Fuel economy car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about racing others and winning any "battles". It's about enjoyment. Hard to explain if you're not passionate about driving. But less, the wallet does suffer.. :(

yanyewkay said:
kangoo is diesel drinker.. you're better with citreon berlingo or fiat doblo.

Diesel prices are catching up with petrol prices already.. it's reaching $1.2~/litre.

non-turbo van usually drink more fuel

kangoo, berlingo, partner should be around 15km/L or less

fiat doblo and opel combo got super/turbo charger, fuel consumption can go as low as 18km/L, mine close to 19km/L liao, some pple can even hit 20km/L :bigeyes: dont forget diesel is still around 50% cheaper than petrol, so that's another 50% gain in cost/km

1.9L supercharger engine, very shiok when u can feel the boost at low rpm :lovegrin:

Wai said:
non-turbo van usually drink more fuel

kangoo, berlingo, partner should be around 15km/L or less

fiat doblo and opel combo can go as high as 18km/L, mine close to 19km/L liao, some pple can even hit 20km/L :bigeyes: dont forget diesel is still around 50% cheaper than petrol, so that's another 50% gain in cost/km

1.9L supercharger engine, very shiok when u can feel the boost at low rpm :lovegrin:

do u need to register a co. in order to buy one of these mini-vans?

pls dun flame me, i'm jus a newbie. :embrass: looking to get one of these in the near future.:embrass:

yyk...yeah i heard tt its a diesel drinker... but the auto version is petrol based ya....any idea on the consumptions of that?

stereobox...yes if i am not wrong...goods vehicles need to be registered under companies..

Cheesecake said:
do u need to register a co. in order to buy one of these mini-vans?

yup, i use my home address to register a photography biz.

if u can live with 70km/h limit and dun intend to drive to malaysia, then go for it

more and more pple are getting these van, as u can see from the COE price

CAT C for van cost $2K more than CAT A (<1.6L car) :eek:

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en.html#

Wai said:

The turbo diesel cars have a lot of torque low down the rev... :think:

But the problem with turbo diesel is that altho u get the torque earlier, you don't have anymore pull later on. Good for hauling goods, etc but bad for "having fun". You try to accelerate at speed and you won't get anyway quick, even if you downshift. Clarkson was trying to "race" with a turbo diesel Jag last week on top-gear. Seemed quite frustrating. LOL

Any comments on Jazz, swift and any other cars around that size?

Wai said:
yup, i use my home address to register a photography biz.

if u can live with 70km/h limit and dun intend to drive to malaysia, then go for it

more and more pple are getting these van, as u can see from the COE price

CAT C for van cost $2K more than CAT A (<1.6L car) :eek:

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en.html#
:embrass: wa.. thanks. i might jus go for it!!
thanks for sharing wor...

:heart: GLENDA HAN I LOVE U!!!

code said:
Any comments on Jazz, swift and any other cars around that size?

Jazz :thumbsup: :lovegrin: huge boot space, 15-16km/L

heard about jazz fuel efficiency. I think swift loses in that aspect. Any one who has a swift can comment? PLus i heard there are various model of swift that vary widely in terms of fuel efficiency.

I must say i prefer swift's exterior to jazz. more the mini cooper kind

code said:
heard about jazz fuel efficiency. I think swift loses in that aspect. Any one who has a swift can comment? PLus i heard there are various model of swift that vary widely in terms of fuel efficiency.

I must say i prefer swift's exterior to jazz. more the mini cooper kind

The swift is :thumbsup: Awaiting delivery :sweat:

klose, which model of swift did you buy? and mind sharing the price?

code said:
klose, which model of swift did you buy? and mind sharing the price?

1.5A :) 55k :)

is there a separate model called vvt? how is it different from your model?

code said:
is there a separate model called vvt? how is it different from your model?

A means auto. All at VVT :)

How's the build quality on the swift? My dad's old Suzuki Grand Vitara was like built by fuzzy creatures from the jungle... Everything would break down/off. Like the handle to the boot can actually break off.. geez.. twice (after replacing the first one of course)!!

Status
Not open for further replies.