FZ7 Launch???

Status
Not open for further replies.
jlpk007 said:
canon noise so bad:bigeyes: ...always thought canon has the best noise control
That's why I always ask people what they compare against. Alot of people dont know what they're talking about when they say panasonic noise is bad. :thumbsd:
It's like the frog at the bottom of the well, saying the sky is so small.

Kel3vin said:
Hi hi,

Anyone just bought a fz7 lately? me wants to buy one soon... Was quoted $684.60 fr MS color with a free case, no SD card, nothing else. Anyone know a better price and deal anywhere? Can post here or pm me?

Thanks!!!
Got one from CP last week. About the same price and accessroies (or lack of). Don't think you can find a better deal at this time. The camera is too new. If you need/want it, get it now. I don't expect the price to drop significantly any time soon.

FZ7 uses what type of battery? Those that have to keep charging one or the AA type?

ryes said:
FZ7 uses what type of battery? Those that have to keep charging one or the AA type?
FZ7 using proprietary battery CGR-S006, same type as FZ30.

HI armadillo

thanks for your reply. You yourself gotten the FZ7 as well?
Seems I'm not the only one who is in big dilemma between FZ7 and canon S3.

yeap, got it last week, so far quite happy with the result.
Never use S2 or S3 before, so can't really comment on that :)

Oh few things I like on FZ7 compare to S3 physically:
1. FZ7 smaller and lighter
2. FZ7 have AR 3:2, S3 only 4:3 or 16:9

another thing, FZ7 using proprietary battery but S3 using AA, I guess it's depend, for me proprietary seem lighter, and if you get 3rd party CGR-S006 only cost you $30 :think:

armadillo said:
Oh few things I like on FZ7 compare to S3 physically:
1. FZ7 smaller and lighter
2. FZ7 have AR 3:2, S3 only 4:3 or 16:9

another thing, FZ7 using proprietary battery but S3 using AA, I guess it's depend, for me proprietary seem lighter, and if you get 3rd party CGR-S006 only cost you $30 :think:

Just got my OEM battery from AP yesterday for $25. Size is exactly the same but ratings at the back is slightly different. Should I be worried about the voltage difference?

Original: Panasonic CGR-S006E 7.2V 710mAh (made in Japan)
OEM: CGA-S006E 7.4V 1500mAh (also made in Japan)

for 0.2 V different I guess no need to worry, wow you got good deal, I get from AP for $30 for the same model :cry:

wolf said:
Just got my OEM battery from AP yesterday for $25. Size is exactly the same but ratings at the back is slightly different. Should I be worried about the voltage difference?

Original: Panasonic CGR-S006E 7.2V 710mAh (made in Japan)
OEM: CGA-S006E 7.4V 1500mAh (also made in Japan)

not a prob, if im not wrong, ur cam sld able to take up to 8.4V or near

metallilan said:
if i can recall from a dpreview forum, you can actually use the FZ5 battery on the Fz7, with the help of some sponge of course ;)

edit: this thread http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1033&message=18006721

is it?? aiyah....I sold off my FZ5 with the spare battery cos I thought it was not compatible!
luckily the only time I use it is when I go for a holiday (which is very very rare!:bsmilie:)

Status
Not open for further replies.