FORMULA 1™ Gran Premio Foster's di San Marino 2006. (23 Apr.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadus said:
Its not possible to overtake in Monaco. can only wait for mistakes.

I still dun quite understand how come from V10 -> V8, then suddenly more overtaking opportunities.

I think it's the engine performance.. with the new engine, more teams are on equal performance now.. :sweat:

afbug said:
Monaco how? :bsmilie: Imola used to have a long sweeping high speed corner. They convert it into a chicane after Ayton Sennia crash and pass away. Many of the older tracks are like this.

If you like high speed, look out for Monza and canadian gp.

I think there are more over taking in Monaco track as compare to Imola..
This is because the average speed in Monaco is slower than Imola.. in Imola, every driver needs to be racing along the race line inorder to achieve the require speed to overtake.. no one can get out of the race line and overtake.. an experience drive will just need to make sure he block or stay in the raceline..
In Monaco, it's different.. lots of opportunity for overtaking.. even though the tracks are norrow.. Drivers are able to take risk not driving along the raceline to overtake at those slow corners..:think:

Eyesthruthelens said:
I think there are more over taking in Monaco track as compare to Imola..
This is because the average speed in Monaco is slower than Imola.. in Imola, every driver needs to be racing along the race line inorder to achieve the require speed to overtake.. no one can get out of the race line and overtake.. an experience drive will just need to make sure he block or stay in the raceline..
In Monaco, it's different.. lots of opportunity for overtaking.. even though the tracks are norrow.. Drivers are able to take risk not driving along the raceline to overtake at those slow corners..:think:

Har...? Interesting theory but lol, i doubt so. In Monaco, there is also racing line, if not, they will kiss the barrier. :) Slower track does not mean no racing line. To maximise their speed, they got to use the racing line.

Meanwhile, Prodrive is making an entry in 2008.

Prodrive to join F1 grid in 2008

Shadus said:
seriously, i see no ferrari come-back this yr. More so after this race. If i may explain, this is THE ferrari + bridgestone track. Looking at how Schmi is being hunted down after such a big gap in the opening, looking at how weirdly bridgestone went off after 1st pit stop...
I really think unless they made some serious progress, and again, I think not, coz these few yrs, Ferrari seems to hv lost its aggressive development program of yester-years, instead, opting for conservative evolution approach. I think i'm glad ferrari will not be challenging much this yr (not exactly my fav team due to its driver & policy).
<<snipped>>

I also tend to believe that Ferrari will struggle this year albeit it won't be as bad as 2005. Their Archilles heel is their Bridgestone rubber. Ferrari seems to have reliability and the car is certainly quick, it's the rubber that let them down. Unless BS can produce a compound that that can match the Michelins, I don't see MS and Ferrari taking the crown this year. However next year will be a different with a single typre supplier.. It's level playing field once again.

its impossible to overtake in monaco. haha. slow speed means even harder to overtake. today's F1 car overtaking is usually done via slip-stream, then out-brake the other guy.

i can still remember a certain yr when mclaren hv a terrible car, but coulthard managed to qualify 1st, he practically held up a train of 10 cars behind him. esp ferrari who was at tht time, at least 2 sec a lap faster than the maclaren. then again, i rememeber anr yr, a certain Arrows driver held david to a 15th position almost the entire race. MAN! were mclaren MAD tht time.

Wah! In 2008, all 12 team slots will be taken up. PRODRIVE managed to secure the last team slot. Read it here.

It will be interesting to see Prodrive in F1. I also posted this news a few days ago, seems like not many ppl know Prodrive? :)

Prodrive's boss is Keith Richards, ex boss of BAR Honda. Prodrive is the company behind Subaru's world rally championship cars. I wonder if his F1 cars will skid around like the rally cars or not. :bsmilie:

only drifting i've seen in F1 is by Mika & schumi. maybe prodrive can get back mika? haha.

The only way to see an F1 car drift is to switch off the Track Control

They got a tough job to do. Only got less than 2 years to build a F1 car. 1st season, i expect them to be friends and mingle with teams like Torro Rosso/midlands etc. After that, i guess they will be able to take on Toyota/Williams. Who knows, maybe challange with the big guns soon.

Shadus said:
bah... more money for bernie, tht's all.

i wouldn't mind bernie lining up his already fat wallet as long as i get my fortnightly dose of F1 action ;p

Triton said:
The only way to see an F1 car drift is to switch off the Track Control

should be traction control ;)

yar, no more drifting ever since.
anyway, how big is prodrive's budget? dun forget, toyota's budget goes into $400++ million.

burger said:
should be traction control ;)

yes i was refering to Traction Control (or TC in F1 speak) ... finger faster than brain :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.