frustrated with 2nd hand buyers

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm.. interesting reads.

guess I am quite a lucky guy - never had bad experiences till today ( http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=623034 , for your viewing pleasure :p )

I still had conversations with fellow sellers when dealing - they told me a long string of their sad stories, and i taught them a few skills on how to avoid some fussy buyers eventually. lol.

Been in this forum for so many years and never met a member whose words cannot be trusted. Today I have experienced it - a totally unreliable person - nick "Havocidal" name Clarence.

First he indicated that he will buy the Rx 1200 which I put on B&S , set the meeting time - then fly aeroplane
Then later, he indicated he was interested in the Rx600 kit and then tested it, agreed to buy, fixed a date for collection. Then again fly aeroplane

I have been very patience and twice he just make an appointment and failed to turn up.

Certainly not one to be trusted in his words at all.

Certainly in my blacklist and I am posting this to warning others about his antics.

Here is a list of PMs and SMS on what happened -

Received PM from this character

18 Nov 09

From Havocidal -
"Extremely interested in your lights are they still available?
-clarence'

18 Nov 09
From me : "Yes they are available"

18 Nov 09
From Havocial - "Would like to purchase both (with the reflectors). Would be good if I can drop by at your studio or something. However I am only free during the coming weekend. Do let me know

BTW, just to clarify, the 2 reflectors are the wide angle and the 60 degree standard reflectors right? Or is the other one the grid reflector
Clarence
97438231 "

18 Nov 09
From me:
"The 2 reflectors are what is shown in the pictures ie. a standard reflector 60 deg 18cm and a Umbrella Wide Reflector 90d eg 16cm you can see the specs here. I will also throw in a sync cord for you. http://www.elinchrom.com/products.php?p_id=26#content

Let me know the date/time you want to view so that I can be at my studio this weekend. My studio is at 2 Kallang Pudding Road, #04-14 Mactech Industrial Bldg S349307. You can contact me at xxxxxxxxxxx ."

19 Nov 09
From Havocial - "Yep actually that's all I need since it will be too cumbersome for me to bring lightstands down. Will contact you again. Thanks!"

After these PMs the SMSes follows:

21 Nov 09
From me
"Hi Clarence this is PE from CS. Are you still interested in the elinchrom 1200. cos I will be going to my studio tomorrow afternoon to prep for a shoot on monday. Let me know if you want to view it"

22 Nov 09
From Havocial - "Heya Sorry Abt the late reply. Is it ok if I were to view later this week since im currently in the mist of exam"

22 Nov 09
From me
"Ok but may be selling away the style 1200 as someone is interested too will update u"

22 Nov 09
From Havocial - "Ok can I take just the style rx1200 for 950? Thx"

22 Nov 09
From me
"Ok will incl the reflector "

22 Nov 09
From Havocial - "which reflector will it be?"

22 Nov 09
From me
"90deg "

22 Nov 09
From Havocial - "ok thax I'll see you tmr"

22 Nov 09
From me
"ok "

22 Nov 09
From Havocial - "What time will it be good"

22 Nov 09
From me
"Abt 1 to 2 pm, sorry 1 to 3pm "

22 Nov 09
From Havocial - "So which is more convenient? for u 1 to 3?"

22 Nov 09 at 12.30pm
From me
"I will be late in the studio at 2pm instead of 1pm "

22 Nov 09 at 1:19pm
From Havocial - "Ok sorry for the last min notice. But I got some urgent matters to settle if the other buyer is interested then he can have it. Apologies once again.? Don't get the wrong ideas. Having a very busy week. But if it is still unsold by end of the week then I'll take it. Thanks"

22 Nov 09 at 12.30pm
From me
"ok "

After the end of the week no SMS Havocidal just kept mum about everything.

