Free Studio / Studio Eqpt in the West

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone still going for studio shots ? hoping to tag along to learn first, then find models.... hehee.... Seems most of us stay in the west in this thread.

Up this thread abit.

Hi,
Wow... you currently providing free studio, maybe we can do some biz discussions, can help to promote your service. You can contact me at yeoay@gmail.com, or you cam pm me your email address. My company is looking for some tied up.

Rgds,

check your pm :)

yeoay said:
Hi,
Wow... you currently providing free studio, maybe we can do some biz discussions, can help to promote your service. You can contact me at yeoay@gmail.com, or you cam pm me your email address. My company is looking for some tied up.

Rgds,

Studio is still available, pm me if you're interested :)

you can get some of your friends together and let me know. models wise I can help you if you have problems finding.
leeter said:
Anyone still going for studio shots ? hoping to tag along to learn first, then find models.... hehee.... Seems most of us stay in the west in this thread.

Up this thread abit.

Upz to revive this thread.

Yo dude, i hope to get the prices too :)

vince123123 said:
Hi all,

Studios are especially useful in times of bad weather, especially during the year end showers. Model shoot organisers will also benefit from what I have to offer.

I noticed that most of the current studios available are in the East or CBD and some pple have enquired about studios located in the West.
Why pay market rates for a studio when you can get it free?

My main aim in this post is to offer the use of my studio and studio equipment in return for an opportunity to work together and improve my portfolio at the same time.

I am pleased to offer to you guys, an invitation to use my personal studio in Clementi for your model shoots on the following conditions:

1. I am mainly opening this up to be a no-cost thing if I think that your shoot gives me an opportunity to improve my own portfolio at the same time.

2. Anyone is welcomed to apply. If your application is approved (subject to availability & other considerations), I will contact you to tie up with you on the details of the shoot. As space/slots are limited, I would have to screen and assess all applications and therefore seek your understanding if your application is not approved for whatever reason.

3. You will still have to get your own makeup artist or I can arrange one for you at your own cost if desired. If for whatever reason you need a model, (which would be strange IMO especially if you are out looking for a studio) I can help you source.

4. Shoots are usually on weekends. Weekdays may also be possible if there are overriding factors involved.

5. If you are doing a commercial assignment, kindly indicate to me upfront as there are other considerations involved in a commercial shoot.

6. Some of the major equipment available in the studio is as follows:

(a) Bowens 500W x 3
(b) Bowens 250W x 2
(c) 80 x 60 softbox x 1
(d) 90 x 120 softbox x 1
(e) 1.5m umbrella softbox x 1 + small umbrella shoot through x 1
(f) Standard dish reflectors
(g) Grid reflectors with a set of grids
(h) Backlite Reflector (to create an oval patch of light on background)
(i) Barn Doors + Gels
(j) Triflector MKII (for beauty/makeover style shoots)
(k) 5-in-one 80cm reflector
(l) Boom Stand (for overhead lighting)
(m) Lightmeter
(n) 4 colours of seamless paper - black/white/blue/green
(o) 2 muslin old master style backgrounds
(p) IR Triggers x 3
(q) Sync Cords + hotshoe adapters

7. Other than shooting in my studio, I can also transport the above equipment for on-location shoots e.g. in hotel rooms, clubs etc. Kindly contact me for details.

Any model shoot organisers who are keen in a long term collaboration for studio/on-location shoots may also contact me for further discussions as I am currently looking for long-term partners.

If you're interested in any of the above, kindly pm me to discuss.

Finally, I would be grateful if any OT or unncessary comments are kept out of this thread, any issues, please pm me directly.

Cheers!
Great stuff Vince. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That is very good news for our newbird,i always feel trouble when i hope can have a studio shoot with model..why? because need to pay for studio fee also model fee.. actually is can ask friends as model,but still under learning,so not so many idea for the posing.. pro model i think is more useful for newbird like me.. so,that is ok not let say i pay the model fee and make up fee...vince123123 u join to shoot and then i can learn a bit for u...? he he...

Well I offered this scheme for people, amongst others, like you. You can pm me if you have firmer plans.

jywong said:
That is very good news for our newbird,i always feel trouble when i hope can have a studio shoot with model..why? because need to pay for studio fee also model fee.. actually is can ask friends as model,but still under learning,so not so many idea for the posing.. pro model i think is more useful for newbird like me.. so,that is ok not let say i pay the model fee and make up fee...vince123123 u join to shoot and then i can learn a bit for u...? he he...

Hi... was juz surfing ard and came across this thread.....

Is this offer still on? Excuse me, i'll come straight to the point here...
I'll require such a service as i am starting an online business and i would need to take photos of my products. As i am just starting out and on an extremely tight budget, we'll do w/o models or make up artist. I'll most probably be getting my cousin to model my stuff for me. lastly, i have no experince in photography so i'll need guidance and at the same time i would like to learn too, as in future i'll have to do such shots rather often to update my website. One other thing, we have a credit section in our site which we can link up with you too so that pple dropping by our site can pop over to urs too.. :) If you see a possbility working together here, please email me at cl_charlene@yahoo.com.sg

thanks a big big bunch for you attn!

vince123123 said:
Hi all,

Studios are especially useful in times of bad weather, especially during the year end showers. Model shoot organisers will also benefit from what I have to offer.

I noticed that most of the current studios available are in the East or CBD and some pple have enquired about studios located in the West.
Why pay market rates for a studio when you can get it free?

My main aim in this post is to offer the use of my studio and studio equipment in return for an opportunity to work together and improve my portfolio at the same time.

