Fujifilm S5000 and S9500

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristy

Mar 19, 2006
hi everyone, am new to this club. glad to see so many fujifilm user.
i haf been using fujifilm camera for bout 4 yrs. starting wif S304, followed by S5000 for 3 yrs and now S9500.
i do not noe bout others, but i do encountered a problem with s304 n s5000. after using for perhaps 1 yrs or so, its seems like whenever i changed batteries, the settings will changed back to default setting. its kinda irritating. can i assume that my camera is faulty?
anyway S5000 is a very gd camera. recently S9500 caught my attention, and i just bought it during the IT show this mar, like wat many other user here has mention, the auto focus realli is bad. S5000 is much much much better. :angry:
luckily i haven sell away my S5000 yet but the battery issue is driving me crazy.. and giving up on S9500 makes me sad too...
do other users of them face similiar prob? or all fujifilm camera after a yrs will encounter such prob?

kristy said:
or all fujifilm camera after a yrs will encounter such prob?

wah please dont scare me. this is my first Fuji camera - was previously using Canon, Nikon, Sony and KonicaMilnolta... hope yours is just a faulty unit :p

have u ever asked Fuji about this? sounds like an internal battery problem.

oh, not scaring u, cos i still think fujifilm is gd n carry on wif the purchase of S9500..
but for me, the past 2 unit haf this prob.. thats y i'm asking n checking wif other users see whether they haf the same prob or its just i'm unlucky.. lol..
as long as i remove batt n change, when i on it, i haf to reset date, time, n all the options setting all over again.. however the rest of the function works just fine.

i nv try calling fuji up to ask them bout it, as i dunno exactly wats the prob, i dunno how to describe to them...

send in they change the len still having soft focusing problem, regret i sell my s5000,s5000 take very much better image that s9500 what kind of camera is it 9mp some more. going to send it again and see what they say...

yes, luckily i nv sell my S5000 yet.. i do agree that the focusing is quite a headache.. it take too long to focus on some objects.. kinda disappointed in it.. S5000 focus is much much better.. sighz..
but i guess nobody has encountered the same prob as me? since nobody say the same thing..

Maybe you just hve bad luck getting a faulty unit, just go to the service ctn to fix it when its still under warranty, ask to see if its possible to change to a new unit.

Actually 9500 is a good cam, should not have this type of problems. Feels Sad for you.

Good luck.

anybody can recommend a gd flash at a reasonable price for S9500?
i have nv used an external flash b4, so i dun realli noe, so hope the seniors here can guide me and direct me to a place or website where i can find it? wat bout cable release? hope to get some info on that as well..;p

kristy said:
i haf been using fujifilm camera for bout 4 yrs. starting wif S304, followed by S5000 for 3 yrs and now S9500.
i do not noe bout others, but i do encountered a problem with s304 n s5000. after using for perhaps 1 yrs or so, its seems like whenever i changed batteries, the settings will changed back to default setting. its kinda irritating. can i assume that my camera is faulty?
anyway S5000 is a very gd camera. recently S9500 caught my attention, and i just bought it during the IT show this mar, like wat many other user here has mention, the auto focus realli is bad. S5000 is much much much better. :angry:
luckily i haven sell away my S5000 yet but the battery issue is driving me crazy.. and giving up on S9500 makes me sad too...
do other users of them face similiar prob? or all fujifilm camera after a yrs will encounter such prob?

My first digicam many yrs ago was a fujifilm. But I drop this brand long time ago as don't find it comparable with many other brand. Your investment in 9500 maybe a mistake. You could have use the same amt & buy a Nikon D50 DSLR from fellow clubsnapers. 900+ can buy one d50 which is about a few mths old still got bal warranty. I highly recommend u to move to DSLR if u really like photography and already using compact prosumer like S5000 or S9500.

hmm the thot of converting to dslr comes to my mind b4. but i still stick to these few model cos it can allow me to take vid clips. dslr cant take vid clips from wat i understd..

hey kristy. when does the auto-focusing problem occur for ur S9500? does it takes a long time to focus, or it cannot focus on the subject at all? issit due to low lighting conditions?

from what i know, some batches of S9500 has this focusing problem, maybe u can bring it to fuji and have it checked. also, could u pls post some pictures taken using the S9500? im would like to see the picture quality of the camera as im interested in S9500 too

eesteck said:
My first digicam many yrs ago was a fujifilm. But I drop this brand long time ago as don't find it comparable with many other brand. Your investment in 9500 maybe a mistake. You could have use the same amt & buy a Nikon D50 DSLR from fellow clubsnapers. 900+ can buy one d50 which is about a few mths old still got bal warranty. I highly recommend u to move to DSLR if u really like photography and already using compact prosumer like S5000 or S9500.

900+ cant buy u the camera plus the lens man :( or else i would consider D50 too hahaha

$900+ is just the body...later u need lenses of various focal length, then u would want a 2.8 lenses, then flash,..lightsphere...in the end...u realise all u need was a simple S9500..

Camera dont make pictures, the photographer does. What can be done with a DSLR can be done with your S9500.

haven bought the S9500 yet :p saving money hahaha
but im not sure if i should get Fuji, there seems to be some QC issues with some S9500 batches :(

kristy said:

I'm a S5500 user... I do encountered the same problem of all the setting changing back to default whenever I change battery too... My S5500 is also one year plus old already... One bad thing about this camera is that under low lighting conditions, the focusing is either too slow or completely cannot focus even with the AF illuminator... That's what I dun like about...

michhy said:
wah please dont scare me. this is my first Fuji camera - was previously using Canon, Nikon, Sony and KonicaMilnolta... hope yours is just a faulty unit :p

have u ever asked Fuji about this? sounds like an internal battery problem.

I guess all S5000 or S5x00 series have this problem. The internal battery ran out and users cannot replace the battery themselves.

It may also apply to F401 series as one of my friend have the same battery problem. One possible measure can be you have to replace your batteries very quickly after you take out the previous ones then there is no need to change settings again.

Is it meant to be? Or is it a problem? It could be just that Fuji couldn't be botherd to add memory for the settings and time

hmmm....was thiking of getting the s9500...but guess after all the feedback...guess not..

rafiano said:
hmmm....was thiking of getting the s9500...but guess after all the feedback...guess not..

hey there, the focusing is just slow n not that easy to auto focus due to low lighting, not cannot focus at all.. S5000 is much faster at nite for auto focusing. sry i dunno how to upload pic to this site so i cant show u pics that i took wif it. on the whole its still a very gd cam. i nv regret buying, jut that a little disappointed.
i went to the motorfest in NTU the last weekend, n took many wonderful pics. so i hope the discussions n review on it wun deter u in buying S9500 if u r realli interested in it. :) anyway its very cheap now, can get it $800+ at some places.

Status
Not open for further replies.