27 Nov 09 at 6:34am
From Havocial - "Hi I was the who inquired abt your rx1200. Was wondering if you're willing to sell the rx600 kit for 2000 if it is still available "

27 Nov 09 at 10.18pm
From me
"ok let me know when you want to view "

27 Nov 09 at 1:16pm
From Havocial - "when is your studio free next week "

27 Nov 09 at 1.18pm
From me
"when you want to come over "

28 Nov 09 at 10:08sm
From Havocial - "Can I view the rx600 tmr?"

28 Nov 09 at 10.08am
From me
"what time "

28 Nov 09 at 10:08am
From Havocial - "What time is convenient for u? If it isnt the weekdays will do fine"

28 Nov 09 at 10.08am
From me
"3-4pm "

29 Nov 09 at 10:27am
From Havocial - "Can I drop by during the weekdays"

28 Nov 09 at 10.08am
From me
"Let me know when you have a firm time and date"

2 Dec 09 at 7:56pm
From Havocial - "The rx still available? Able to view on friday?"

2 Dec 09 at 7.57pm
From me
"Can you confirm the time let me know when you are firm "

3 Dec 09 at 10:44am
From Havocial - "Confirm this weekend. Anytime is fine for me. "

3 Dec 09 at 7.57pm
From me
"Sunday 11am to 2pm please confirm "

3 Dec 09 at 10:44am
From Havocial - "Alrite. Cya then "

4 Dec 09 at 8:59am
From Havocial - "Just to let u know im waiting for a cheque to clear first. So can I view on sunday, confirm the sale, drop by to pay and collect another day? "

4 Dec 09 at 6:11pm
From Havocial - "sry did u get my prev msg "

5 Dec 09 at 10:49pm
From Havocial - "so can I confirm time 11 to 2 "

5 Dec 09 at 10:49pm
From me
"yes"

6 Dec 09 at 11:20am
From me
"I will be at studio at 1pm onwards "
"out for lunch now" (was in studio from 11am but Havocidal did not turn up

6 Dec 09 at 11:51am
From Havocial - "ok no prob "

6 Dec 09 at 1:10pm
From Havocial - "I will prob reach abt 2plus or is it too late? "

At 3+ near 4pm Havocidal came and tested the lights, firing in succession, the soft box etc. Seen the carry case and the new light stands (gave the new light stand from my newly purchase Profoto kit set and also throw in an elinchrom varistar soft box umbrella). The soft box though new and not used had a spoke missing and I told him I will get a replacement spoke for Cathay. He agreed to collect the set the following week.

9 Dec 09 at 12:29pm
From me
"When u want to collect lights got the spoke already"

9 Dec 09 at 1:46pm
From Havocial - "Either tmr or fri. Will confirm with you again "

11 Dec 09 at 2:12pm
From me
"Are u collecting the lights"

11 Dec 09 at 7:31pm
From Havocial - "Most Prob next week. I have a film shoot these next few weeks"

" I mean nxt few days"

16 Dec 09 at 2:07pm
From Havocial - "Hey I can drop by this sunday to collect"

11 Dec 09 at 2:12pm
From me
"Ok let me know the time "

17 Dec 09 at 12:16pm
From Havocial - "I can collect on sunday anytime 1pm to 4pm"

17 Dec 09 at 12:16pm
From me
"Ok how about 2, I will be at studio"

17 Dec 09 at 12:17pm
From Havocial - "Ok 2 then. BTW I was wondering if I can haggle it to 1900 cos I might still be a little short. "

17 Dec 09 at 12:18pm
From me
"Ok but I cannot give the varistar umbrella softbox "

17 Dec 09 at 12:18pm
From Havocial - "Ok no prob with that. "

17 Dec 09 at 12:19pm
From me
"Ok c u then "

20 Dec 09 at 2:12pm
From me
"are u coming? I am in studio waiting? "

20 Dec 09 at 2:12pm
From Havocial - "So sorry Don't think I can make it "

20 Dec 09 at 2:13pm
From me
"At least have the cortesy to inform me rather than make me wait here. This is not the first time you have done it "

No reply etc

The best part is that he even told his friends that he bought the rx600 from me, cos I got this email from his friend

"hi ,
this is xxxxxxxx, a photography student from ntu. my friend, clarence, headed down to your studio the other day to purchase 2nd-hand 600rx from you. i'm also interested, can you let me know what types of equipment you're selling? i'm mainly on the lookout for lights and modifiers. thanks!

cheers
xxxxxx "

As I said - this post is to warn other about such unreliable member

Last edited:
I never have bad experiences.

Why?

Those that don't meet my price, I just don't respond to the sms.
Exchanging sms is a waste of time.

Been in this forum for so many years and never met a member whose words cannot be trusted. Today I have experienced it - a totally unreliable person - nick "Havocidal" name Clarence.

Wah so good.. means all of them can be trusted??:confused: for me about 50% to 60% of both seller and buyer cannot be trusted..

Status
Not open for further replies.