For those who wrongly believe that "dpi" is the resolution of a digital image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for upping for us..... I'm totally and utterly and completely confused.......! :D Need to read the article again....... Thanks! :D

The article a bit cheem...

Can the mods be kind enough to create some 'tutorial'...explanation of all PPI/DPI/Printing etc in the main cs site. so when anyone asks, just refer 'em to our OWN CS article, explained in simple singlish that everyone can understand.

cheers

di0nysus said:
The article a bit cheem...

Can the mods be kind enough to create some 'tutorial'...explanation of all PPI/DPI/Printing etc in the main cs site. so when anyone asks, just refer 'em to our OWN CS article, explained in simple singlish that everyone can understand.

cheers

I find the first link (Lumina Landscape) on the FAQ page linked by mpenza is quite helpful as it does have some examples to help readers understand the point he/she is trying to make. I feel it is more helpful than the very brief summary provided by the FAQ.

so what is the printing dpi of a fuji machine, those used in photo labs daily?

ckiang said:
CoF? You talking about DoF or CoC? :bsmilie:

Regards
CK

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie: very funny...but what is CoC?:confused:

This is a super old thread...but worthy to be bump up again!

beautiful said:
so what is the printing dpi of a fuji machine, those used in photo labs daily?

Not sure.. But I found out from Kex that his Kodak machine scans negatives into roughly 9MP files for printing. Note that this is not the machine he uses to scan slides/ negatives into CD's.
The modern day minilab machines scan negatives to print them rather than using light to shine through the negatives onto photosensitive paper.

John Tan said:
:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie: very funny...but what is CoC?:confused:

CoC = Circle of Confusion, seriously! Dun ask me to explain, I'll just confuse myself :embrass: .

Status
Not open for further replies.