From My Hanoi Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLSK

A picture of the morning sun and terraced rice fields at TaVan Village a few km out of Sapa town.
#1.
Sapa-IMG_2506-.jpg

Nice!! :)

horizon? i believe it could be the hill slope you are looking at.

It doesn’t matter if it is hilly slop or sea or whatever… in landscape photography, the horizontal line must be straight … this is the 1st and most important thumb of rule… without which… the picture won’t work.

It doesn’t matter if it is hilly slop or sea or whatever… in landscape photography, the horizon line must be straight … this is the 1st and most important thumb of rule… without which… the picture won’t work.

can you then point out to us exactly which line is the horizon?

i believe the only gauge in this photograph would be the vertical pole and the rice stalks, since there is no converging verticals in this photograph.

i believe the only gauge in this photograph would be the vertical pole and the rice stalks, since there is no converging verticals in this photograph.

would love too if i could but i cant find a way to draw on the picture ler...:bsmilie:

Nice shot, Like the details of the rice terraces and the misty effect, would have been perfect if the sun was slightly warmer. Then again nature's not ours to control. :thumbsup:

would love too if i could but i cant find a way to draw on the picture ler...:bsmilie:

you can describe it. the starting and ending point. what's above and below the visible edge. etc.

It doesn’t matter if it is hilly slop or sea or whatever… in landscape photography, the horizontal line must be straight … this is the 1st and most important thumb of rule… without which… the picture won’t work.

how would you choose to straighten the horizon in this case?

Nice shot, Like the details of the rice terraces and the misty effect, would have been perfect if the sun was slightly warmer. Then again nature's not ours to control. :thumbsup:

i find the haze in the distance and the saturated appearance in the foreground does not match well. perhaps also if it is a little brighter would have better impact.

thanks for the good tip!

This is another good tip from a seasoned travel-photog .... vertical poles generally indicate str horizon!

you can describe it. the starting and ending point. what's above and below the visible edge. etc.

ok will do... but not now... got to get back to work alreadi... before the long weekend.

you are sharp!
I had used a GND so that the sky is not overblown, and, later in pp, added a bit of green in variations to bring out the vegetation - on hindsight, maybe a bit too much green......

i find the haze in the distance and the saturated appearance in the foreground does not match well. perhaps also if it is a little brighter would have better impact.

you are sharp!
I had used a GND so that the sky is not overblown, and, later in pp, added a bit of green in variations to bring out the vegetation - on hindsight, maybe a bit too much green......

and forgot to mention. the tree on the right is too dark. you might want to dodge, lighten shadow or increase bright levels there.

Hmong girl, "please buy".
sapa-IMG_2265.jpg

very nice composition. but skin hue for the main girl is a little greyish and halo (not too bad though) around the body of the girl is noted.

pardon me for being naggy or picky. but the girl in the mid background looks very dark, so is the baby - they look very burnt and tarred (which can be uncomfortable to look at for a travel photograph, but can be creative if isolated). the trees in the mid right also are very dark, though luckily the spilled light on the baby's head differentiated the two. however on the right, the end of the hand goes into something very dark too, something that looks like the bottom of a jacket of a moving person - but the relationship of the hand to the other subject can't be delineated.

and this one got a tilt from guestimation, but i think it is a dynamic angle, so i think it is ok. the slight bowing of her body is also appropriate for her action.

Hmong girl, "Ouch!".

sapa-IMG_2329.jpg

this one also tilted but is easily corrected. great capture of expression and good details/fair sharpness.

Status
Not open for further replies.