getting the old photo effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

slardar

Jan 8, 2006
Bukit Batok!
Hi everyone,

anyone who has the free time, could you please ps the photo below so that it looks like it's taken in the olden days? and maybe briefly explain how you did the processing. perhaps grainy and yellowish kind of effect. i hope to learn about the ways to make photos look like they are taken ages ago. My apologies if this had been discussed before.

then i can title this photo as: The Early Immigrants

Thanks a lot!

original
IMAGE_00222.jpg

what i did (cannot make it)
IMAGE_00222e.jpg

old.jpg

fill the second layer with your desired colour change it to color mode, play with the selected colour till you get what you want.

play with the opacity for each layer

A little blur is good too. Before you add any grain/noise, that is.

If not you defeat the purpose of the grain/noise step, ha.

thanks for the advices..
hmm. i havent played around much with opacity or curves.

gonna try again. thanks!

btw this photo was taken at west coast in singapore. lol..

I think this is very nicely done. Just that the shadow is too ... perfect le. Add a little white in the shadow. If you use the highlight/shadow as part of the workflow, reduce the pixel slider.

I like the previous one too but would like to try my hands on it too. Don't think mine is as good or any better but trying out.. :D

1058240968_6f01862e87.jpg

Just sharing :D

I like the previous one too but would like to try my hands on it too. Don't think mine is as good or any better but trying out.. :D

1058240968_6f01862e87.jpg

Just sharing :D

now now...this is GOOD!

but do share how u do it...else TS and other won't be able to learn :)

Taking reference to sprintist's very good attempt, and pretty much alot of agaration, i came up with this... (with a psuedo uneven-vintage border heh)

IMAGE_00222_copy.jpg

now now...this is GOOD!

but do share how u do it...else TS and other won't be able to learn :)

hmm my steps was to basically first make it black and white via channel mixer.

followed by yellow cast from another layer of channel mixer

I created a slight multiply layer with masking to darken the bottom because too white/overexposed.

lastly, create another layer with film grain, the intensity and contrast agar agar to my liking bah.

yup thats about it, quite a simple processing, I thought the previous one was much better though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.