Full review of 5d at Dpreview

Status
Not open for further replies.
not full review. Only hand-on preview.

Pre-view yes, but with samples too.
Check out the ISO3200 samples.

I was hoping to see more features on the 5D, like having an additional AF button on the back, similar to that of Pentax *istD. And also having a multi exposure mode would be a great features too..:(

You can re-program the * (AE lock) to be an AF button using CF-4.
This fature is in the 5D, and was already in the 20d etc. before that.
Or were you looking at having a fully dedicated/seperate AF button?

ThomasD said:
I was hoping to see more features on the 5D, like having an additional AF button on the back, similar to that of Pentax *istD. And also having a multi exposure mode would be a great features too..:(

mfopus said:
Pre-view yes, but with samples too.
Check out the ISO3200 samples.

my friend thought it is ISO800 :bsmilie:

I will say 5D's 3200 is cleaner than 1D MKII's 1600, that's the advantage of having full frame sensor for larger pixel pitch :D

btw, these sample were taken with a pre-production camera with beta firmware, so we can expect even better result in the final version :thumbsup:

Wonder is there Mirror lock-up in 5D for Macro photograhy?

mfopus said:
You can re-program the * (AE lock) to be an AF button using CF-4.
This fature is in the 5D, and was already in the 20d etc. before that.
Or were you looking at having a fully dedicated/seperate AF button?

Yes, I am talking about having a seperate button..sometimes the programmed AF button can be confusing on the 20D, esp when there is no labelling. By programming that button (can't recall which button is that) for AF, that means you have 1 less feature. I find having this seperate AF button indispensable..

ThomasD said:
Yes, I am talking about having a seperate button..sometimes the programmed AF button can be confusing on the 20D, esp when there is no labelling. By programming that button (can't recall which button is that) for AF, that means you have 1 less feature. I find having this seperate AF button indispensable..

now i use my thumb to press * for AF, half press the shutter with my index finger for AE

if there is one more buttons, I dont think I have enough fingers to handle liao :think:

for me, i gaffer the cam and cover all the labels, so i think once u are familiar with the cam, u dont really need to have a label there.

Wai said:
my friend thought it is ISO800 :bsmilie:

I will say 5D's 3200 is cleaner than 1D MKII's 1600, that's the advantage of having full frame sensor for larger pixel pitch :D

btw, these sample were taken with a pre-production camera with beta firmware, so we can expect even better result in the final version :thumbsup:

Wow amazing ISO 3200 samples! Definitely better than 1D2 at ISO 1600. 1D2 Iso 1600 needs a lot of raw-post-processing to look decent, but the 5D ISO 3200 samples are jpeg straight out of camera?

5D iso 3200 may be equal to 1D2 ISO 1000 or even 800! Coupled with 24 f/1.4, 35 f/1.4 and 85 f/1.2, 5D would be great for low light shooting.

mpenza said:
The 24-105F4L used to take the sample images is considered production quality!!!

wonder if he got use tripod....shutter speed 1/30s only

may be shooting handheld with 24-105 and IS on

Smbdy knows what will be the price in SG ?

For the moment I see 3200 us, at that price I don't know if I would not prefer a 1dmarkII...

Status
Not open for further replies.