From the world's most livable city (that we are trying to compete with)

I have been to HK a number of times and my last visit was last year, if my memory is right. My impression of HK, include Kowloon, is less organized than us. However, they have plenty of rural spaces that we can hardly find here.

If we look at HK, they are like Singapore together with JB or more. I don't think we can ever compete with them. Their only problem is, they refuse to live away from the city while we are living in the city. Haha

It's ok, they have 大帽山 and 鳳凰山. We have 武吉知马山 and 武吉巴督山.

Cramped Apartments in Hong Kong Shot From Directly Above

It did not have to be like this. When HK was under UK, the British colonial power did not care 2 hoots about the HK people's welfare.
Greedy developers got their way and built inhumane ultra small flats for the HK poor.
After some time, the HK people got conditioned psychologically to accept this.

That is why recently when local developers tried to ape HK and built mickey mouse condos, the Singapore government quickly moved in and smacked the developers. Rightfully so.

Last edited:
I love visiting HK but if you ask me sorry wont want to stay there :)

Remember what happened to Raffles City atrium? It got carved up and crammed with stalls and shop spaces.
Every little square inch is stingily utilised in a miserable scrounging for rentable floor area.
There are no open spaces. Everything is cramped.

S....P.....A.....C.....E..... is the ultimate luxury in an over-crowded city like SG and it is going to get much worse with 6.9.

See the open circulation area and wide open walkways in Jusco shopping mall in JB. You never see this in SG shopping malls.

DSC07790-emptyspaceinmall-smallphoto.jpg

DSC07774-wideopenwalkways-small.jpg

Last edited:
Singapore retail market is dead. Walk into any of the 'shopping centre', more than 50% is F&B and the rest the same chain with the same display you can find just next door. Beside lunch an dinning hours, no reason to go there. Of course, the Ah Pek and Ah Soh get air con enjoyment hahaha

Any available space, they put kiosks or add another unit, you will never find an area to rest or wait. So, you just have to walk and walk. If you are not buying, please leave that is their message.

Of course, sooner, you will be 'body rubbing' if you wish to enter one of these shopping centre.