D-Wade said:
me holding on my X100 oso

as long as I can get what I want, still
will be holding on it =)

just me.

I miss the fast focus on SLR, but am not complaining hehe

How about shallow DOF?
How much do u guys miss that?

Has looked at whatever I can find. Looking to get a small travel cam, just that its hard trying to convince myself I can accept so deep a DOF..lol

How about shallow DOF?
How much do u guys miss that?

Has looked at whatever I can find. Looking to get a small travel cam, just that its hard trying to convince myself I can accept so deep a DOF..lol

Shallow DOF is really hard to get with a X100. The F/2 and larger APS-C sensor is nice for DOF. But the focal length really is too wide to get any, unless you are doing really close shooting. Personally, if you are using the X100 as a travel camera, like I am, you will be shooting kinda wide most of the time, so missing the shallow DOF really isn't much of an issue. If you really want that focal length and a shallower depth of field, then the RX1 is the only way to go, apart from film :)

If you cant bring yourself to accept the X100s, then just get the X100 2nd hand. It is an amazing camera for its 2nd hand price. And the AF really isnt that much of an issue. Even if the X100s is coming out, I will be hanging onto my X100, as I think the slower AF actually is a good thing, as it prevents you from shooting like a DSLR.

>Personally, if you are using the X100 as a travel camera, like I am, you will be shooting kinda wide most of the time, so missing the shallow DOF really isn't much of an issue.

Thks! Gd reminder. I guess for holidays I'll want to actually see my background most times..lol

Can the Pro Focus mode be used for portraits to achieve shallower dof? Only seen still-life shots.

Last edited:
Received my x100 last week, tested. Here's a quick few preview,

4.jpg

More x100 images here:
500px / Tiong Jin / Swing with me

I'm really happy with this camera, can i say x100s is a must buy? ;)

Last edited:
>Personally, if you are using the X100 as a travel camera, like I am, you will be shooting kinda wide most of the time, so missing the shallow DOF really isn't much of an issue.

Thks! Gd reminder. I guess for holidays I'll want to actually see my background most times..lol

Can the Pro Focus mode be used for portraits to achieve shallower dof? Only seen still-life shots.

Pro focus?? I think that is only existent on the X10 tbh. But I believe it does >simulate< shallower bokeh, but I doubt it will make much of a difference when you are taking for example : full body shots, unless the software in the camera works that well (which I doubt haha)

Engenius & Fujifilm : IT Show 2013 Preview - Kick-starting 2013! - HardwareZone.com.sg

Fujifilm X100S
16.3MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS II Sensor
EXR Processor II
More information: HWZ Review

IT Show 2013 Offer

IT Show Price: $1799
IT Show Promotion: Free Extra Battery, X-Series Cleaning Kit, X-Series Travel Premium, Shopping Vouchers

i think they will give free X-Series Tissue Paper too :)

koole said:
i think they will give free X-Series Tissue Paper too :)

X-Trans tissues? Sounds like an antidote against a disease.

USD1299 = SGD1611, definitely won't pay them $1799 @ ITshow.

wonder what the x-series travel premium is...

should give away air ticket better

David Hobby Purchased the First Fujifilm X100S to Be Sold, and He Loves It

2. Autofocus was a relative weak link with the X100, but the X100s is remarkable.
Super quick, confidently grabbing focus in low light. Wonderful.

3. Manual focus is not only useable (which I did not consider it to be in the earlier model)
but downright fantastic. It sees in the dark. The focus peaking works wonderfully.
The changed pitch of the manual focus ring was much-welcomed and is, in my opinion, perfect. Bravo.

His conclusion: “This camera is pretty close to perfect for what it purports to be.”

Nothing is perfect! But do remember to check these two important improvement @ ITSHOW :D

Last edited:
David Hobby Purchased the First Fujifilm X100S to Be Sold, and He Loves It

2. Autofocus was a relative weak link with the X100, but the X100s is remarkable.
Super quick, confidently grabbing focus in low light. Wonderful.

3. Manual focus is not only useable (which I did not consider it to be in the earlier model)
but downright fantastic. It sees in the dark. The focus peaking works wonderfully.
The changed pitch of the manual focus ring was much-welcomed and is, in my opinion, perfect. Bravo.

His conclusion: &#8220;This camera is pretty close to perfect for what it purports to be.&#8221;

Nothing is perfect! But do remember to check these two important improvement @ ITSHOW :D

sounds promising!!!