Not open for further replies.

therat

Nov 26, 2003
Bedok
Visit site
Hi, Just show a hand.
How many kenda this Survey.
Even tender also need to be interview.
How should I ask. Hi Mr. Tender , can I had your payslip and all other personal particular.

therat said:
Hi, Just show a hand.
How many kenda this Survey.
Even tender also need to be interview.
How should I ask. Hi Mr. Tender , can I had your payslip and all other personal particular.

Don't quite get what you are trying to say here.

Are you the surveyor or going to be part of the statistics?

zha said:
Don't quite get what you are trying to say here.

Are you the surveyor or going to be part of the statistics?

no lah...
i'm not the surveyor. I just the 10K selected household that need to do this statistics. Darm .. :rolleyes:
The government is doing a Household Survey.
I call their hotline. They say even ppl who rent your room also must do the survey.
And this telephone survey took 1 hrs. So I guess must be alot of personal question. Like what is ur pay, etc....

When I ask them, how to ask such personal question. They say, "Oh, we can do an interview direct to them." :sweat:

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

therat said:
no lah...
i'm not the surveyor. I just the 10K selected household that need to do this statistics. Darm .. :rolleyes:
I call their hotline. They say even ppl who rent your room also must do the survey.
And this telephone survey took 1 hrs. So I guess must be alot of personal question. Like what is ur pay, etc....

When I ask them, how to ask such personal question. They say, "Oh, we can do an interview direct to them." :sweat:

So.. this is a govt initiated survey that you can say no to eh?

therat said:
no lah...

I kenna before. The surveyor came to my home and mentioned that we are being selected for compulsory garment survey. I refused and was threated, with certain action be taken from the garment to me if I do not compel. No choice but to fill questionaires ranging from what you eat and price pay for it everyday to where you going to work, take what bus route etc etc...

A real invasion of privacy...... :angry:

zha said:
So.. this is a govt initiated survey that you can say no to eh?

cannot lah...
govt want u to do... can say no mah...
later .. mata came and 'visit' me.. scare scare...

Just feel alittle too much.
Even tender also kenda that.
None of their business, they just rent my rm to stay..
What if they didn't do their survey.
Am I going to answer for that.. :rolleyes:

therat said:
cannot lah...
govt want u to do... can say no mah...
later .. mata came and 'visit' me.. scare scare...

Just feel alittle too much.
Even tender also kenda that.
None of their business, they just rent my rm to stay..
What if they didn't do their survey.
Am I going to answer for that.. :rolleyes:
oh, now i get u already.
tender should be tenant.
kenda should be kena.

my colleague got a visit from garmen ppl too sometime ago.
according to him, it was from income tax ppl.

scud said:
oh, now i get u already.
tender should be tenant.
kenda should be kena.

:embrass: so many spelling mistake....
no wonder u caught no ball..

scud said:
oh, now i get u already.
tender should be tenant.
kenda should be kena.

hahaha!! you should work for MINDEF's "enigma" project!!

but i think that's exactly why the comprehensive surveys must be face-to-face!! :bsmilie:

from what i understand, the department of statistics (DOS) conducts the General Household Survey (1995, 2005) and Census (1990, 2000) every 5-years. just be thankful that it's not done every year!! any civil servants here can confirm? :dunno:

scud said:
oh, now i get u already.
tender should be tenant.
kenda should be kena.

wah, i also caught the ball after reading the last post. :bsmilie:

usually, if it's a garment survey, they'll send the "lucky" household a letter to let you know what to expect.

Hommie said:
I kenna before. The surveyor came to my home and mentioned that we are being selected for compulsory garment survey. I refused and was threated, with certain action be taken from the garment to me if I do not compel. No choice but to fill questionaires ranging from what you eat and price pay for it everyday to where you going to work, take what bus route etc etc...

did u get any letter from the relevent garment agency explaining it?

there should be one. to kinda reassure people that it's legitimately from the garment (as opposed to underhanded marketing strategies by other companies) and also to let you know it's mandatory or otherwise, and how to recognise them. which agency, what kinda id card they'll have, where to call for verification etc.

Hommie said:
I refused and was threated, with certain action be taken from the garment to me if I do not compel. No choice but to fill questionaires ranging from what you eat and price pay for it everyday to where you going to work, take what bus route etc etc...

I think you are not the only one who consider this exercise an 'invasion of privacy' but like what obviousdude said - that the survey as mandatory - then u totally and wholly have no choice :confused:

In NS days, we learnt how to smoke our way out, remember... :sweatsm: *hint hint* :devil:

obviousdude said:
did u get any letter from the relevent garment agency explaining it?

there should be one. to kinda reassure people that it's legitimately from the garment (as opposed to underhanded marketing strategies by other companies) and also to let you know it's mandatory or otherwise, and how to recognise them. which agency, what kinda id card they'll have, where to call for verification etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.