I am pleased to offer to you guys, an invitation to use my personal studio in Clementi for your model shoots on the following conditions:

1. I am mainly opening this up to be a no-cost thing if I think that your shoot gives me an opportunity to improve my own portfolio at the same time.

2. Anyone is welcomed to apply. If your application is approved (subject to availability & other considerations), I will contact you to tie up with you on the details of the shoot. As space/slots are limited, I would have to screen and assess all applications and therefore seek your understanding if your application is not approved for whatever reason.

3. You will still have to get your own makeup artist or I can arrange one for you at your own cost if desired. If for whatever reason you need a model, (which would be strange IMO especially if you are out looking for a studio) I can help you source.

4. Shoots are usually on weekends. Weekdays may also be possible if there are overriding factors involved.

5. If you are doing a commercial assignment, kindly indicate to me upfront as there are other considerations involved in a commercial shoot.

6. Some of the major equipment available in the studio is as follows:

(a) Bowens 500W x 3
(b) Bowens 250W x 2
(c) 80 x 60 softbox x 1
(d) 90 x 120 softbox x 1
(e) 1.5m umbrella softbox x 1 + small umbrella shoot through x 1
(f) Standard dish reflectors
(g) Grid reflectors with a set of grids
(h) Backlite Reflector (to create an oval patch of light on background)
(i) Barn Doors + Gels
(j) Triflector MKII (for beauty/makeover style shoots)
(k) 5-in-one 80cm reflector
(l) Boom Stand (for overhead lighting)
(m) Lightmeter
(n) 4 colours of seamless paper - black/white/blue/green
(o) 2 muslin old master style backgrounds
(p) IR Triggers x 3
(q) Sync Cords + hotshoe adapters

7. Other than shooting in my studio, I can also transport the above equipment for on-location shoots e.g. in hotel rooms, clubs etc. Kindly contact me for details.

Any model shoot organisers who are keen in a long term collaboration for studio/on-location shoots may also contact me for further discussions as I am currently looking for long-term partners.

If you're interested in any of the above, kindly pm me to discuss.

Finally, I would be grateful if any OT or unncessary comments are kept out of this thread, any issues, please pm me directly.

Cheers!

Hi there, I've just sent you an email. Do check your box. Thanks! :)

Xselff said:
Hi... was juz surfing ard and came across this thread.....

Is this offer still on? Excuse me, i'll come straight to the point here...
I'll require such a service as i am starting an online business and i would need to take photos of my products. As i am just starting out and on an extremely tight budget, we'll do w/o models or make up artist. I'll most probably be getting my cousin to model my stuff for me. lastly, i have no experince in photography so i'll need guidance and at the same time i would like to learn too, as in future i'll have to do such shots rather often to update my website. One other thing, we have a credit section in our site which we can link up with you too so that pple dropping by our site can pop over to urs too.. :) If you see a possbility working together here, please email me at cl_charlene@yahoo.com.sg

thanks a big big bunch for you attn!

Hi Vince123123,

A few days ago I pm you about borrowing your studio. I wonder whether it is possible to borrow your studio for modelshooting.

I am just a beginner and I like to learn modelshooting. My friends are my models and I have some friends who know how to shoot. I have also a stylist who wants to do the hairdressing and make-up for free. If I can borrow your studio for free, it will be very fine!

Can you let me know when I can borrow your studio? I prefer you send me an e-mail about it: karfee_t@hotmail.com

regards!

Hello karfee

Its strange as I don't recall receiving your pm - I've also checked my pm box again and dont see it - not sure if I deleted it or it never came in.

Anyway I'll drop you an email on your enquiry :)

karfee said:
Hi Vince123123,

A few days ago I pm you about borrowing your studio. I wonder whether it is possible to borrow your studio for modelshooting.

I am just a beginner and I like to learn modelshooting. My friends are my models and I have some friends who know how to shoot. I have also a stylist who wants to do the hairdressing and make-up for free. If I can borrow your studio for free, it will be very fine!

Can you let me know when I can borrow your studio? I prefer you send me an e-mail about it: karfee_t@hotmail.com

regards!

OK, I wait at your reply :) I hope I can borrow your studi next Saturday since one of my friends is going back to The Netherlands and maybe it will be very nice if we can do the modelshoots of her. If it is possible to shoot at next Sat, I will contact with the stylist immediately;)

vince123123 said:
Hello karfee

Its strange as I don't recall receiving your pm - I've also checked my pm box again and dont see it - not sure if I deleted it or it never came in.

Anyway I'll drop you an email on your enquiry :)

I've already sent you the email quite some hours ago. do check and pm me if you didn't receive it.

karfee said:
OK, I wait at your reply :) I hope I can borrow your studi next Saturday since one of my friends is going back to The Netherlands and maybe it will be very nice if we can do the modelshoots of her. If it is possible to shoot at next Sat, I will contact with the stylist immediately;)

it is very weird since I don't receive the e-mail....hhmm...maybe I will receive it later. Well, let me wait till tomorrow. I will let you know by tomorrow :)

vince123123 said:
I've already sent you the email quite some hours ago. do check and pm me if you didn't receive it.

Hi, I am looking for a studio to take a group picture, but then my company will NOT bear the cost for the studio so I am thinking of forking out myself.... and I wonder if I already have a photographer, and would like to rent your studio, how much would it be?

I am looking at the date, die die next Sat(8th) or Sun(9th)(got deadline :what: ) after lunch time.

Do let me know if we can work anything out. Thanks in advance! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.