FZ7 Launch???


Status
Not open for further replies.

tony_teo

New Member
Feb 10, 2005
276
0
0
Tanah Merah
#1
Any idea when the FZ7 will be launched in Singapore? I thought it would be during the IT Show, but was wrong.
 

kentay

New Member
Nov 13, 2005
108
0
0
#2
i expect it would be around end of march.

im quite disappointed about its noise level. clearly panasonic is doing this to squeeze as much $$ out of us eh.

;p
 

armadillo

New Member
Jan 30, 2006
1,381
2
0
Pinnacle@Duxton
#3
yeah, I also thought it will launch during IT show. When I check with one of the promotor during IT show, he told me around Jun then available :confused:
Just check now selling at eBay around U$350-U$399, some camera come from Hong Kong actually. But I affraid when available in Singapore probably may cost around S$800 - S$900 :dunno:
 

Hexlord

New Member
Dec 25, 2004
1,599
0
0
Bedok
hexlord.multiply.com
#4
kentay said:
i expect it would be around end of march.

im quite disappointed about its noise level. clearly panasonic is doing this to squeeze as much $$ out of us eh.

;p
Is noise level a real no-no? I don't remember ppl complaining about film grains in the past when they use faster ISO films.. correct me if I am wrong.
 

metallilan

Senior Member
Jan 6, 2006
2,866
0
0
Singapore
#5
Hexlord said:
Is noise level a real no-no? I don't remember ppl complaining about film grains in the past when they use faster ISO films.. correct me if I am wrong.
correct ;)
 

wolf

New Member
May 2, 2004
49
0
0
#6
am eagerly awaiting this and am disappointed it was not in the IT show. hopefully it will come out this month as I need a new camera now.
 

airconvent

Senior Member
Apr 12, 2005
4,777
0
36
#8
MS Color told me likely in Apr...
 

Bato

New Member
Nov 8, 2002
77
0
0
43
Visit site
#9
FZ7 is cool, I dont have any problem with noise so far.
 

jlpk007

New Member
Sep 24, 2002
673
0
0
Singapore.
Visit site
#10
u got fz7 liao???where u got it from???i saw the review photo iso400 noise already quite bad.....not to said the iso 800 & 1600
 

metallilan

Senior Member
Jan 6, 2006
2,866
0
0
Singapore
#11
the noise issue is always an issue with pana camera but the deal now is the noise in fz7 is higher than its predecessor the fz5, despite all the upgrades like manual focusing and etc, the image quality is still at the same level, if no better than the fz5 or the fz30.
 

JimDavis

Senior Member
Mar 15, 2004
2,730
0
0
53
Eunos
george.tan.singapore.fotopic.net
#12
I guess the problem with FZ7 will likely to be the same as FZ5, FZ20 and so on.

It is an issue of squeezing more mega-pixels into the limited CCD size. Unless technology breaks through, else, as long as high ISO is used, noise will appear.

That's one of the main reasons why I had stopped investing into new Digital Cam.
 

armadillo

New Member
Jan 30, 2006
1,381
2
0
Pinnacle@Duxton
#14
Today just check again with Alan Photo, now they said mid of Apr :dunno:
Seem delay longer and longer :(
 

jlpk007

New Member
Sep 24, 2002
673
0
0
Singapore.
Visit site
#15
armadillo said:
Today just check again with Alan Photo, now they said mid of Apr :dunno:
Seem delay longer and longer :(
me already gave in to my temptation cannot wait anymore..;p ......
 

armadillo

New Member
Jan 30, 2006
1,381
2
0
Pinnacle@Duxton
#16
me too :)
very tempting to order from eBay, saw some FZ7 on sell, but still hesitate about the warranty and soon, some seller from Hong Kong sell at US$445 + delivery fee add up around US$530 or in SGD around S$850+, still considering to buy or not to buy from eBay :sweat:
 

furyasca

New Member
Mar 25, 2006
9
0
0
#17
i think its cheaper from US stores... u go thru www.vpost.com.sg then surf amazon.com list at usd$399. other sites that u surf thru vpost also can be cheaper than that and some offer free shipping..
personally i'm tempted to get FZ7 or canon S3... any of u have any advice to help choose between these 2 cameras... or other cameras of other brands.. my first time switching to digital. i currently own a canon film slr thats ancient compared to the digital era... lol ;p
 

armadillo

New Member
Jan 30, 2006
1,381
2
0
Pinnacle@Duxton
#18
furyasca said:
i think its cheaper from US stores... u go thru www.vpost.com.sg then surf amazon.com list at usd$399. other sites that u surf thru vpost also can be cheaper than that and some offer free shipping..
personally i'm tempted to get FZ7 or canon S3... any of u have any advice to help choose between these 2 cameras... or other cameras of other brands.. my first time switching to digital. i currently own a canon film slr thats ancient compared to the digital era... lol ;p
Hi Furyasca, welcome to CS :)
Thanks for your info on www.vpost.com.sg :thumbsup:
Personally I prefer FZ7 than S3, for few reasons:
1. FZ7 have AR 3:2, S3 only 4:3
2. FZ7 smaller and lighter
3. more detail at http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/com...&cameras=panasonic_dmcfz7,canon_s3is&show=all
 

armadillo

New Member
Jan 30, 2006
1,381
2
0
Pinnacle@Duxton
#19
Just check from vpost international, FZ7 + delivery + insurance around S$713
hmmm cheaper, it takes around 2 weeks to arrive.
Now if the stock at Alan Photo arrive in 2 weeks also and the price around the same, then I shd get it from Alan Photo, safer :think:
To buy or not to buy :sweat: :sweat:
 

metallilan

Senior Member
Jan 6, 2006
2,866
0
0
Singapore
#20
For those who havent had an FZ series camera before then its worth to buy than one who has one..thats what i think ar.

For me personally, i'd be wasting my money, cuz i spent so much for FZ5.
2nd, my resale value for FZ5 kind of dropped cuz i have some scratches and dents at the base :cry:
3rd, image quality wise, it aint no better than an FZ5 in terms of the noise type, so i'll live with FZ5...look at tchuanye he's making great macro's with his FZ20 ;) [no pun intended]

Maybe the manual focusing is the tempting part but then again...no worries for me.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom