FZ20 or D70??

Status
Not open for further replies.
getting from the shops would of course be cheaper... but they wun haf the freebies offered at the it show... especially the tripod... lolx... :bsmilie: i seriously need 1 if i get the d70 :think:

If you're planning to go into heavier lenses in the future. A good tripod is essential. A carbon fiber tripod is light in weight, great for carry all around especially if you have heavy lenses with you. But this will blow holes most pockets. There are good and heavier tripods from Manfrotto (non-carbon fiber material but cheaper). It will be like carrying a rifle with you, if you don't mind the weight.
Not sure of the quality of the one offered free @the IT show. Chances are, it is of cheapo quality.

Actually it depends also. Some shops may offer the same package as in the IT Show but may be a bit cheap. Alternative is that if you buy all the items together, you may be able to ask for a better price than what's offer in IT Show. Do a bit of price comparison before purchasing.

Cheers
John

IcCcYBoi said:
if i get the D70 kit.. wat else would i need??? any recommended flash.. tripod... lenses that i need to get???

You will end up into a buyin freenze ... tripod and never ending purchase of lens , several times more than the body itself :cry:

I got my D70 few mths back... now deep deep into the dark side :devil:

Anyway enjoy the photography , not as a lens collector :D

IcCcYBoi said:
getting from the shops would of course be cheaper... but they wun haf the freebies offered at the it show... especially the tripod... lolx... :bsmilie: i seriously need 1 if i get the d70 :think:

whether or not you a tripod is essential is dependable on the person entirely... what kind of photograpghy are u into? macros? protraits? and etc?
I went out on lots of occasions where I dun even need for a tripod, cos if u are taking casual shots, by the time u managed to set up the tripod and etc, the moment would have already been gone.

think it ove carefully, what do you REALLY need? then start buying, cos you will not regret it then, dun buy just because got fair or got package deals etc :nono: buy only when u really WANT or even better NEED it... :sweatsm:

If your budget is low, suggest you try a prosumer first , especially if you are new to digital photography.Don't need to spend too much at first.Sometimes, its the eye behind the camera thats important.If you lack the eye, then no expensive system can save you.

I suggest you start with a prosumer first. Once you've mastered it and hit the "limit" than consider upgrading to a DSLR. You may be disappointed if assume that a DSLR will produce superior image quality. S$2500 will vanish in no time when you start buying lenses and accessories. Just my personal opinion.

i would go into night photography sometimes... but now still learning about portraiture shoots.... and im using an ixus 430 to learn... :sweatsm: guess i need to invest in a DSLR to learn more... i think my ixus is going to reach its limits already... thats y i decide to change a new cam... and i think its better to get a DSLR rather than a SLR... easier for mi to learn as can straight away evaluate the pic... and also save costs on developing the films.... am i right to say that??? :dunno:

IcCcYBoi said:
i would go into night photography sometimes... but now still learning about portraiture shoots.... and im using an ixus 430 to learn... :sweatsm: guess i need to invest in a DSLR to learn more... i think my ixus is going to reach its limits already... thats y i decide to change a new cam... and i think its better to get a DSLR rather than a SLR... easier for mi to learn as can straight away evaluate the pic... and also save costs on developing the films.... am i right to say that??? :dunno:

wow... u sure are jumping straight into a tough area of photography here..
better research more to find out b4 u spend the $$ into it... =)

and erm, its not accurate to evaluate the pic on the LCD of the dslr, cos the brightness and contrast etc is will fool you, eventually photos are meant to be printed out~ and the cost of developing 1 pc of film photo is cheaper than 1 pc of digital one... :devil:

of cos u can always choose the ones u want to develop for digital... unlike film where u have to develop e entire roll...

~Arcanic~ said:
u can always choose the ones u want to develop for digital... unlike film where u have to develop e entire roll...

erm... i think that is wat im trying to mean here... its cheaper and can choose to develop whichever photos u want... hee... :think:

go to the IT fair...
really.. go there, have a feel of the cams you have in mind, shoot some pics..
see if you still can RESIST them... :devil:

if you still can resist the temptation, then... erm... you are not ready yet to jump into dslr... =P

haha... just went there yesterday... and really keen on getting the d70... lolx... but if i can get a better price at the shops then y not?? haha... i mean... i can save up more to buy lenses etc. rite?? hee... :bsmilie:

The package seems very good, I doubt the shops will be able to beat it. Free 2 1GB CF is good man. If you have decided to buy do it at the fair, it offers enough for you to start.

I was trying out FZ20 at IT show... I have problems with its EVF...
The position of the EVF is awkward. The EVF is rather small. As the result, it POKE my eye~ when I look thru it.
The point is...It is better to go and try out the cams first before buying. FZ20 is a great cam with great features... but I think it didnt do well for the handling test.~ ... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.