Full Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

denniskee

Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
Just came back from prawn fishing at Pasir Ris with a friend when I notice the full moon.

http://images.denniskee.multiply.co....jpg?et=tIOgh3ljDhAhB1r5pPL0xg&nmid=313989864

300110---0430hr.jpg
Shot with my retired Canon EOS D60 + Teleplus 2x MC7 TC + Carl Zeiss Jena 300/4 MC.
Mounted on Manfrotto 055Pro with Manfrotto 488 RC0 Ball Head.

i think no matter how much we shot the moon.. it's still the same.. =]

Nice moon. No wonder we use the term honeymoon. Love it! Good job!

Nice moon. No wonder we use the term honeymoon. Love it! Good job!

actually i dont quite understand how did the word "honeymoon" comes about. honey & moon.

also dont understand why butterfly is call butterfly? butter & fly.

cant imagine what is the logic ancient people used to derive such of english words.

many chinese words comes from characters "drawn" to represent the things they wanted to describe. as time goes by, the characters evolved to the characters we write in the present days.

actually i dont quite understand how did the word "honeymoon" comes about. honey & moon.

cant imagine what is the logic ancient people used to derive such of english words.

many chinese words comes from characters "drawn" to represent the things they wanted to describe. as time goes by, the characters evolved to the characters we write in the present days.

Honeymoon - Moon means "a month", as in the Chinese lunar calendar where each month is marked by the new moon. Honey is sweet, so a honeymoon is a short period of probably a month where everything is sweet?

Butterfly - No idea, but was around since 1000 A.D.

If you're really curious, you could look in any decent dictionary and find the origins of words. otherwise known as etymology.

what about pussywillow?? :bigeyes::bigeyes:

nice shot!

a few hundred thousand years later, our descendents (provided not killed off by global warming yet) will see a smaller moon. the moon slowly but surely going further and further away.

Status
Not open for further replies.