so I reckoned more ppl can post their experience. :)

You mention 1 extra set of pt tee, singlet and shorts. so socks no need hor? the place where they hang clothes can tahan 1 company load of clothings right? actually im a lil worried that my clothes cant dry in time. heh, tats y i was thinking of getting additional sets of clothes.

panadol...hmm.. dun think im bringing it in. im sure they have it in their medical place right?

yup, i've got the gutters! went down to beach rd with my fren to get it.

not a smoker. so ciggies no problem. ;) regarding the polishing boots thing, the kiwi polish and kiwi cloth also is included in the stand by bed? which means u must wash ur kiwi cloth everytime there's a stand by bed? do we have to bring rags in? will they provide? i think they will right... i mean..which recruit will know they've to bring rags in? ahah..

thanks for the advice for the photostated copies of qualifications. will get that done. :) im bringing in the snake powder. just a medium 1..not the largest 1...hope its enuf ba. anyway im not the sort who keep on applying powder. even in sg where its so hot now, i also dun apply.

what is a maglite? do we have to bring trash bag in? u mean for area cleaning they wont give us trash bag? yup, i'm gonna buy extra 8310 batt...:)

do for stationery, i just have to bring 1 pen(maybe 2), notebook and 1 permanent black marker right? kk . i'll take note. do i have to really write them on my undies? haha... ok..will bring in own towel(for bathing). oh ya, need to bring in face towel(small 1)?
:bsmilie:

haha... trust me. u'll fall in love with the snake powder..maybe arnd the 2nd hour u don't have it...

i'm not a powder fan either. but it is, in BMT, an ORDER to powder yourself...

and u won't like the army powder about..the 2nd hour you have it on. :)

do we have to bring rags in? will they provide? i think they will right... i mean..which recruit will know they've to bring rags in? ahah..

will bring in own towel(for bathing). oh ya, need to bring in face towel(small 1)?

u will find out that u need a rag for area cleaning after u enlizt ..... n it will not be given ...... unlezz the system changed .....

hmmmm ...... dont think u will need to bring in ur own towel ..... they will give u 2 green wan .....

:D

icic, thanks. so doubts clear. :)

no need bring rag in ba. most prob they give. and towels also no need. ;)
will they give small face towel?

You mention 1 extra set of pt tee, singlet and shorts. so socks no need hor?
They give 5 pair of green socks and 2 pair of white socks. You only use greens during PTP or BMT. You can get another 2 pair if you want.

the place where they hang clothes can tahan 1 company load of clothings right?
Each section has it's own cloths linen in their own bunk (room), drys fastest on a chair under the fan.

im sure they have it in their medical place right?
Yes. Don't worry ... they will even send a chopper to pick you up if you are really in a life threatening ondition...

regarding the polishing boots thing, the kiwi polish and kiwi cloth also is included in the stand by bed?
Forgot to add ... buy 1 orange cloth ... make it 2 ... orange cloth is multi purpose, cleaning ... kiwi ... brush provided.

do we have to bring rags in? will they provide? i think they will right... i mean..which recruit will know they've to bring rags in?
As I said orange cloth is multi-purpose, after using kiwi, can you still use a black cloth to clean the windows or table? Just bring 1 rag ... more rags makes the job easier, else how to split the job of cleaning ...?

just a medium 1..not the largest 1...hope its enuf ba. anyway im not the sort who keep on applying powder. even in sg where its so hot now, i also dun apply.
You need one large can if you don't wash your socks often and in there you get heat rash easily, so bring a large can ...if you can carry.

what is a maglite?
Incredibly bright torch that runs on AA or AAA

do we have to bring trash bag in?
This is not for rubbish but for full pack ... camps ... marches ... your instuctor will explain.

u mean for area cleaning they wont give us trash bag?
Provided.

i just have to bring 1 pen(maybe 2), notebook and 1 permanent black marker right?
Make it 2 black, 1 blue, 1 red, and yes permanent marker.

do i have to really write them on my undies?
Unless the underwear you are wearing is not available in Singapore else ... just make a mark on the under side ... where it denotes the size with your initials ... else missing underwear ... is a nightmare ...

oh ya, need to bring in face towel(small 1)?
Up to you ... for hygiene purpose yes.

Whew ... tiring ...

hehe, thanks for the advice! will bring 1 rag in then. :)
/me feeling ever soooooooo excited! :D

Don't worry about all the inspection and stuff.
No matter how clean your cupboard/bunk/rifle is,
if the instructor wants to pick on you'all, there's
1001 ways to do it. I used to be an instructor
from 7BTS Delta, speaking from experience.
:D :devil:
A positive attitude is all you need.

haa....confirm!
Originally posted by mahler
Don't worry about all the inspection and stuff.
No matter how clean your cupboard/bunk/rifle is,
if the instructor wants to pick on you'all, there's
1001 ways to do it. I used to be an instructor
from 7BTS Delta, speaking from experience.
:D :devil:
A positive attitude is all you need.

hehe...i will try and be positive...hope to get into ocs 1 u know. and if i really get in, maybe this will be my career liao.

yes sgt! will carry right attitude! :D

sign-on???
another one.....
hehe...i will try and be positive...hope to get into ocs 1 u know. and if i really get in, maybe this will be my career liao.

yes sgt! will carry right attitude! :D

Don't worry about all the inspection and stuff.No matter how clean your cupboard/bunk/rifle is,if the instructor wants to pick on you'all, there's 1001 ways to do it.

Yeah man ... totally agree ... but nee soon days are much different ... it's a joke now.

or even in other schs now...the standard has dropped in some from what i had heard...
Originally posted by eug
Yeah man ... totally agree ... but nee soon days are much different ... it's a joke now.

Good luck, Recruit!

Me long time ago.....
O
R
D
lor!

Originally posted by eug
They give 5 pair of green socks and 2 pair of white socks. You only use greens during PTP or BMT. You can get another 2 pair if you want.

Thought that they use white socks when in PT kit in Sch 1 and green socks in Sch 2?

Originally posted by eug

You bet.
But back then, BMT was still heaven.
My company had 3 BOI in 2 batches,
2 committed suicide in 1 year. Thanks
to those cases, welfare is what they
have now. Good and bad.

Thought that they use white socks when in PT kit in Sch 1 and green socks in Sch 2?

I think you are right ... apologies ... please get additional white socks then ...

Originally posted by eug
Yes. Don't worry ... they will even send a chopper to pick you up if you are really in a life threatening ondition...

Forgot to add ... buy 1 orange cloth ... make it 2 ... orange cloth is multi purpose, cleaning ... kiwi ... brush provided.

As I said orange cloth is multi-purpose, after using kiwi, can you still use a black cloth to clean the windows or table? Just bring 1 rag ... more rags makes the job easier, else how to split the job of cleaning ...?

This is not for rubbish but for full pack ... camps ... marches ... your instuctor will explain.

I remember that a chopper was sent in to pick up a recruit who got himself stabbed during a bayonet fighting class when I was there to pick up a few newbies for my unit.

Orange cloth used for polishing boots one meh? I didn't even use liquid Kiwi polish during my time. (Btw, I was from the first new Tekong batch) Don't forget that you will need one to de-oil your "wife" after you drawn your "wife" from the arms-skote.

Rubbish bag? I used big Ziploc bags during my time. Squeeze your stuff inside, seal up halfway, then sit on it and squeeze the air out, then seal up fully. Ziploc bags are useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.