getting to redang

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentmonkey

Jul 10, 2004
www.flickr.com
hi guys, would like to check, has anyone arranged for their own trips to redang? as in not with a local dive shop.

just wondering how one goes about co-ordinating the timing and all that if i take a bus from singapore to the Kuala Terengganu Bus Terminal and where to find the bus to the merang jetty from there (i'm looking at this resort website that says they offer bus services from the bus terminal to the jetty..i'm just afraid that along the way to KT itself, the bus will break down or encounter some crazy jam and we reach the terminal late and the resort bus tua us) ...once at the jetty, can i just buy the tickets to redang from the office there or do i need to make some booking in advance?

please advice, thanks!

i'm thinking of taking the Transnasional Bus Company to KT...two ways it's 54 bucks..are there better deals around?

hi guys, would like to check, has anyone arranged for their own trips to redang? as in not with a local dive shop.

just wondering how one goes about co-ordinating the timing and all that if i take a bus from singapore to the Kuala Terengganu Bus Terminal and where to find the bus to the merang jetty from there (i'm looking at this resort website that says they offer bus services from the bus terminal to the jetty..i'm just afraid that along the way to KT itself, the bus will break down or encounter some crazy jam and we reach the terminal late and the resort bus tua us) ...once at the jetty, can i just buy the tickets to redang from the office there or do i need to make some booking in advance?

please advice, thanks!

If you are booking package straight from the resort, they do provide the sea transfer from jetty to resort (two ways, included in the package). You prolly need to pay the RM5 for the marine conversation fee at the jetty.

Assuming you depart sg to redang travelling thru the nite, you will reach KT in the morning, even if the bus transfer from KT to jetty is delayed, you will still have other ferry timings to reach redang. However, if you are departing from redang, you got to catch the 1st ferry out of redang, and hopefully no bus delay from jetty to bus terminal, because there is only 1 bus leaving for sg at 0930hr (iirc the timing), latest 1000hr, assuming you are taking Transnasional. I think you should worry more on this....

There are some local travel agent which provide bus from sg - merang - sg, do check them out.

Most tour buses (5 Stars) from Beach Rd actually can bring you to merang jetty ... but pls enquire before buying from them ...

thanks guys...what's the cheapest you guys have paid for a 2 way trip to and from merang jetty?

thanks guys...what's the cheapest you guys have paid for a 2 way trip to and from merang jetty?

what i got is $85 for a 26 seater and $135 for a 18 seater bus ...

I prefer the five star buses, very comfortables and custom clearance at tuas in a brisk. Very comfortable sits can slide out as a sleeping chair and you have video and games to play the whole night. Reached Merang at 8.30am and by 9.30 you will be at redang. Half hour speed boat transfer to redang. At 11.30 you will be doing the first dive.

Status
Not open for further replies.