for those who are jobless now

for those who are jobless now

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a temporary 3 mth contract Job available, require personnel with PLC knowledge, can pm me for details.

For experience personnel only, company : famous MNC at west side.

rainman said:
I have a temporary 3 mth contract Job available, require personnel with PLC knowledge, can pm me for details.

For experience personnel only, company : famous MNC at west side.
Whats PLC? :dunno:

PLC = programmable logic controller.

I have started a new thread, looking for freelance machinist. hope to help those looking for jobs.

I was out of job @ end of feb 2005. But was lucky that my ex-supervisor recommanded me to this job that I am given to authority to engage frelance machinists.

Someone lended me a helping hand, so now its my turn to extend out my helping hand.

sorry to bash your thread whoelse.

denniskee said:
PLC = programmable logic controller.

I have started a new thread, looking for freelance machinist. hope to help those looking for jobs.

I was out of job @ end of feb 2005. But was lucky that my ex-supervisor recommanded me to this job that I am given to authority to engage frelance machinists.

Someone lended me a helping hand, so now its my turn to extend out my helping hand.

sorry to bash your thread whoelse.

and what help are you going to help/give?

?? By offering a job for those in need of one. How else? Its a win win situation, he/she gets $$, I get jobs done.

My ex-sup. help me by recommanding me to this job, so now I have $$ to bring back every month to support my family.

Else, with the current job market, I believe it will takes me easily 2-4 month to get a new job, ie no $$. Than how??

Yes, guys, depending on how you look at it.

One can say by offering temp job here, we want to save advertising $$.

The other way to look at it, no one is forcing you to take up the job. We are just trying to help friends (on strangers with a common hobby, can go out to shooting together after that mah) here to tie over some difficult times, untill the find a perm. job.

Guys, if your company needs a temp, why not put in here so we can help others.

Moderators, if you guys dont agree to this, pls let us know. Thanks.

xmen2003 said:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi there,
I'm still looking for a perm job right now and I've a hobby to take pictures.

I dunno it is relevant or not, I still remember the days of the Asia financial crisis back in the late 90's. I got into a cab in Changi. The taxi driver whom I met was a degree holder from local uni.....think he was from Nanyang.
Although I din say much in the journey....but he won my admiration :thumbsup: .
Coz when I thought if I ever was down and out....Can I ever be flexible enough to do his job?

Think the old wisdom outshines all things dynamic..."When the going gets tough, the toughs get going...."

If the maids is a degree holder from Phillipine......Cheap FT from India or elsewhere....then is it possible for local talents to think of similar alternatives such as working in China, Vietnam, or anywhere. At the end of day, your skills ain't wasted...exposure/experience combined with savings due to less costly living standard in those countries will ultimately yields return of one form or another.

精神いっとう何事か奈良ならざらん seishin ittô nanigoto ka narazaran (Nothing is impossible with a willing heart)

From a macro view, it is not that healthy. If too many degree holder became taxi drivers or stand behind macdonald, degree will be less attractive. Universities may have to lower their requirement for admission and exams will be easier to pass. While no choice and may be the onlt temporary solutions, the garment shd look into why these local "talents" have to choose a job that shd be done by someone else.

From similar view, if these people take these jobs, more lower educating people will be unemployed or older people will be replace by younger people who cant get a decent job. So, the lower educated group which is suppose to fill this gap became jobless. The problems remain the same. If there are 5 jobs and 10 applications, there will still be 5 people that will not be employed. So it is the same.

If something not to be done, it is not a good thing for the economy for long term. If it is not realise now, it will be maybe another decade.

Degree holder maids, cheap FT from India is nothing to be proud about. It only shows that they have lose their competiveness and have to lower their expectation to make a living outside their country.

I will not feel proud for my country if our taxi drivers are NUS degree holder. I rather feel proud that Sim Wong Wu of Creative started his Creative that storm the IT world as a Diploma holder.

