G10 or LX3???

Status
Not open for further replies.

nzw89

Nov 29, 2008
hi ppl! I'm stuck between these 2 models. They have strong features that I do not know which to get. Basically I'm attracted to G10 ergonomic design and the dials that make settings easier for me. As for LX3, it is 4mm wider and it's F2.0, so I'm really not sure which is better for value.

Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks!:)

To me, you need to know what you want actually. Spec wise, there is always no perfect for certain model.

Have you tried both? Just try to feel it yourself. Sometimes you might realise even the spec for a model is very good, you may not like the interface.

Probably you can try to find out do you like to take picture at far away (need longer zoom). If yes, probably you get the answer

My personal preference is the LX3:

1. More compact

2. Leitz optics

3. Slightly faster lens

Go for the G10 if you:
1. Need longer zoom range
2. Love analogue controls
3. Hate separate lens cap

Go for the LX3 if you:
1. Prefer smaller and lighter package
2. Faster lens
3. Like retro rangefinder looks

Of course, the above are non-technical nitty-gritties, because ultimately, both are respectable models who sit at the top of the compact heaps, and both delivers beyond its peers. In the end, it's just which one feels better in your own hands.

Personally, I went for the LX3. The f/2.0 just blew me away!:thumbsup:

Go for the G10 if you:
1. Need longer zoom range
2. Love analogue controls
3. Hate separate lens cap

Go for the LX3 if you:
1. Prefer smaller and lighter package
2. Faster lens
3. Like retro rangefinder looks

Of course, the above are non-technical nitty-gritties, because ultimately, both are respectable models who sit at the top of the compact heaps, and both delivers beyond its peers. In the end, it's just which one feels better in your own hands.

Personally, I went for the LX3. The f/2.0 just blew me away!:thumbsup:

x2.
Both are great cameras. Have recommended a few friends to get the LX3 based on their needs.
But I went for the G10 instead because I have 2x580 flashes and ST-E2. I also like the exposure compensation dial. When combined with the Liveview LCD & histogram, you can get spot on exposure everytime, which is great for jpg shooting

I have the same dilemma between LX3 and G10. Likely to get the G10 because of the bigger size, compact, longer range and a viewfinder. Maybe I already have the black LX1 and I don't like the len cap that dangle on the permanent protruding lens. I agree with everyone, choose one that fits your photography needs and also feel good when you hold it.

Have fun with whichever you decided upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.