Fujifilm S5000 and S9500

Status
Not open for further replies.
baineteo said:
Hey kristy. I'm also using the S5000, and everytime I take the batteries out, all settings go back to default. However, it has been like this for as long as i remember. I think it's a design flaw in the camera.

it might not be a design fault, cos the same situation happen for my older model S304.. but the issue not very big la.. haf u try calling fujifilm n ask them bout it? i didnt cos i dun think it affect much.. just a bit troublesome for me.. in short.. i'm lazy.. ;p

Will all S9500 users pls post in here? maybe can share wat r some of the techniques to take better sharper pictures with our S9500? or even equipments to enhance it? i wanted to get a external flash unit and maybe some filters but i dunno wat is useful. maybe some seniors here can guide? izzit possible to attach other lens to our S9500 to take those macro shots as gd as those taken by DSLR?
i see tchuanye's equipment featuring his canon A610, he can attach lens to make his PnS to a gd camera to take those nature macro shots.. hope to haf more guidance on how to make our camera perform better..
hope u guys understd wat i'm trying to say.. hahaz.. cant realli express myself well..;p

pg12 said:
Will all S9500 users pls post in here? maybe can share wat r some of the techniques to take better sharper pictures with our S9500? or even equipments to enhance it? i wanted to get a external flash unit and maybe some filters but i dunno wat is useful. maybe some seniors here can guide? izzit possible to attach other lens to our S9500 to take those macro shots as gd as those taken by DSLR?
i see tchuanye's equipment featuring his canon A610, he can attach lens to make his PnS to a gd camera to take those nature macro shots.. hope to haf more guidance on how to make our camera perform better..
hope u guys understd wat i'm trying to say.. hahaz.. cant realli express myself well..;p

u can use either a close up filter or u fix a adapter ring to use a reverse 50mm lens and shoot in manual mode. u can get those close up shots. :)

S5000 with Hoya close up +4
DSCF2921_copy.jpg

S5000 with Hoya close up +4 with fill flash
DSCF3087_copy.jpg

hmm i was thinking of getting a close up filter also. how is hoya brand, and how much does it cost? i was trying to find nikon CU filters but doesnt seem to have 58mm...

btw, its there any difference in putting two +2 closeup (or four +1) and one +4 closeup filter?

Get the Raynox dcr250, $99 at consumer corner. Being a spring loaded snap on fitting, it is flexible in terms of lens diameter.:thumbsup:

Just saw this thread and I thought I should give my 2 cents worth... I was once a S9500 user. Bought it during the IT show last Sept. Took it to Korea for a 11 days trip. It perform well. At least beyond my expectation. There was no auto-focus problems, neither does it perform badly under low-light situation. The pictures turned out nice and I have no complain about it.:)

diCam said:
Just saw this thread and I thought I should give my 2 cents worth... I was once a S9500 user. Bought it during the IT show last Sept. Took it to Korea for a 11 days trip. It perform well. At least beyond my expectation. There was no auto-focus problems, neither does it perform badly under low-light situation. The pictures turned out nice and I have no complain about it.:)

Hi dicam, maybe u can post some of yr korea pics here http://forum.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=192244

A pic speaks a thousand words :)

I've just discovered a red pixel on my S9500. Can be seen on both EVF and LCD when the lens cap is on. Is this defect claimable under the warrenty?:dunno:

This camera is less than 9months old got this already...:nono:

red pixel?? hmmm im sorry i have no idea what is that.. :(
but i think whether is claimable under warrenty, u should bring it to fuji to let them have a look if its affecting ur pics...

sorry to hear about ur camera being sick :(

Regard to the Focusing Matter.

I am a S9500 user and never use a s5000 before cuz it looks cheap and simple.

S9500 has one of the strongest LED Focusing GREEN Led in the market compare to other brands.

My s9500 can focus at quiet a long distance even in total darkness and its as fast as DSLRs.

Verdict S9500 has extremely fast Focusing speed.

Perhaps u carelessly using Manual Focus that why u can focus.

U didnt switch on the Focusing LED at dim lights.

If that not the case, Yr SET IS 100% Faulty.

About picture quality, no compact or prosumers can overtake DSLRs in current market.

Fuji cameras has nice colours but worse pictures quality & most "noise" of amost all brands *compare to nikon, canon...etc

Fuji s9500 is so far the best "FUJI" that i have used.

just saw reviews on S5000 picture quality. Its worses. S9500 is Def much BETTER.

Interms of build, technology, specification, batt life.... S9500 wins. :)

i strongly suggest u bring down to fuji for servicing.

I have use a few Fuji cameras and many disappoints me. Fuji has the worse batterylife problems. Luckily S9500 is using AA Batts. Battery life is quiet good even with 1800mah.

By the way, the Grip of S9500 is superb! Its so good at handling even compare to a few dslr i have used.

Fuji cameras has nice colours but worse pictures quality & most "noise" of amost all brands *compare to nikon, canon...etc

are u sure ???

I have use a few Fuji cameras and many disappoints me. Fuji has the worse batterylife problems.

are u sure, again ???

as far as fuji is concerned, personally i find that it is one of the brands with least noise as compared to casio and panasonic at the top of the most noise.

Wonder why suddenly reply to a thread which is around 1 year old. ?

Fujifilm cam is known for color and quality, however, may not have some fanciful (not so practical) functions found in other brands. Also, check the ISO settings.

As for the date/time reseting issue posted by some members, go read the manual carefully. Try having the batt inside the camera for 6 hours, this will sort of "charge" the internal batt for the date and time. If still cannot, means the int batt is completely discharged for a very long time, and need to be replaced in the service centre.

Replying to posn75 ---> YES, I AM QUIET SURE! *AFTER USING OVER 40+ DIGITAL CAMREAS.... OLD FUJICAMERAS PRODUCE VERY LOUSY PICTURE QUALITY * IF YOU ENLARGE IT... S9500 SO FAR CONSIDER MUCH BETTER THAN OLD BATCHES.

As for casio cameras, and some cybeyshot slim types T-1 ...etc. They picture quality is also very lousy. But high quality vids function.

The Best compare cameras that produce the very "least noise" are Nikon!, Canon (G-series) and Exceptional RARE Casio E-p600 *The Best Exceptional with extremely low noise at ISO50!

Perhaps you could tell what type of Fuji cam are u using???

Perhaps u havent use many camera & always sticking on Fuji. I can tell u one thing the besides S9000 Series, there are not Fuji cameras that took better low noise, highquality pictures than those cameras i have mention.

Some old fuji cameras has very good video functions thou... *640x480 30FPS...

well...wat u should do is check out the different brands of cameras and explore. U can tell the difference. It's not about sticking to Fuji, it's about seeing many, and sharing of experience.

Regard to the Focusing Matter.

I am a S9500 user and never use a s5000 before cuz it looks cheap and simple.

ooo.

i feel alittle insulted now!

cheap and simple. doh! :bheart:

lol.

do you have any idea how old is the s5000?
do you have any idea how much it costs us in the past?

do you have any idea how its a great camera?

there are many users who are still hanging on to their s5ks.

I suppose looking cheap and simple, may only apply to you when its in your hands.

SpaceParadise,

I have a S5000, and frankly, I still love it a lot. Noise? Only if you are a pixel-peeper.

Think carefully what each camera is meant for, and the context and the year it was launched/manufactured.

I'm afraid you have not given much thought to the skill of photography beyond mere equipment comparisons. The S5000 is a nifty little prosumer that has decent dynamic range with brilliant colors if used correctly. :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.