Fujifilm X100S

zzyzx said:
my copy, usb cover is tight, in fact tighter than x100 ( i do hold the x100 LE). As for the focus switch, the feel is definately better than x100. for x100, i tend to slip and skip the middle stop. not a problem for x100s

Always better to test before you hand over the cash. Well, someone has to buy the early display models.

vengels said:
No need to go FF to take pictures..

This X trans has proven to be a more than capable shooter
The X-Trans filter is a nice marketing gag but there is a reason nobody else went that route before. Good if it works for you.

Always better to test before you hand over the cash. Well, someone has to buy the early display models.

logically the display sets should not be sold at the first batch. also even if you buy it few months later, it could probably be a repaired and refurbished set.

my set is excellent copy even the power switch everything is tight with precision. the sensor is also 100% dust / spot free. view finder is zero dust.

you can rest assured with the first batch x100s since is a version 2 of x100.

so far played with it and camera is fast and stable software. iq is top notch. its a winner

zzyzx said:
logically the display sets should not be sold at the first batch. also even if you buy it few months later, it could probably be a repaired and refurbished set.

my set is excellent copy even the power switch everything is tight with precision. the sensor is also 100% dust / spot free. view finder is zero dust.

you can rest assured with the first batch x100s since is a version 2 of x100.

so far played with it and camera is fast and stable software. iq is top notch. its a winner

The shop staff likes to play with new toys so I try to avoid the first days.

How much you guys bought the X100S? I'm in Tokyo right now and comparing prices. Asked quotes via e-mail but haven't got a reply. :p

avsquare said:
How much you guys bought the X100S? I'm in Tokyo right now and comparing prices. Asked quotes via e-mail but haven't got a reply. :p

Email is slow, there are faster ways.

calling from Japan doesn't come cheap though :bsmilie:

If SG street price is $1799.. then maybe it's cheaper over here but not a lot too.

That's the IT show price with freebies. So probably the street price will be lower.

avsquare said:
calling from Japan doesn't come cheap though :bsmilie:

If SG street price is $1799.. then maybe it's cheaper over here but not a lot too.

There is a cheaper alternative that's faster than emails.

guessed so, waiting for the respective shops to revert.

ITshow price is $1699 (although listed at 1799) which includes the following:-

extra battery
leather case
travel premium (lugguage tag and passport holder)
1 bottle mineral water. LOL//

an extra batt cost around 60+? so effectively the camera cost ard $1630.

fuji camera in japan is around same price as SG. the place which you can see some difference is still HK.

Hi,

Can I just check with u guys who bought the x100s...

Does the pkg include lens filter and scrn protector ? If no, can buy them from the iTshow?

Thanks in advance.

ITshow price is $1699 (although listed at 1799) which includes the following:-

extra battery
leather case
travel premium (lugguage tag and passport holder)
1 bottle mineral water. LOL//

an extra batt cost around 60+? so effectively the camera cost ard $1630.

fuji camera in japan is around same price as SG. the place which you can see some difference is still HK.

I see.. then JP's price is the same as SG then. :bsmilie:

Does the X100 wide angle converter work on the X100S?

I see.. then JP's price is the same as SG then. :bsmilie:

i been to tokyo and look at yodobashi and bic camera's price for cameras. its ard the same as in SG. i like to shop there only because they sell certains things which not commonly found in SG as off the shelf item.

if you want cheaper price, HK is still the place to go.

Does the X100 wide angle converter work on the X100S?

yes. i am using it now with no problem. IQ is top notch.

Hi,

Can I just check with u guys who bought the x100s...

Does the pkg include lens filter and scrn protector ? If no, can buy them from the iTshow?

Thanks in advance.

you need to buy the adaptor before you can install the lens filter.

and no. package doesnt include filter and SP. filter can buy from mass sales section in the forum. SP maybe can squeeze msc to throw in. haha.. for me i just migrate my martin fields from my x100 to x100s.

We wait for next generation x pro