FORMULA 1 ING MAGYAR NAGYDIJ 2008 (03 August)

Status
Not open for further replies.
next stop... Valencia... a street race. hopefully, it will be more exciting than Monaco. otherwise, i think i'll fall asleep watching it... hahaha.

and let's hope that the street racing in Singapore would be a fun race to watch and not just who enters the first corner have a higher chance of winning the race.

anyway, walked part of the SG circuit (Singapore Flyer part towards the pit straight)... and damn... it's kinda narrow.

From: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7539618.stm

Results from Hungarian Grand Prix:
1. Heikki Kovalainen (Fin) McLaren-Mercedes 1hr 37min 27.067secs
2. Timo Glock (Ger) Toyota +00:11.061
3. Kimi Raikkonen (Fin) Ferrari 00:16.856
4. Fernando Alonso (Spa) Renault 00:21.614
5. Lewis Hamilton (GB) McLaren-Mercedes 00:23.048
6. Nelson Piquet (Brz) Renault 00:32.298
7. Jarno Trulli (Ita) Toyota 00:36.449
8. Robert Kubica (Pol) BMW Sauber 00:48.321
9. Mark Webber (Aus) Red Bull - Renault 00:58.834
10. Nick Heidfeld (Ger) BMW Sauber 01:07.709
11. David Coulthard (GB) Red Bull - Renault 01:10.407
12. Jenson Button (GB) Honda 1 lap
13. Kazuki Nakajima (Jpn) Williams - Toyota 1 lap
14. Nico Rosberg (Ger) Williams - Toyota 1 lap
15. Giancarlo Fisichella (Ita) Force India - Ferrari 1 lap
16. Rubens Barrichello (Brz) Honda 2 laps
17. Sebastien Bourdais (Fra) Toro Rosso - Ferrari 3 laps
ret. Felipe Massa (Brz) Ferrari 67 laps completed
ret. Adrian Sutil (Ger) Force India - Ferrari 62 laps completed
ret Sebastian Vettel (Ger) Toro Rosso - Ferrari 22 laps completed

Fastest Lap: Kimi Raikkonen, 1:21.195, lap 61.

eh bro canew...there is a mclaren f1 car at bugis junction. just took some pics of it..and with it :bsmilie:

Thanks for the tip Bro. Yeah, my colleague told me too. :)

Did you take any photos of you IN it?

can only take next to it. cannot sit inside or on it. ;p

the gal there told me is a 2006 model. mp-4/21? sorry...dunno how to verify. :dunno:

Kimi will always be an enigma and the ultimate iceman. I recall in his post race interview of him saying he didn't care whether he won or lost in this race. His total coolness is both his strongest asset as well as his Achilles Heal. But that's Kimi, love him or hate him. I for one continue to be a strong supporter purely for his coolness and sportsmanship. A two thumbs up to Heikki as he drove past has to bring smiles to even the most hardcore of McLaren supporters :thumbsup:

Actually Massa's plight wasn't that much different from Hamilton's. Surely it was heartwrenching to say the least for Massa to be robbed a victory in such a way. But driving a real Formula One car (as opposed to on PlayStation3 with device failure mode disabled) is much more than simply going flat out. It entails listening to the car and adapting the driving accordingly. Sure, easier said than done but that's what makes a champion a champion.

Hamster was an idiot to end his chances that way, pure and simple. First, he should have never taken for granted that poor little Massa would never have the balls to overtake him. Well, he did... both of them in fact. And second, knowing how abrasive the circuit was to the tires and how McLaren cars tend to chew away the tires, it was quite obvious an aggressive driving style is only asking for trouble.

Huge, huge kudos to Timo Glock. The dude held it together, and took full advantage of the circuit which seemed to be tailor-made for the tire-babying Toyotas.

