Fujifilm X100S

hi guys !

Ive been using the X100s every since it came out - 80% of my travel photos are taken with it. I even use it for 2nd body for overseas weddings.
Previously also had x100 but wasnt too happy with AF. Anyways two questions.

1. My X100s had a short drop just this morning at the hotel (im in Korea travelling)- no visible damage - but its not working anymore.
Anyone tried Fuji's service charges? I hope it's not too expensive. (warrantly already over)

2. I just found out from a stranger here in Seoul that a teleconverter (50 equiv) is now available! Is it already on sale in SG?
How much? and which stores have it? I have the wide converter and I love it.
When I travel - i just use my 5Dmk3 for close up "beauty" portaits of locals. The rest are with the x100.
This probably means I dont need to bring my 5D anymore! (unless I have to shoot a wedding)

Here's a travel set that is 100% x100. I wanted a very relaxing day in Paris before a wedding assignment so I left my 5D at the hotel.
This was basically one afternoon of shooting in Paris.

https://www.facebook.com/josephdani...10152454306521531.1073741829.671721530&type=3

Looking back at these photos now makes me wanna cry that my x100s is currently spoilt. I still have 3 more days in Seoul and I have to settle for my 5D. Cannot take upclose candids anymore. :(

Hope your x100s will somehow be back in good action. Heard the repair charges are not cheap but guess there's no choice

Thanks for the advice! I just brought the X100s to the Service Center. Crossing my fingers that the charges are not that high.
The TCL is here already sitting on the table. can't wait to try it out!!

Hi !

It's sad to hear the X100s is not working now :(
I've one too and I love it.

1. For Fuji service centre , it might be great if u can email or call first with regards to whether will they be able to finish the repair job in time for your next flight out. They do have an express service where your camera gets priority in repair.

Contact: 63805540 , add a +65 in front for country code if u r calling from overseas.

I can't give any estimates as a drop is too .. Fuzzy for anyone to guess what needs repair.

2. The TCL-X100 is available :) you can find them in Funan Centre. The last shop I inquired was selling it at SGD374. IQ wise it's excellent giving u 50mm FL but i didn't get it in the end due to how bulky it is.

All the best :)

Just brought my x100s (the one bought from HK) to its first trip in Thailand and gotta say I did not regret getting it!
Photos are crisp and I happily lug it in my day pack everyday (No weight issues compared to DSLR).
Only thing I wish: wide lens for selfie HAHAHAH!

Here are some of the pictures taken:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bryanchangyx/sets/72157645409985092/

Just brought my x100s (the one bought from HK) to its first trip in Thailand and gotta say I did not regret getting it!
Photos are crisp and I happily lug it in my day pack everyday (No weight issues compared to DSLR).
Only thing I wish: wide lens for selfie HAHAHAH!

Here are some of the pictures taken:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bryanchangyx/sets/72157645409985092/

Liking the colors there! Did you shoot JPG all the way?

$1455 from Alan photo but the T ver I'd releasing this yr Sept

Really? Im so much wanna to buy e 100s. Pondering to get a 2nd hand or a BN set now...

Buy used cos it's confirmed x100t is coming out this year then ur x100s would depreciate unless u don't intend to sell off for at least 2 years then buy new

Buy used cos it's confirmed x100t is coming out this year then ur x100s would depreciate unless u don't intend to sell off for at least 2 years then buy new

Thanx 4 ur advices. I'll be keeping a lookout in e used market. Wish me luck...lol.

Hello bros who uses this cam, can i ask if the focus is quick enough to capture quick moving toddlers?

And how does the focus speed compare to OMD?

I am on OMD EM5 and i reckon i miss quite a lot of shots (out of focus).

thanks in advance!

Hello bros who uses this cam, can i ask if the focus is quick enough to capture quick moving toddlers? And how does the focus speed compare to OMD? I am on OMD EM5 and i reckon i miss quite a lot of shots (out of focus). thanks in advance!

I wouldn't recommend using the X100s for toddlers :) I've a newborn and a X100s. I can still capture most toddler moments with the X-E2 and don't miss anything with my EM1 but have missed a fair bit with the X100s on toddlers ; AF or MF.

Focusing speed in general is noticeable slower than the EM5. In short people get the X100s for it's better noise control, IQ, fuji colors , design and compactness but really not AF speed and accuracy in comparison to MFT.

Thanks for your comments!

Hi! Has anyone bought a spare np95 battery? How much did you pay for it?

I got it free when bought the X100s. You definitely need a spare battery.

Hi! Has anyone bought a spare np95 battery? How much did you pay for it?