Glacier National Park, Montana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misery

Feb 15, 2005
www.aestheticlight.com
Just a few from a couple of days that I spent at GNP. This is one of the wildest and most pristine national parks I've been to in the States. Hope you like them and more found here if you are interested :)

manyglacier4web.jpg

rapids2web.jpg

logan2web.jpg

as always, comments and critiques welcome.

Nice pix!
Thanks for sharing...

#2 is awesome! Good pics ! :thumbsup:

Hello! Very nice pictures you have taken, I am impressed! Pic 1 and 2 are nice.... Pic 3 is nice too... Perhaps a Wide angle lens would make it even better!! ;)

Thanks for posting!

Compostion of pix 1&2 good.
Your pix is tad too over contrast esp pix 3 .
Did you sharpened them, seem oversharpen for the 3 pix.
Just my opinion.. thx for sharing.:)

CKW, kit_fisto, knoxknocks, choo: Glad you enjoyed the pics and thanks for stopping by!

Outlook: i actually cropped it down a little so i might have a version with more space on top. will go fiddle around and see if it improves. thanks for the critique =)

stevez: believe pic 3 was taken with the 12-24, though cant remember the exact focal length off the top of my head. glad you liked them =)

Hosea: hmm a little odd. the pictures are meant to be high contrast though pic 3 was supposed to be the least contrasty of the lot. looks like my monitor needs a serious recalibration heh =p will make a note about tat sharpening...i do have a tendency of over sharpening sometimes =) thanks for the comments!

YAY!!!! Finally some photos of America!!!

Are you from the US?

Parka: and my photos hardly do the place justice! gosh you're right, i wish we had scenery like that too. but Singapore has a beauty thats harder to unlock, as far as landscape photography goes. im still trying to figure that bit out myself =p

kelccm: glad you enjoyed the pics. and yes, first one had a GND on it =)

paxluv: i spent a good four years in the states and the last one at california (see you're there now, which part?) =) california's absolutely fabulous for landscape photography. do you have pics somewhere to share?

Goldenstars08: thanks for stopping by =)

just some opinions, i feel that the colors are a bit flat. could it have been underexposed? how did you do the metering and what EV did u set? considering that you already have a GND (how many stops?), the background detail could have been even darker if not for the GND.

for the 3rd, is it with polariser instead of GND?

actually i like the below in your web more than all the other 3 above.

manyglacier2web.jpg

zoossh said:
just some opinions, i feel that the colors are a bit flat. could it have been underexposed? how did you do the metering and what EV did u set? considering that you already have a GND (how many stops?), the background detail could have been even darker if not for the GND.

for the 3rd, is it with polariser instead of GND?

zoossh: no worries, i love critique =). as far as exposure goes, i think it suffices to say that i try to achieve what i see in my mind, which naturally does not necessarily adhere to "proper exposure" in the strictest technical sense. two stop GND was used. i agree with the image not having as much pop as it should. i might have pushed the shadow recovery a little too much in trying to reduce the contrast in the photo.

3rd had no polariser nor GND.

and of coz, thanks for stopping by my website. glad you found something you like (at least, like relatively more than the other 3 :D )

Misery said:
paxluv: i spent a good four years in the states and the last one at california (see you're there now, which part?) =) california's absolutely fabulous for landscape photography. do you have pics somewhere to share?

I live in San Diego... (Think Shamu) The only landscape photos I take are of Oregon. San Diego isn't the best place for landscape photography... unless you travel outside the city. Where in California were you? The coats of Northern California and Oregon are breath taking and unusual. You should travel there.

Status
Not open for further replies.