GE2015 official on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget to live your life normally in this trying time of a crucial election e.g. having a massage in Geylang, going to see pole dancing in Clark Quay and getting drunk, visiting Orchard Towers for fun and pleasure, going to JB to see floor shows etc. :)

:bsmilie:

.......live it up before 911 ........... :bsmilie:

OK, now back to business .............. :p

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/ge2015--w...myths--at-first-election-rally-173345186.html

Last edited:
21110214232_7fecb0505c_z.jpg

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal."
Emma Goldman

"But they still made it compulsory for us to vote...... What the heck!!!"
- - Zenten

Wow! Is voting compulsory in Singapore???

Wow! Is voting compulsory in Singapore???

Yes .............it seems like.they are making do something which is not quite legal .......... :bsmilie:

Yes .............it seems like.they are making do something which is not quite legal .......... :bsmilie:

That is astonishing to me for some reason. Bros you have a very unique country I must say.

What happens if one does not vote?

Last edited:
That is astonishing to me for some reason. Bros you have a very unique country I must say.

What happens if one does not vote?

What if I do not vote at an election?

At the end of the election, the Returning Officer will put your name, together with all others who did not vote at the election, in the list of non-voters and pass that to the Registration Officer. The Registration Officer will then remove your name from the certified register of electors of the constituency you belong to.

This means that you cannot vote at any subsequent presidential or parliamentary election, and you are disqualified from being a candidate at any subsequent presidential or parliamentary election. (http://www.eld.gov.sg/voters_compulsory.html)

Neat eh? Tactically speaking hehe

Imagine in the US.. it was what? 57.5 % turn out for the 2012 election ? That means the next US election only 42.5% are allowed to vote.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikonzen

At the end of the election, the Returning Officer will put your name, together with all others who did not vote at the election, in the list of non-voters and pass that to the Registration Officer. The Registration Officer will then remove your name from the certified register of electors of the constituency you belong to.

This means that you cannot vote at any subsequent presidential or parliamentary election, and you are disqualified from being a candidate at any subsequent presidential or parliamentary election. (http://www.eld.gov.sg/voters_compulsory.html)

Neat eh? Tactically speaking hehe

Imagine in the US.. it was what? 57.5 % turn out for the 2012 election ? That means the next US election only 42.5% are allowed to vote.

In other words .....no need to vote ........ why didn't I think of that???!!!

What sort of system is employed to allow people to cast their vote?

In my county we are handed a ballot and a pencil. Beside each candidate's name is a broken line we fill in the line for the person we want to vote for. The ballot is then handed to a pair of people who feed it into a scanner. It dings or whatever when it is recorded. No hanging chads in my county. My state is one of the 'reddest' if not the most red region in the country. Bunch of hillbillies here in Oklahoma...LOL I hate to sound so whatever the right word is but I think our elections are and have been rigged for quite some time. I also feel much of it is just lip service too, for the people at least. We haven't had a decent for the people candidate since JFK and everyone knows what became of him (and the rest of that family for that matter).

I appreciate the education gentlemen. :)

This means that you cannot vote at any subsequent presidential or parliamentary election, and you are disqualified from being a candidate at any subsequent presidential or parliamentary election.......

It's unthinkable that you do not want to aspire to be the President of Singapore one day and have your face printed on our notes instead of hiding behind a Panasonic camera. :bsmilie:

What sort of system is employed to allow people to cast their vote?

In my county we are handed a ballot and a pencil. Beside each candidate's name is a broken line we fill in the line for the person we want to vote for. The ballot is then handed to a pair of people who feed it into a scanner. It dings or whatever when it is recorded. No hanging chads in my county. My state is one of the 'reddest' if not the most red region in the country. Bunch of hillbillies here in Oklahoma...LOL I hate to sound so whatever the right word is but I think our elections are and have been rigged for quite some time. I also feel much of it is just lip service too, for the people at least. We haven't had a decent for the people candidate since JFK and everyone knows what became of him (and the rest of that family for that matter).

I appreciate the education gentlemen. :)

Here you go ......

https://youtu.be/wU6m4vC-y2s

It's unthinkable that you do not want to aspire to be the President of Singapore one day and have your face printed on our notes instead of hiding behind a Panasonic camera. :bsmilie:

President?? You insult me. I have no such low ambitions to be a politician. heh And it's not a Panasonic. Insulting my wifey. She happens to be a proud 50th Birthday present Nikon Big boy .... if it was to be another brand, it would be a Sony Mirrorless heh.

President?? You insult me. I have no such low ambitions to be a politician. heh And it's not a Panasonic. Insulting my wifey. She happens to be a proud 50th Birthday present Nikon Big boy .... if it was to be another brand, it would be a Sony Mirrorless heh.

OK OK if you don't want to be President how about at least consider to be Minister of Transport. There is a vacancy for it at the moment. :bsmilie:

OK OK if you don't want to be President how about at least consider to be Minister of Transport. There is a vacancy for it at the moment. :bsmilie:

"President?? You insult me. I have no such low ambitions to be a politician"

Hello brudder. which part of that statement you did not comprehend leh? heheh.... ALL POLITICIANS ARE DIRTY. I hate getting dirty. I am as clean as a snow flick toting my Nikon Big Boy...

Status
Not open for further replies.