for those who are jobless now

for those who are jobless now

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoelse

Oct 17, 2003
Is our employment market improved like what our garment said?

If you have higher education diploma or degree or better, and few years experience, then there are plenty of jobs now, choose the better ones.
If you only have O level, or without real work experience, then there may not be many jobs to choose, grab any if you can.

There are 2 totally different employment markets now, sad :(

Astin said:
If you have higher education diploma or degree or better, and few years experience, then there are plenty of jobs now, choose the better ones.
If you only have O level, or without real work experience, then there may not be many jobs to choose, grab any if you can.

There are 2 totally different employment markets now, sad :(

The first scenario does not count if you are above 40, even if you have an MBA.Work for them is tough to find, and they are usually saddled with a growing household and kids moving on to a tertiary education.The time lag in refocusing their occupation will not be very smooth for them.

Sometime over qualified also a problem. If you lower your expectation, that job might not be suitable. Some people can do difficult things but clumsy at simple thing.

"Jiang Tai Gong" was still a butcher when he was 70 years old and alot of people thought he is mad. Once he was appointed by the emporer, he conquer the enermy.

"zhu Ge-Liang" was a farmer befor approached by liu bei. Liu Bei himself was previously making straw shoe for living.

No matter how diffcult life is, it was always find it's way out. Hang on there, meanwhile shoot more pictures and relax.

(Like this flower, live on a hole on the wall. Not only it live, but florish).
-
f1230030.jpg

just take any jobs......the boredom and the finances will ease. And your future employers will see your resume and judge you as a productive person.

To each his own :sweat:

Any babes looking for gigolo?

Paper qualifications means little these days, unless it is a specialized qualification. More important is relevant work experience, skills and knowledge. I know of frens who have generic degree and master degrees who are still stuck to their entry level jobs after years of slogging. Changing jobs does not make it any better.

Depending on that paper qualification one has is like digging your own grave. In many capacities, people can easily be replaced by others who are younger and less qualified, and paid less. So I think it is important to continually learn new skills and upgrade. In the event when the next economic crisis comes, u still have some other skills to fall back on.

Dunno who else is like me, a victim from outsourcing deal :(

To be frank, the market is getting better, but alot of companies are employing foreign talents to fill the vacancies. Yes, its true, the MOM allows such thing from happening when our poor locals people are still left jobless and I mean those professional.

Why employ FT not local? The answer is simple:
1. Local male have to serve reservist, where else FT need not, this is 1 very
attractive point.
2. FT are more willing to take the job at a lower pay as compared to our local
(Most of these FT comes from developing countries, as such to them the
pays are attractive)
3. The list will go on....

Why I know these, because out of 10 been employed by my company, at least 5 are FT. ;)

Disclaimer: I'm not against FT, I do welcome them and I have friends who are these FT. However, I do reallly wish the policy makers would do something about it, not sacrificing the benefits of the local for ...... :devil:

Their fall talent, our foreign talent.

20yrs ago, most of the employment force are O levels.
10yrs ago, poly/A levels.
Now everyone is degree holder.

Therefore it is the same as most of the job seekers. Education is getting easier to pass unlike last time. Most of the students make it to University. More competition from graduates and therefore more people willing to get lower pay.

Everyone degree holder = most jobs are qualified for these people.
Competitions = willing to lower salary to compete the job.
Higher qualification = getting pay as most diploma/A levels.
Degree = less attractive.

These is why some indian contruction workers are degree holder, maids from philipines are degree holders. Too many, easy to pass less value added since everyone is the same.

i know a friend who quited more than 3 months. she got a master degree in IT but still can't find a job. looking for perm job and not those contract IT job.

she is starting to get a bit discouraged and depressed.

whoelse said:
Any babes looking for gigolo?

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I jobless now. :sweat:

Me too... I am also looking for a job... So sad, not even call me up for 1st interview...

Shodan99 said:
Me too... I am also looking for a job... So sad, not even call me up for 1st interview...

HI there,
I've just quit my job and went to the 1st interview yesterday inthe late afternoon.Now the market in singapore are very in demanding.For those who are still working in the company,learn as much as you can in the company which you are working right now.

There are indeed many jobs offers in singapore. Just that the timing & working days might not suit majority hoping for a 8 to 5 or 9 to 6 type of job scope.

Anyway, I've gone to 3 companies & have got offered by 2. I'm just an O level with not much experiences but am now getting pay of more than $1.8K, less than $2.5 per month.

To the other CSers, wish you all good luck if you are currently jobless now.

Status
Not open for further replies.