For comments: Chinatown, Sg. Chinese New Year deco

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarinet

Nov 16, 2004
strewberry farm
CNY2006.jpg

Any comment for improvement?

It's a pretty shot but I think the story can be told better if you closed up on the couple shooting themselves with a cameraphone with the crowd in the background.

Just my 2 cents =)

Try to get a subject in your shot. Shots don't work often without subjects. How you may ask? Does isolating a subject mean that i can't get the decorations too? Well, the subject can be the crowd! or the decorations! The problem now is that all the elements in the shot are given equal weightage, try creating a focus on just one element for starters.

Hope that helps

I'm trying to get the deco as my subject, so how should i compose the shot?
Thank.

hi clarinet, hope my comments won't shock you ... improvement? i'll say junk this shot. :)

yes i'm serious. this is a badly framed picture with absolutely nothing for me to focus my attention on.

remedy? try new angles.

how would Chinatown CNY decor look from the top front seat of a doubledecker bus? how about a worm's eyeview? or capturing lots of motion amidst the bright decor with a slow shutter? have fun :)

there is actually a few good shots in the photo...u can use the 2 foreigns in the back, or the little girl walking at the right side..

Status
Not open for further replies.