Free Studio / Studio Eqpt in the West


Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vince123123

Guest
Hi all,

Studios are especially useful in times of bad weather, especially during the year end showers. Model shoot organisers will also benefit from what I have to offer.

I noticed that most of the current studios available are in the East or CBD and some pple have enquired about studios located in the West.
Why pay market rates for a studio when you can get it free?

My main aim in this post is to offer the use of my studio and studio equipment in return for an opportunity to work together and improve my portfolio at the same time.

I am pleased to offer to you guys, an invitation to use my personal studio in Clementi for your model shoots on the following conditions:

1. I am mainly opening this up to be a no-cost thing if I think that your shoot gives me an opportunity to improve my own portfolio at the same time.

2. Anyone is welcomed to apply. If your application is approved (subject to availability & other considerations), I will contact you to tie up with you on the details of the shoot. As space/slots are limited, I would have to screen and assess all applications and therefore seek your understanding if your application is not approved for whatever reason.

3. You will still have to get your own makeup artist or I can arrange one for you at your own cost if desired. If for whatever reason you need a model, (which would be strange IMO especially if you are out looking for a studio) I can help you source.

4. Shoots are usually on weekends. Weekdays may also be possible if there are overriding factors involved.

5. If you are doing a commercial assignment, kindly indicate to me upfront as there are other considerations involved in a commercial shoot.

6. Some of the major equipment available in the studio is as follows:

(a) Bowens 500W x 3
(b) Bowens 250W x 2
(c) 80 x 60 softbox x 1
(d) 90 x 120 softbox x 1
(e) 1.5m umbrella softbox x 1 + small umbrella shoot through x 1
(f) Standard dish reflectors
(g) Grid reflectors with a set of grids
(h) Backlite Reflector (to create an oval patch of light on background)
(i) Barn Doors + Gels
(j) Triflector MKII (for beauty/makeover style shoots)
(k) 5-in-one 80cm reflector
(l) Boom Stand (for overhead lighting)
(m) Lightmeter
(n) 4 colours of seamless paper - black/white/blue/green
(o) 2 muslin old master style backgrounds
(p) IR Triggers x 3
(q) Sync Cords + hotshoe adapters

7. Other than shooting in my studio, I can also transport the above equipment for on-location shoots e.g. in hotel rooms, clubs etc. Kindly contact me for details.

Any model shoot organisers who are keen in a long term collaboration for studio/on-location shoots may also contact me for further discussions as I am currently looking for long-term partners.

If you're interested in any of the above, kindly pm me to discuss.

Finally, I would be grateful if any OT or unncessary comments are kept out of this thread, any issues, please pm me directly.

Cheers!
 

Petf69

Senior Member
Oct 1, 2004
4,153
0
36
Singapore
www.pbase.com
Hi,
Where exactly is your studio?

As u can see I'm organising model shoot this and next sunday.....would be interesting if we can arrange an indoor shoot......may be on the 9 Jan.

If you keen to work with my models, pls PM me.....

Feel free to visit my thread..which I'm sure u probably seem it.

Cheers,
Sim :)
 

V

vince123123

Guest
check ur pm :)

Petf69 said:
Hi,
Where exactly is your studio?

As u can see I'm organising model shoot this and next sunday.....would be interesting if we can arrange an indoor shoot......may be on the 9 Jan.

If you keen to work with my models, pls PM me.....

Feel free to visit my thread..which I'm sure u probably seem it.

Cheers,
Sim :)
 

John Tan

Senior Member
Aug 28, 2004
5,711
0
36
AMK
Wow...great opportunity for newbie Studio photographer!!!
 

V

vince123123

Guest
There has been some common enquiries on the dimensions of the studio. I will go back and measure and let you guys know again.
 

T16

Senior Member
Jun 28, 2004
1,339
0
36
49
studiofriend.com
Petf69 said:
Hi,
Where exactly is your studio?

As u can see I'm organising model shoot this and next sunday.....would be interesting if we can arrange an indoor shoot......may be on the 9 Jan.

If you keen to work with my models, pls PM me.....

Feel free to visit my thread..which I'm sure u probably seem it.

Cheers,
Sim :)
It would be great if we were to studio shoot, wheather very unpredictable for these few months.
 

Venom81

Senior Member
Nov 16, 2004
10,518
4
38
39
Hi, vince123123,
Newbie here. Can join in and learn? :bsmilie:
 

yqt

Senior Member
Sep 8, 2004
1,745
0
36
East of Singapore
I hope that I'll not offend anyone here, vince123123 please don't take this the wrong way but I remember a few months ago there's a studio in the west, I think it is also in Clementi, who offer free model shoot for selected photographers but when the photographers arrived, there was no shoot.
As I said, please don't take offence, but is there any connections between the 2? I'm sure there're some other CSers here who have the same question in mind.
 

V

vince123123

Guest
nope no offence taken. Let me clarify for those in doubt.

That free model shoot was organised by Sean and he used my studio for that purpose. I was not involved in the liason and my only role is that he used my studio for his shoot. The shoot did materialise as far as I know as a total of 4 photographers turned up. You'd have to ask Sean why there were photographers felt that it did not materialise as I am not involved in the organisation, but from what I read in the clubsnap thread, it was those photographers themselves who lost Sean's contact number and were unable to find the place.

As it was an arm's length transaction, I'm sure that if hypothetically and objectively speaking, if an organiser rents a studio from a studio owner, and the organiser runs into problems with the participants, the studio owner shouldn't be made involved correct?

