Give them a home, Stop Deforestation

Status
Not open for further replies.

garion12

Aug 3, 2006
Hi guys, was wondering whether this pic have the impact as the title, or is it jus a :thumbsd: shoot?
Need urs comments on the pic.
Thk

187.jpg

Well.. to me, the BG is too bright and actually hurts my eye to look at for too long...

If you show the monkey on a clearer cut portion of the branch and with a forested BG, it may show better... ;)

Hi guys, was wondering whether this pic have the impact as the title, or is it jus a :thumbsd: shoot?
Need urs comments on the pic.
Thk

187.jpg

1. title itself is quite cliche and uninspiring.
2. lack of tonal range
3. cannot see details of that animal (most likely a monkey) and cannot see his face (lack of emotive impact).
4. having it on the lone trunk and a nearby branches looks perfectly normal, and probably shot in a zoo. i'm afraid it does not show any deforestation and making the animals homeless. if such is a theme, unless you can have a scene that realistically project the issue, e.g. a lone tree trunk in a midst of barren grounds, if not there is no point in cropping in to project something that is not true.

the sky is too distracting...over exposed...

First I read your subject title, then when I first saw the picture, it doesn't really lead me to the subject. Why?
1. The white background and the darker than usual monkey created too much of a contrast.
2. If you wanted to include some part of the trees, its a good idea, but its too much to the edge of the pict, and its blurred. so its not automatic for my eyes to tell me to associate the monkey with the trees.

Theres no such thing as a :thumbsd: shoot...

hey guys, thk very much for the comment and advises.
the background is indeed very much overexposed, and first time trying spot meter to bring out the monkey features. anyway the sun was like behind the monkey.
guess the composition dint work out well.
hmm..will keep trying to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.