All in all, this has been a great race. A race of luck, a race of being there when the "luck" strikes, and a race of those who have the mental strength of champions. CONGRATS TO HEIKKI, TIMO, AND KIMI!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Think its different. Like you said, Hamilton knows his style and need to save his tyres but din do it. Massa's engine blew out and it was a long time ago Ferrari suffered a blown engine. Massa can't see it coming. And after that, Kimi slowed down his pace a lot. Engines are alot more reliable these days. I dun think Massa pushed the car a lot. I think Ferrari have the pace but it seems like Kimi blows hot and cold as he wishes. Not very good for the team and constructors points. He was happily following Alonso around the circuit untill the pit stop that puts him infront. Then he picked up pace and sets fastest lap and begin to catch Timo till Massa's incident.

But Massa did the Hammymove on the man himself. :bsmilie: Classic! Pity its wasted.

Next is Valencia and then? SGGP? Night race! Wooo Hooo!

Think its different. Like you said, Hamilton knows his style and need to save his tyres but din do it. Massa's engine blew out and it was a long time ago Ferrari suffered a blown engine. Massa can't see it coming. And after that, Kimi slowed down his pace a lot. Engines are alot more reliable these days. I dun think Massa pushed the car a lot. I think Ferrari have the pace but it seems like Kimi blows hot and cold as he wishes. Not very good for the team and constructors points. He was happily following Alonso around the circuit untill the pit stop that puts him infront. Then he picked up pace and sets fastest lap and begin to catch Timo till Massa's incident.

But Massa did the Hammymove on the man himself. :bsmilie: Classic! Pity its wasted.

actually i think massa in fact slowed down a number of laps before the engine blue. at one stage the gap to heikki was 12+ secs. not long later it was down to 9+ secs. just one of those days for massa.

LOL! Can't agree more about Kimi blowing hot and cold as he likes. It's almost like he made a mental calculation and went "sh*tty setup, Alonso in front, no point...". And immediately after the pits, "No more Alonso? Woo Hoo!!"

I was a tad harsh on good ol' Massa. The dude drove his heart out, and heeded every possible caution. I guess those "bad luck gremlins" felt bored in Kimi's car and crept into Massa's.

As much as I'm waiting for the SGGP, a part of me is dreading Ferrari's performance on street circuits. Massa should be able to manage a decent pace, but Kimi, sighhhh...

Of the remaining races, the Ferrari friendly circuits are just a handful, Spa, Shanghai, and Interlagos. McLaren are actually in a good position if they play their cards right. Both remaining street circuits in Valencia and Singapore, as well as Monza are likely to play out nicely for McLaren.

Oooohhhh, the excitement!!! Can't wait :lovegrin:

can only take next to it. cannot sit inside or on it. ;p

the gal there told me is a 2006 model. mp-4/21? sorry...dunno how to verify. :dunno:

eh... how can you be sitting inside a McLaren? you Ferrari fan no? :bsmilie:

erm... anybody knows what happened to asterixsg? looks like he no longer contributes to trash-talking in the F1 threads liao.

eh... how can you be sitting inside a McLaren? you Ferrari fan no? :bsmilie:

ya...full blooded ferrari fan. but never sit in f1 car before leh :bsmilie:

i would even sit in a force india car if given the chance :bsmilie:

Last edited:

madmacs, yeah, looks like a MP4-21. Do refer to your photo (DSCF0217_20080804.jpg), it clearly shows a upturned wing right behind the cockpit. This is a characteristic of the MP4-21 and MP4-22.

As for the sponsor livery on the car, well, they could have just went for the updated sponsors. :)

Last edited:
madmacs, yeah, looks like a MP4-21. Do refer to your photo (DSCF0217_20080804.jpg), it clearly shows a upturned wing right behind the cockpit. This is a characteristic of the MP4-21 and MP4 22.

As for the sponsor livery on the car, well, they could have just went for the updated sponsors. :)

i just checked wikipedia...quite likely is the MP4/22 driven by LH last year.

Could be, as there are only slight variations externally from version to version.

possible they brought in the mp4/21 also and updated the sponsor like you said. the number 22 for LH i think also updated cos last year he should be 2 right?

Status
Not open for further replies.