For short term, this is the situation. For long term, there is something still can be done. I think our garment has realise it and I have faith they are up to the job.

whoelse said:
From a macro view, it is not that healthy. If too many degree holder became taxi drivers or stand behind macdonald, degree will be less attractive. Universities may have to lower their requirement for admission and exams will be easier to pass. While no choice and may be the onlt temporary solutions, the garment shd look into why these local "talents" have to choose a job that shd be done by someone else.

This is the result for a well-educated populace. If it takes a Bachelor of Mass Communication to drive taxi, then it takes a Master of Business Admin to be an accounts clerk. The chain goes on and on. Universities just have to creat more places and higher and higher degrees.

Maybe university degree = good job is not the case anymore.

To make the degrees relevant to the employment situation, perhaps the universities should look into introducing BPT (Bachelor of Passenger Transport) for the taxi drivers or BHC (Bachelor of Home Care) for maids or DPH (Diploma of Public Hygiene) for street cleaners?

Sion, walau :-D

whoelse said:
..... For short term, this is the situation. For long term, there is something still can be done. I think our garment has realise it and I have faith they are up to the job.

how long are u willing to wait for the garment to solve this issue??? if they don, what u gonna do???

No need to wait for them, they cannot solve individual problems. They will have to implement stimulant for the economy. As for me, I figure out that the best thing is something as long as I'm willing to do, I'll make a living. A char kuay tiao man as long as he willing to fry mee for next 20yrs, he can make a simple living :D (Are you certain what u are comfortable doing now and u can be doing for next 20yrs? or willing to do when you are 45yrs old? If yes, very good).

So, I run a hawker store in my neighbourbood market selling bra to aunties. Always in demand, wear and tear and we need more then 1 pieces. Half the population are women too, so they need to buy.

Anyone want to join me sell bra or intro friends to give me business?? :D

Take for example the bonus garment spend to encourage new birth. It may seems alot to spend for 1 baby. But remember, these babies will be contributing to our economy in future and their tax paying will be for long term yearly and not a one time thing like the baby bonus.

This shows that the garment do understand but something no need to explain. People might not understand or appreciate you see.

There are smart people in our garment, black sheep dun say. Cannot be only we smart only right? Hehe.

whoelse said:
Take for example the bonus garment spend to encourage new birth. It may seems alot to spend for 1 baby. But remember, these babies will be contributing to our economy in future and their tax paying will be for long term yearly and not a one time thing like the baby bonus.

This shows that the garment do understand but something no need to explain. People might not understand or appreciate you see.

There are smart people in our garment, black sheep dun say. Cannot be only we smart only right? Hehe.

just hope that the parents of these babies are able to maintain a job :sweat: (not losing it to a FT) and bring them up. then hope that these babies when grown up will have a job to support themselves and contribute.

denniskee said:
Yes, guys, depending on how you look at it.

One can say by offering temp job here, we want to save advertising $$.

The other way to look at it, no one is forcing you to take up the job. We are just trying to help friends (on strangers with a common hobby, can go out to shooting together after that mah) here to tie over some difficult times, untill the find a perm. job.

Guys, if your company needs a temp, why not put in here so we can help others.

Moderators, if you guys dont agree to this, pls let us know. Thanks.

Totally agreed with you. :thumbsup:

It is not the degree in life matters, but the character.

My grandparents din even go to kindergarden...somehow they managed to raise 6 kids and many grandchildren. Came with nothing but able to have savings and shops of their own.

Personally, I think we are too blessed these days.......from hand to mouth :embrass: Always ready to shift the blame to someone else

To each its own :sticktong

Benign said:
Personally, I think we are too blessed these days.......from hand to mouth :embrass: Always ready to shift the blame to someone else
I agreed with that.

I remembered someone said that if not for the "foreign talent", the MNCs in Singapore would be going somewhere else. I also agreed, some foreign talent are just plain crap, and they're just out to pull a fast one. But as long as 1 out of the many foreign talent that come to Singapore manage to help Singapore in some way (attracting MNCs?), it's worth the gamble.

My sister who's working in the US told me that her company employed many "foreign talents", among them China and India nationals. US will not be at its number position if not for its policy of welcoming foreign talents.

Status
Not open for further replies.