G9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi... why's there no longer any enthusiasm shown on this thread? :D:D:D Looks like G10 or LX3 has taken everyone's attention these days.

Well... just some information in case anyone needs it, after a hunt for emolux (which surprisingly suggested by many shops) i found out that Jim McGill also distribute Lensmate adapter, got mine from them along with a Raynox macro lens and a Wide angle conversion lens and satisfied with the quality of the products.

Then the search continues, tried to get a TC-DC58C Teleconverter, almost got scammed by one of the shops in Funan which quoted SGD 280 (as the salesperson made a call to check the availability he lower it down to SGD 260) but fortunately Sam from John 3:16 is kind enough to help me getting one with a whole lot better price (SGD 175).

While looking for the teleconverter, i also found out that one of the shops at Peninsula Shopping Complex (between Peninsula Plaza and Funan) has several LA-DC58H Canon Adapter in stock (forgot to ask for the price quote), the shop is next to Ruby Photo (forgot to take note of the shop's name) with a white beard uncle as one of the salesperson.

Hope this may help anyone interested to keep using G9 :D

PS. I'm not affiliated with any of the shop/shop owners complemented above, just trying to acknowledge their ability to practise respectable business ethic.

Last edited:
thanks for sharing! think most of us are still pretty satisfied with our G9, me included. Still haven't fully grasp how to use it to its optimum and there isn't much that entices me to even think of upgrading to G10. And somehow G10 doesn't quite sound that nice.. am I the only one? ;p heheh.. I don't think I'll ever buy another compact that's this expensive, can already match up to the price of entry level dslrs..

Just want to share some recent shot taken using G9 :-
enjoy!!

2890405562_f573c3d2d8_b.jpg

2890409180_7aa5b5035a_b.jpg

2890407832_3bc7ea49ec_b.jpg

2890643658_c0ebb5f48c_b.jpg

2889808051_1a3c30ac6c_b.jpg

here's a few of my shots from tokyo :)

2891807671_5b94be1c29.jpg

2891809331_6039ac250c.jpg

2891810715_01780a0600.jpg

2892651600_d048951172.jpg

thanks for sharing! think most of us are still pretty satisfied with our G9, me included. Still haven't fully grasp how to use it to its optimum and there isn't much that entices me to even think of upgrading to G10. And somehow G10 doesn't quite sound that nice.. am I the only one? ;p heheh.. I don't think I'll ever buy another compact that's this expensive, can already match up to the price of entry level dslrs..

i think i'll hold on to my g9 til they bring back the F2.0 lens ;)

same here.. definitely happy with g9... dun worry, u're not the only one who thinks "G10 doesn't quite sound that nice..".. =) there's tonnes of g9 and g7 users who think g10 isnt any fantastic upgrade at all.. still 2.8f.. and a mere 28mm doesnt seem so attractive too.. cheers..

I still think the G9 is a great cam!
G10 isn't really much of an upgrade to consider upgrading from G9.
More megapixels and a new DiGiC IV chip but a shorter zoom?
IMO, one major bonus should be the wide 28mm lens.
I wonder if the release of G10 will bring the price of G9 down?
Currently, I think the best price is around S$680 (export set).

after I had the privilege to test it out and do a mini-review of it,
I was convinced that this is one of the best compact cam around.

No breakthrough in G10, or any other compact. I will wait till they put CMOS sensor in with a f2 wide angle lens, with decent zoom range. Canon better do that fast, because I'm sure Nikon & Sony is ready to throw that in anytime. Sure they don't want to caught off-guard like what D3/D700 did to Canon happening in the P&S segments....

Last edited:
what 3rd-party flash will work with g9? i cant afford the speedlite hehe

Just wana share some photos taken using G9 on my recent trip to Hong Kong in July
2718062879_dbaef2454b.jpg

2718046539_9bfeb5b4ef.jpg

nice ya. HK niteshot are so attractive.
im still struggling with my G9.
May i knw wat setting u use for the peak shot?

thanks.

I still think the G9 is a great cam!
G10 isn't really much of an upgrade to consider upgrading from G9.
More megapixels and a new DiGiC IV chip but a shorter zoom?
IMO, one major bonus should be the wide 28mm lens.
I wonder if the release of G10 will bring the price of G9 down?
Currently, I think the best price is around S$680 (export set).
where can u get it with this price?

nice ya. HK niteshot are so attractive.
im still struggling with my G9.
May i knw wat setting u use for the peak shot?

thanks.

Thanks. basically, I set to P mode (w/o flash), ISO I put to auto. I also set the timer to 2 secs. I also use a mini tripod which I think is the most important. Cheers.

Last edited:
Recently bought G9 from TCW, $685 with 1 extra battery.

Have just come back from Nite Safari and I am sad to report that the noise from the G9 is absolutely terrible. I shot at ISO 800 and most of the shots are un-usable:cry:.

2948988711_1b9bbd30d9_o.jpg

2948988719_fcc6a50489_o.jpg

Maybe I am doing something wrong? Can someone enlighten me with a few tips?

Does anyone know if the LX3 has the same type of noise control? Better? Or worse?

Thanks!

i guess if u r not using a tripot and gona do casual shots at night u shld use e 'nightshot' mode. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.