Foveon X3 sensor user thread

New DP1s accessories - Lens filter

sigma_dp2_1s.jpg

sigma_dp2_2.jpg

http://www.acmaxx.net/product/lens_armor/sigma_dp1.html

can you still put the original lens cap on after this filter ?

this thread has been quiet sometime. any new DP series user ? Dp1X, Dp2X ?
could existung user share more pic ?

unocvin said:
If local support is good, grey import matters little to me, just pay for the services to get things sorted out. My main issue is that they seems reluctant to serve products not purchase through their dealers, even though one is willing to pay for the services. Besides, my experience with their servicing isn't so hot based on the new owner who purchased my set and did extensive testing.

I work in the distribution business, and grey imports happens, but we still serve those customers with service and repairs so long as they are willing to pay for it, it is a revenue stream afterall. so I can't understand their reluctance to serve and the results of their servicing.

I did enquire about the SD15, i doubt they would bring it in.

Ya, Sigma Singapore has one of the worst support for sets not bought directly from them, & they would not be friendly towards these customers. My own experience was that i had to send my DP2s all the way back to Japan just for servicing.

I love the DP2S's IQ, but its local support is making me rethink about moving on with others.

dp1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/42825693@N03/6428694883/#[/IMG]

Last edited:
Ya, Sigma Singapore has one of the worst support for sets not bought directly from them, & they would not be friendly towards these customers. My own experience was that i had to send my DP2s all the way back to Japan just for servicing.

I love the DP2S's IQ, but its local support is making me rethink about moving on with others.

I had a completely different experience.

I sent my SD-1 (bought from overseas) for calibration with a 6 lenses and even though they told me they will have to charge me for lenses that I bought overseas, they were more than happy to help me calibrate my SD-1 for free if needed.

When I went to pick up the lenses, the technician came out to speak to me personally and told me to let them know when I buy a lens and he will make sure it is spot on for my camera before sending it out to the retailer.

A New Sigma Dp Merrill in the pipeline.

sold DP1s, now awaiting DP1M with faster aperture at f2.8. hope there would be improvement on AF and battery consumption.
when the AF hunt, it eats up battery. most of the time, i could only do 150shot and the battery (original) go flat.

one of the greatest works i have ever seen

Hi folks, sorry to dig up an old thread but I am very intrigued by the feveon's output, anywhere I can get the dp Merrill version locally?

Hi folks, sorry to dig up an old thread but I am very intrigued by the feveon's output, anywhere I can get the dp Merrill version locally?

not even available in the market. be prepared, I guess the DPM series would cost at least SGD1,300.