Fuji X-E1 and new compact coming! Thread II

Since the kit zoom lens is not available for separate purchase at the moment, a lot of sellers are selling their current X-E1 body so that they can get the new set bundled with the kit zoom lens.

The bundled price with the kit lens is quite good in price at $1,789. If considering the price of the kit lens is $600, the body can be sold at less than $1,189 for a brand new unused set.

Good time for new buyers to bargain for a good buy... either brand new set with the nice kit zoom, or a brand new unused 2nd hand with some savings.

Perhaps we could just list out who wish to get the brand new body and who wish to get the kit zoom, and buy together?

Quite a few people selling their very recent XE-1 bodies in the classifieds at prices lower than older OMD bodies. Wondering why...

Since the kit zoom lens is not available for separate purchase at the moment, a lot of sellers are selling their current X-E1 body so that they can get the new set bundled with the kit zoom lens.

The bundled price with the kit lens is quite good in price at $1,789. If considering the price of the kit lens is $600, the body can be sold at less than $1,189 for a brand new unused set.

Good time for new buyers to bargain for a good buy... either brand new set with the nice kit zoom, or a brand new unused 2nd hand with some savings.

Perhaps we could just list out who wish to get the brand new body and who wish to get the kit zoom, and buy together?

I am guilty of that..

Anyone wants the body? I just want the zoom lens!

Just got mine as well, any idea what's the switch on the lens for? Not the stability switch but the other one

Just got mine as well, any idea what's the switch on the lens for? Not the stability switch but the other one

The other switch is the apperture priority mode (A is for AUTO), the symbol is for apperture priority.
[That's what I understand from the reviews. Other bros with the camera can verify/elaborate]

I suspected this too, but this opportunity to 'arbitrage' would not last very long. Only those who already own the XPro1 with a lens or two would want to buy this body alone. Anyone can do the maths. New buyers would need to buy with a kit lens to get the best deal.

Last edited:
t4tortoise said:
The other switch is the apperture priority mode (A is for AUTO), the symbol is for apperture priority.
[That's what I understand from the reviews. Other bros with the camera can verify/elaborate]

Yeah. That's right. Just that there aint any aperture markings on this lens, u have to look at the vf/lcd for the value

Yeah. That's right. Just that there aint any aperture markings on this lens, u have to look at the vf/lcd for the value

Just to add, why they nv list the aperture markings on the lens is becos this lens has variable apertures...

Just to add, why they nv list the aperture markings on the lens is becos this lens has variable apertures...

Thanks...didnt realise that...haha

Any bros using the 8mm Samyang FE? Thinking of getting it cos Fisheye just seems too fun hahaha.

5now5torm said:
Any bros using the 8mm Samyang FE? Thinking of getting it cos Fisheye just seems too fun hahaha.

Dunno will result in lost of any IQ though?

There will still buyers who are keen to get the body with a prime lens to match, such as with the 35mm. However, they now can bargain lower since there are buyers hoping to just get the zoom lens and thus willing to let go cheaper unused.

Like you said, simple math. If the zoom lens is going to be retailed at $700 or more, the brand new unused body will be bargained to $1000. That will be a good buy then.

For those waiting for the kit lens, just be patient as it will be sold separately very very soon. Don't have to go through the hassles of buy and sell. if you already owned a 35mm, it cannot be beaten in IQ by the zoom lens.

Who knows the stocks will come next week? Good gift to buy for Christmas!

The happiest people for this buy/sell/swop kang tao are not the sellers of current sets, but the shops and Fuji themselves... they probably expected this to happen thereby selling more X-E1 and become the ultimate winner before they finally launch the kit zoom lens when all the standard package with kit lens are all snatched up by these existing buyers.

So please buy more of the current package so that the separate kit lens will be available. Haha...

I suspected this too, but this opportunity to 'arbitrage' would not last very long. Only those who already own the XPro1 with a lens or two would want to buy this body alone. Anyone can do the maths. New buyers would need to buy with a kit lens to get the best deal.

Last edited:
There will still buyers who are keen to get the body with a prime lens to match, such as with the 35mm. However, they now can bargain lower since there are buyers hoping to just get the zoom lens and thus willing to let go cheaper unused.

