Girl gets scratches from Stray Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
centuryegg said:
caught and put down and now plans being considered to mass cull all cats in the area.

Share your thoughts.

3 cheers, hip hip hurray!!

aiyah.. cull all the cats/dogs/birds and what have you around.. as long as it isn't human, CULL IT! if you want to see it, there's always the zoo.. Sg Zoo is world renowned :D then they'll claimed "These cats were bred fully in captivity! A WORLD'S FIRST!" :D

ok... I admit I didnt read the whole 4 pages of this tread. Too long.

Just want to point out that there is indeeed an increase in number of strays cats and dogs in singapore. Years ago, an old building belonging to my company was unoccupied and oly used as a store room in one floor out of a 7 storey building. The security guards we hired was either too free or they are bored. They started feeding cats. from one or two, the numbers slowly increased. My boss finally ask me to do something that I cant bring myself to do. Kill all the cats. How? I told the security guards to stop feedings the cats or else I would have no choice but to get them culled. The feeding stops and the cats population slowly drop. in the end there are no more cats.

Recently someone is leaving packets of foods on my void deck feeding a black cat. soon there will be more. The unfinished food will be blown by the wind and make the place messy. I had not catch the person feeding and I will give him/her/it a piece of my mind. The phrase "Be kind to animals" does not mean Be kind to one cat and ignore the well being of the whole neighbour hood.

Moral of the story (true one)is that cats like all animals will make places where they can find food easily their home and multiply. If you dont want to be cruel to animals, best is dont feed them (strays). at least they will not multiply that fast and be a nuisance to humans. Those who are thinking of keeping pets, think twice or trice. If you cannot gives full commitment dont keep pets.

simple logic: no food = no strays

somehow i do tend to believe the girl may have disturbed the cat.. e.g screamed at it, throw things at it, pull its tail etc..

whatever we know is the newspaper report, which (correct me if i'm wrong) the mum said to the press ..she can sae anything she wants. the cat cant say anything to tell its side of the story.

sigh... knowing kids at tat age, i WANT to believe my speculation is rite. :(

niki said:
somehow i do tend to believe the girl may have disturbed the cat.. e.g screamed at it, throw things at it, pull its tail etc..

whatever we know is the newspaper report, which (correct me if i'm wrong) the mum said to the press ..she can sae anything she wants. the cat cant say anything to tell its side of the story.

sigh... knowing kids at tat age, i WANT to believe my speculation is rite. :(
It doesn't change anything if your speculation is right. Even if the cat did indeed scratched the girl unprovoked, that does not mean AVA can just start a culling exercise like that, based on a single isolated incident.

Its not the cats' fault, it will be very unfair to the furry cuties to get culled by SPCA / AVA. How the hell did the cat get up to the HDB flat in the first place? Because of those irresponsible cats-feeders who just leave their food outside their main door, thus leading cats up to the houses.

Some cats are too friendly or curious that they want to explore new places; in this case the little girl's house. BUT again, this runs back to the girl's grandma who STOMP and CHASE the cat away instead of showering love and care to the cat resulting it running away with fear.

Of course when living creatures are in fear, they attack any threats he, she or it may sense for self defence. Nothing wrong with the cats, the problem lies in irresponsible and unloving humans... If self defence is not an illegal offence going by law, the cat is innocent.

We are friendly if you get to know us. Even you can't get along with us, must you go to the point of culling?
meow4.jpg

come 2 think of tis, how come bees still get exterminated even if they sting no1?.. crows get culled jus b-cos they grow in numbers? :rolleyes:

but i fully agree tt all mozzies deserve death sentence jus 4 being ard! :bsmilie:

Latest update. After poll did by Town Council, it has been assessed that more than 50 percent of residents want cats to stay. Hence Culling of cats in Yishun St 71 has been placed on hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.