FZ7 - White Balance Setting


Status
Not open for further replies.

tony_teo

New Member
Feb 10, 2005
276
0
0
Tanah Merah
#1
Any one knows how to set the White Balance for Sunset/Sunrise? or just use one of the pre-defined ones (e.g. cloudy)? I don't think the Auto setting is right, it seems to make the color cooler.

Alternatively, is there a way to turn off the white balance?

Regards
 

ExplorerZ

Senior Member
Jan 9, 2006
7,752
0
36
West Legion
hkchew03.deviantart.com
#2
tony_teo said:
Any one knows how to set the White Balance for Sunset/Sunrise? or just use one of the pre-defined ones (e.g. cloudy)? I don't think the Auto setting is right, it seems to make the color cooler.

Alternatively, is there a way to turn off the white balance?

Regards
turn off white balance? :bsmilie:
that would make ur pic black and white without any color :sweat:

for sunrise maybe you wan to try flurescent WB. since it give a warmer balance to overcome the coolness of flurenscent lighting, cloudy is another one which is recommanded from some website i have read
 

Jun 7, 2006
259
0
0
NTU
stanchai.multiply.com
#3
ExplorerZ said:
turn off white balance? :bsmilie:
that would make ur pic black and white without any color :sweat:

for sunrise maybe you wan to try flurescent WB. since it give a warmer balance to overcome the coolness of flurenscent lighting, cloudy is another one which is recommanded from some website i have read
What explorerz said is true, however i usually use the manual settings. Taking photos at sunrise is totally diff then sunset. I usually use fluorenscent with a fast shutter speed to get a orangy kind of shot :bsmilie: for sunset.. :D
 

tony_teo

New Member
Feb 10, 2005
276
0
0
Tanah Merah
#4
ExplorerZ said:
turn off white balance? :bsmilie:
that would make ur pic black and white without any color :sweat:
I might be wrong, but I thought the WB is to compansate for different light temperature, not for addition of color.

In the older days of film, I used to use colored filter to adjust the temperature. I though in the digital age, this compansation is done via the WB.
 

tony_teo

New Member
Feb 10, 2005
276
0
0
Tanah Merah
#5
Looks like the consensus is to use the fluorescent setting. So how to set this on the FZ7? I do not see a fluorescent setting.
 

ExplorerZ

Senior Member
Jan 9, 2006
7,752
0
36
West Legion
hkchew03.deviantart.com
#6
tony_teo said:
Looks like the consensus is to use the fluorescent setting. So how to set this on the FZ7? I do not see a fluorescent setting.
no flurescent den use cloudy or anything that normally make ur outdoor pic looks slightly yellowish or orangyish.

I might be wrong, but I thought the WB is to compansate for different light temperature, not for addition of color.

In the older days of film, I used to use colored filter to adjust the temperature. I though in the digital age, this compansation is done via the WB.
im not too sure either. but this is what i think. first for digital they need to define what is white thus you get whitebalancing. but without it how do you define white? green can be white as well, red can also be white... so any color can be white :sweat:

for firm the white balance is mainly defined by the type of film you use if im not wrong thus you add filter to tweak it.

i might be wrong but this is what i think
 

whoswho

New Member
Jan 27, 2006
312
0
0
#8
Daylight works for me, especially with Sunsets with a great range of colour rays ;)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom