Galen and Barbara Rowell

Status
Not open for further replies.
How sad.

Let's observe a megabyte of silence on the death of the renowned landscape photographer, known for his "Rainbow over Potala Palace"

AA0019_480.jpg

© Galen Rowell

Regards
CK

More info on this tragedy with audio commentary here. :(

PS: erwinx, I've also taken the liberty to edit the thread title slightly and move this over to Front Page News forum, hope you don't mind.

yup, the amended title to include Barbara is more accurate.

The first 2 photography books that I ever bought were 'Mountain Light' and 'Yosemite'. The first Galen Rowell article I read was in the first issue of outdoor photographer magazine that I bought (Dec 1987, way before I actually bought an SLR)

Originally posted by erwinx
yup, the amended title to include Barbara is more accurate.

The first 2 photography books that I ever bought were 'Mountain Light' and 'Yosemite'. The first Galen Rowell article I read was in the first issue of outdoor photographer magazine that I bought (Dec 1987, way before I actually bought an SLR)

Whoever attended his seminar/workshop when he was here few years back probably feel more grief..... :(

Regards
CK

:cry:

i have always enjoyed his excellent and insightful column, and photos in every issue of Outdoor Photographer. Now they are no more.................:(

He's known also for producing excellent pics (like the one above) using relatively low end camera bodies and lenses (lighter, so he can run, trek, climb, etc). The pic above was taken with a Nikkor Series-E Zoom 75-150mm f/3.5. One of the cheapo (but good) lenses at that time.

Regards
CK

just read an interview of him where he describes how he ran and took the pic "Rainbow over the Potala Palace" :(

Status
Not open for further replies.