FORMULA 1 ING MAGYAR NAGYDIJ [24 - 29 July 2009]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope Massa gets well soon. That spring that hit him is 1kg and at such speeds, its gonna be serious.

It was reported that he went unconsious after the impact which resulted him crashing into the tyre wall!

He may have permanent vision problem with his left eye n may resulted early retirement!:cry:

if Massa is to be retired because of his damaged eye... then i'll always remember him as the driver who got robbed of the WDC title in 2008 on the last lap in his home grand prix. i really felt for Massa on that day. he worked so hard and to see it slipped by on the final lap. it's a shame.

It is sad to lose a career like that. But on the bright side he was not severely injured or dead.

It is sad to lose a career like that. But on the bright side he was not severely injured or dead.

Yup...he is recovering quite well for his skull out of danger!:sweat:

if Massa is to be retired because of his damaged eye... then i'll always remember him as the driver who got robbed of the WDC title in 2008 on the last lap in his home grand prix. i really felt for Massa on that day. he worked so hard and to see it slipped by on the final lap. it's a shame.

:cry::cry::cry:

Yup...he is recovering quite well for his skull out of danger!:sweat:

Knowing Massa, he is a fighter at heart, and am sure he's totally set on recovering as fast as humanly possible.

Would love to see the man come back in time for the Brazillian GP! :thumbsup:

Knowing Massa, he is a fighter at heart, and am sure he's totally set on recovering as fast as humanly possible.

Would love to see the man come back in time for the Brazillian GP! :thumbsup:

Yes he is a real fighter!:thumbsup:

He is due for a CT scan today for any further Brain injury etc ... *crossed fingers* while waiting for the report!

Michael Schumacher would consider F1 stand in for Felipe Massa until end of the season!:think:

Schumacher return not impossible - agent

Seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher could come out of retirement to fill in for the injured Felipe Massa in next month's European Grand Prix in Valencia.

Seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher could come out of retirement to fill in for the injured Felipe Massa in next month's European Grand Prix in Valencia.

That intriguing possibility was raised Tuesday by the Ferrari legend's spokeswoman four days after Massa's horrific high speed crash in qualifying for the Hungarian Grand Prix.

The Brazilian is recovering in hospital in Budapest after undergoing surgery on a fractured skull, leaving Ferrari looking for a stand-in, possibly for the remainder of the 2009 season.

Schumacher, who retired in 2006, is on Ferrari's pay roll yet made it clear in an interview at the German Grand Prix a fortnight ago that he was not interested in making a full time comeback.

But a temporary return, his spokeswoman told the BBC, was a different matter altogether.

"The whole thing will be considered by Ferrari. If they approach Michael, then he will consider it," Sabine Kehm told BBC Sport.

She added: "Usually, I would say he's not interested because he's fine with his life and he doesn't miss anything but now the situation is so different - it's very hypothetical - and Michael doesn't want to step into that (discussion)."

One factor against Schumacher lining up in Valencia on August 23 is his fitness after a motorcycle accident in February left him with a neck injury.

"I really can't tell you if his neck would be fine to drive an F1 race," Kehm said.

"If Ferrari asked him whether he would consider driving, he would have it checked - and remember he is a 40-year-old man, too."

Among other names mentioned to replace Massa, albeit an outside chance, has been that of Fernando Alonso, who it is rumoured is poised to join Ferrari in 2010.

Alonso's team Renault are banned from racing in Valencia after the French outfit were accused of not respecting security regulations when a wheel flew off Alonso's car in Budapest.

Yay good news!!!

Doctors hopeful Massa could leave hospital next week!

With news from Hungary about Felipe Massa’s recovery looking increasingly positive, the Brazilian’s doctor has revealed to reporters that he could be well enough to walk out of hospital within the next ten days.

Massa suffered a fractured skull after being hit by a spring from another car during qualifying for the Hungarian Grand Prix. He underwent emergency surgery and was taken out of an artificially-induced coma on Monday. He has since been awake, chatting to close friends and family members, who have gathered at his bedside.

"My expectation is that he would walk out of the hospital on his own,” Peter Bazso, the medical director of Budapest’s AEK Hospital told Hungarian television channel M1. “If his recovery continues at this pace, I would not rule out that he could leave within ten days. He's spending more and more time awake, talking to family and friends."

Despite the Brazilian’s encouraging progress, Bazso has urged caution, revealing that Massa would continue to be monitored closely in intensive care. "I would like to point out that although he's recovering, this is not the end of the story, he is still in a life-threatening condition," he said. "Of course, the danger is decreasing by the day."

Massa’s wife, his parents, his brother and his friend and manager Nicolas Todt all spent Monday night at the hospital. Former Ferrari boss Jean Todt paid a visit during the course of Tuesday, as did Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali.

"It's good to have comforting news,” said Domenicali on Ferrari’s official website. “I spoke to Felipe and it was very emotional for me: he recognised me and I brought him a message from everybody at Ferrari and from the fans all over the world. I told him that his red car will wait for him until he's ready to race again. Now we've got to take it step by step and remain cautious, but it's really incredible to see all of this progress only three days after the accident."

Massa’s personal doctor, Dino Altman, added: "His condition is improving quickly and constantly. He is more and more awake and reactive. He spoke to several people today, using three different languages, replying always in a coherent way. He's also progressing with his physiotherapy very well. He opened his left eye and confirmed that he can see with it. As far as the near future is concerned we have to be cautious, but I have to say that also today there are very positive signs."

Great news for MAssa.. :cheergal:

It would be interesting if Schumacher does return to F1.. Does he still have a super licence?

final corner of the final lap...:confused:

Great news for MAssa.. :cheergal:

It would be interesting if Schumacher does return to F1.. Does he still have a super licence?

Indeed, it would be interesting to see how he stacked up against LH and the other younger generation of F1 drivers. According to Today paper, MS is one of the 3 reserve drivers of Ferrari. Guess getting him a super licence (assuming he doesn't have one at the moment), shouldn't be too much of an issue. :)

5od2fd.jpg

was watching the race and saw this scene.. Feel very sad.. Its this Massa's entire crew?

BMW withdrawal from F1

BMW may withdraw from F1 at the end of this year.. :sweat:

That settles it then. With all likelihood, we'll be seeing Kubica as Massa's substitute for the rest of the '09 season.

While this may seem the most convenient outcome for Ferrari, it may not be received with that warm a reception from Massa. From Massa's point of view, Kubica may very well become a hard to get rid of squatter, unlike Schumacher.

We shall know the outcome by next week. The plot thickens!

wah suddenly... F1 is becoming like a theater of dramas. and i thought WWE is already that bad. now F1...

I still remember that fuel pipe that cost him his win here in singapore :angry::angry::angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.