GE2015 official on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gerrymandering ..... now where have I come across that term? :)

But we have done v well as a class of 30 under our current govt.

Its not just not about controlling the class. To control is easy. To make this class achieved so much and get respect from the entire school is another level.

As a small country of local population of 3.5 million and farthest points at only 43km, with no oil, no timber, no agriculture, no water, no gas, no gold, no minerals, no nothing at all, our GDP US$60,000 is 7th in the world, even surpass US and UK GDP. US GDP is only at US$43,000.

We are a very small class, but our reserve is at US$300 billion. Which other country can match this? some may have more, but given their big size and natural resources, its expected of them to have more.

But a small class of 30 with such success, its extraordinary.

In the past, some foreign leaders mentioned that SG is like a small city or province in a big country, no big deal. Small dot on the map.

I say to them "Show me a small city or province with similiar level of success as SG, then come and talk abt putting SG down"

In the analogy of using a class of 30 and the entire school, this class of 30 has achieved the best O level results in every subject for most students, in the entire school.

I think you are arguing out of point to what I was driving at fundamentally which was toward another point. NOT ABOUT HOW we are doing well and blah blah blah narative. . :)

Last edited:
Every country has income inequality issues, the only thing is how far the distance between the poor and rich.

Even in Finland where it has the highest GDP has income inequality problems.

In SG, 70-80% are middle income. Bottom 10% and top 10% are the low income and the ultra rich. Most of us own homes (some may argued that HDB are not owned by us) and decent jobs.

We don't have serious issue abt income inequality. We don't have homeless dudes like in other countries. And no drug and gun issues as well. :)

To make a valid argument you have to compare apples to apples and not apples to orange to make a sensible balance valid point.

I think you are arguing out of point to what I was driving at fundamentally which was toward another point.

I like to mention the point that he has pointed out his point without pointing to your point pointedly as he tries to avoid the various points which he can point but fail to point but resort to point diversion from point to point thereby totally miss the point.

:)

I like to mention the point that he has pointed out his point without pointing to your point pointedly as he tries to avoid the various points which he can point but fail to point but resort to point diversion from point to point thereby totally miss the point.

Pointers to note. Good points for pointing that out.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/ge2015-5-best-5-worst-233843712.html

5 best and worst speakers at the rallies.

I live in Holland-Bukit Timah. Its fun to see 2 very extreme candidates on both lists running in my constituency. I thought the aggression towards CSJ was mindless and revolting. Certainly didn't looked like it will win votes from those sitting on the fence.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/ge2015-5-best-5-worst-233843712.html

5 best and worst speakers at the rallies.

I live in Holland-Bukit Timah. Its fun to see 2 very extreme candidates on both lists running in my constituency. I thought the aggression towards CSJ was mindless and revolting. Certainly didn't looked like it will win votes from those sitting on the fence.

Sim Ann, our Education minister???!!!! ...... please don't remind me ever again ................... :ipuke:

Today is cooling day, let's not argue over who is right or wrong temporarily. Every citizen has his/her right to vote who he/she deems fit. We must respect that.

I like seeing all these competitions and passion to serve which I unfortunately didn't have the opportunity to witness in my 60 years as citizen due to lack of oppositions. In fact, this is my first year A candidate, YES 1 of them, from the GRC visited my home.

To the winners, congratulations on Saturday. For losers, please continue to work hard, we need you. I know you are all trying to make Singapore a better place to live. However, winners, please remember you need to improve and change for the better, you may be a loser the next time around.

Good luck to all.

Politics is not about who is right or wrong.

It's about keeping heart pure and pockets light.

True my friend. So who is the pure side and keeping their pockets filled? So let's take a step back and accept all said at its face value first.

Politics is not about who is right or wrong.

It's about keeping heart pure and pockets light.

Politics is a dirty game. A politician will say anything to win voters. Worse than an used car salesman.

So is everybody off work tomorrow? Or you just get to take few hours off to go to voting station?

Officially it's a Public Holiday on voting day but some still need to work as the earth is still rotating , no matters what :)

So is everybody off work tomorrow? Or you just get to take few hours off to go to voting station?

Who is working on Friday?

"Friday is a blessing and a sacred day. The doors of Heaven are open on Friday while the doors of Hell are closed. Prayers and supplication are accepted on Friday. The day of Friday is a day of Peace when all animals, birds and insects say "Peace" on that day."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.