Fujifilm X100T Lens Cap On or Off?

Is the filter prone to fingerprints?

aiyo why u need to worry about fingerprints? won't appear in your photos anyway

if worry just bring lens pen lor

aiyo why u need to worry about fingerprints? won't appear in your photos anyway

if worry just bring lens pen lor

I'm very scared of touching and getting anything on the lens / filter :D

Actually eleveninth and me does the same , the filter is there to protect the lens element , why should I hassle myself further by protecting the filter o_o

I just wipe the filter with my tee shirt lol

That's true also..

There are photographers who do not recommend using a filter placed in front of the lens as this might affect the pic quality.

There are photographers who do not recommend using a filter placed in front of the lens as this might affect the pic quality.

Let's not go back to that debate lol. Too much said with little results. Main thing is oneself , oneself should know what is right and if getting a filter , spend a bit more to get a top quality one.

lol later I take one with filter one without filter. You tell me which one the filter has affected the quality

I'm very scared of touching and getting anything on the lens / filter :D

[video=youtube;3wvcDBDEOhU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wvcDBDEOhU[/video]

Lu kia lu si! Very sim tia, I was slinging my X100T side by side with an old Olympus rangefinder... and the all-metal rangefinder actually managed to scrape some of the chrome painting off the X100T. Will never sling my cameras side by side again.

Lu kia lu si! Very sim tia, I was slinging my X100T side by side with an old Olympus rangefinder... and the all-metal rangefinder actually managed to scrape some of the chrome painting off the X100T. Will never sling my cameras side by side again.

Note that the X100T chrome paint can actually come off, it's not a coating like the XT-1.

Note that the X100T chrome paint can actually come off, it's not a coating like the XT-1.

if you knock it together of course will come out la.

lol my Xt-1 coating also can come off.

So happy! My JJC LH-JX100II lens hood and filter thread just came from eBay! Costs a fraction of the Fujifilm version, and to my surprise, even the lens cap fits!

So happy! My JJC LH-JX100II lens hood and filter thread just came from eBay! Costs a fraction of the Fujifilm version, and to my surprise, even the lens cap fits!

bro, how much you pay for that ? thanks

Thank you to everyone who suggested solutions in this thread! My B+W filters arrived too. Initially I thought I would ditch the lens hood that came with the JJC set, but after fitting the filter on, I decided it would be better to use the hood as the filter is not recessed. Works well so far and I have been able to ditch the cap!