Like you said, simple math. If the zoom lens is going to be retailed at $700 or more, the brand new unused body will be bargained to $1000. That will be a good buy then.

For those waiting for the kit lens, just be patient as it will be sold separately very very soon. Don't have to go through the hassles of buy and sell. if you already owned a 35mm, it cannot be beaten in IQ by the zoom lens.

Who knows the stocks will come next week? Good gift to buy for Christmas!

PM-ed MS C yesterday, they replied that zoom lens will be sold separately sometime next week. Anyway, its always a waiting game. Prices always come down, but by how much is anyone's guess

Yeap... Agree.

I may get one after the actual launch and test it before buying to ensure that it is really good. May just be getting as spare, as it will not get better in IQ than the 35mm, which is my dream lens since it is really very close to my 35lux FLE on my M9P. The 18-55mm is just more versatile for travelling sometimes, but I am spoilt by wide angles such as the 35mm F1.4. If the launch is the 23mm F1.4, I will be camping there... haha...

Coming from Canon DSLR with prime 24L, 35L and 24-70L, nothing beats the prime and for me, prime lens stays on my camera most of the time, and I guess it will be similar for me for my X-E1.

PM-ed MS C yesterday, they replied that zoom lens will be sold separately sometime next week. Anyway, its always a waiting game. Prices always come down, but by how much is anyone's guess

Yeap... Agree.

I may get one after the actual launch and test it before buying to ensure that it is really good. May just be getting as spare, as it will not get better in IQ than the 35mm, which is my dream lens since it is really very close to my 35lux FLE on my M9P. The 18-55mm is just more versatile for travelling sometimes, but I am spoilt by wide angles such as the 35mm F1.4. If the launch is the 23mm F1.4, I will be camping there... haha...

Coming from Canon DSLR with prime 24L, 35L and 24-70L, nothing beats the prime and for me, prime lens stays on my camera most of the time, and I guess it will be similar for me for my X-E1.

So the 18-55 is a good to haf than a need to haf... LOL

A shop is selling the zoom lens alone at $1099. Street prize would be lower but I think around $900-$1099. Currently Singapore SRP for Fuji 35mm f1.4 is $899 and street price selling around $830, SRP and street price pretty much close. US price for Zoom lens is $699 USD which is around $850 SGD but Singapore price would surely be more expensive . So I think it would be a lot cheaper to buy the X-E1 with the kit at $18++ or even cheaper from some shops. The problem is disposing either the new X-E1 body or your current X-E1 body. Some people started doing this by selling there X-E1. And I'm also thinking of doing the same but hesitant since the market will be flooded by X-E1 body that the price for the body will surely go down.

Depends on users. Need to have for those looking for more general use such as travelling.

Good to have for me as 35mm is my perfect range (equates to around 50mm in 35mm format). So used to my 50lux in terms of distance and thus the 35mm on my X-E1 is just nice. It is also quite perfect in size for the 35mm (although it can be even smaller like the X100 will be even better). I seldom use the zoom functions in most of my cameras (even my RX100 or LX7), and normally walk closer if need to shoot nearer. Wide angles will be more useful than zoom for me.

Will see how when the actual kit zoom lens is available and will do some test shots before deciding. Guessing that I will only maximise the 18mm of the zoom range, and might as well get the 18mm F2 instead.

So the 18-55 is a good to haf than a need to haf... LOL

Street price for the 18mm is $750 and around $790 for the 35mm. Quite a lot cheaper than the SRP of $899 for the 18mm and 35mm lens.

I am guessing the street price of the kit zoom will be slightly cheaper than the superb 35mm prime (that is of course after the current craze to get it). Let's see!

A shop is selling the zoom lens alone at $1099. Street prize would be lower but I think around $900-$1099. Currently Singapore SRP for Fuji 35mm f1.4 is $899 and street price selling around $830, SRP and street price pretty much close. US price for Zoom lens is $699 USD which is around $850 SGD but Singapore price would surely be more expensive . So I think it would be a lot cheaper to buy the X-E1 with the kit at $18++ or even cheaper from some shops. The problem is disposing either the new X-E1 body or your current X-E1 body. Some people started doing this by selling there X-E1. And I'm also thinking of doing the same but hesitant since the market will be flooded by X-E1 body that the price for the body will surely go down.