I hope that I have sufficiently clarified your queries.

yqt said:
I hope that I'll not offend anyone here, vince123123 please don't take this the wrong way but I remember a few months ago there's a studio in the west, I think it is also in Clementi, who offer free model shoot for selected photographers but when the photographers arrived, there was no shoot.
As I said, please don't take offence, but is there any connections between the 2? I'm sure there're some other CSers here who have the same question in mind.
 

velvet

New Member
Dec 30, 2004
19
0
0
SO WE HAVE TO PAY FOR THE MAKEUP ARTIST AND TEH MODEL HOW? WE BRING OUR OWN? CAN YOU PROVIDE? ARE YOU SURE YOUR STUDIO IS FREE OR IS THIS A GIMMICK?
NO OFFENECE AS NOTHING FOR FREE RIGHT?



vince123123 said:
nope no offence taken. Let me clarify for those in doubt.

That free model shoot was organised by Sean and he used my studio for that purpose. I was not involved in the liason and my only role is that he used my studio for his shoot. The shoot did materialise as far as I know as a total of 4 photographers turned up. You'd have to ask Sean why there were photographers felt that it did not materialise as I am not involved in the organisation, but from what I read in the clubsnap thread, it was those photographers themselves who lost Sean's contact number and were unable to find the place.

As it was an arm's length transaction, I'm sure that if hypothetically and objectively speaking, if an organiser rents a studio from a studio owner, and the organiser runs into problems with the participants, the studio owner shouldn't be made involved correct?

I hope that I have sufficiently clarified your queries.
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,899
0
0
Planet Nikon
velvet said:
SO WE HAVE TO PAY FOR THE MAKEUP ARTIST AND TEH MODEL HOW? WE BRING OUR OWN? CAN YOU PROVIDE? ARE YOU SURE YOUR STUDIO IS FREE OR IS THIS A GIMMICK?
NO OFFENECE AS NOTHING FOR FREE RIGHT?
You don't need to shout...
 

V

vince123123

Guest
espn said:
You don't need to shout...
Thanks espn :)

velvet said:
SO WE HAVE TO PAY FOR THE MAKEUP ARTIST AND TEH MODEL HOW? WE BRING OUR OWN? CAN YOU PROVIDE? ARE YOU SURE YOUR STUDIO IS FREE OR IS THIS A GIMMICK?
NO OFFENECE AS NOTHING FOR FREE RIGHT?
I am only offering the studio, the rest you will settle. If you want me to help I can help you source. Anyway nothing is for free, what I get is the opportunity to build my portfolio.

Btw, I dont look too highly of pple who register a new nick and start posting inflammatory posts and I would be grateful if you could refrain from doing so. Your cooperation is appreciated.
 

yqt

Senior Member
Sep 8, 2004
1,745
0
36
East of Singapore
vince123123 said:
nope no offence taken. Let me clarify for those in doubt.

That free model shoot was organised by Sean and he used my studio for that purpose. I was not involved in the liason and my only role is that he used my studio for his shoot. The shoot did materialise as far as I know as a total of 4 photographers turned up. You'd have to ask Sean why there were photographers felt that it did not materialise as I am not involved in the organisation, but from what I read in the clubsnap thread, it was those photographers themselves who lost Sean's contact number and were unable to find the place.

As it was an arm's length transaction, I'm sure that if hypothetically and objectively speaking, if an organiser rents a studio from a studio owner, and the organiser runs into problems with the participants, the studio owner shouldn't be made involved correct?

I hope that I have sufficiently clarified your queries.
Thank you vince123123 for the clarification and also for not taking offence.

I do agreed with you that if a studio is rented/use by someone else than the responsibility of the shoot falls on the organiser of the shoot and not the studio owner.
What you're doing is very good for CSers here. It can help newbies to improve themself at lower cost and at the same time let those interested, to get a feel of studio shoot. I'm a studio owner myself and if you need any help, I'll be glad to help in any way I can. Lastly, I wish you every success in your venture.
 

modelguru

New Member
Aug 31, 2004
51
0
0
Katong
www.photonski.com
upszzzz!! for you vince123123 :thumbsup:
vince123123 said:
Thanks espn :)



I am only offering the studio, the rest you will settle. If you want me to help I can help you source. Anyway nothing is for free, what I get is the opportunity to build my portfolio.

Btw, I dont look too highly of pple who register a new nick and start posting inflammatory posts and I would be grateful if you could refrain from doing so. Your cooperation is appreciated.
 

V

vince123123

Guest
Thanks to all who have enquired.

I have just finished a couple of shoots via this arrangement. Attached are some photos for your viewing pleasure.

Anyone else interested to work with me can pm me.
Cheers!


 

Venom81

Senior Member
Nov 16, 2004
10,518
4
38
39
vince123123, nice pics. Fave is 2nd pic. :lovegrin:
 

jason72

Member
Jun 23, 2004
50
0
6
48
I had a session with vince123123 before and the studio is free. :)
 

Kimura_papaya

New Member
Dec 23, 2004
1,238
0
0
45
Sick-Ka-Poor land
vince123123 said:
Thanks to all who have enquired.

I have just finished a couple of shoots via this arrangement. Attached are some photos for your viewing pleasure.

Anyone else interested can pm me.
Cheers!



buddy..i nose bleeding oredi.. :sweat:

kimu
 

V

vince123123

Guest
really arh, do your own shoots at my place lor :)

Kimura_papaya said:
buddy..i nose bleeding oredi.. :sweat:

kimu
 

Status
Not open for further replies.